|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT a cause of decay according to the Buddhists?
(a) Leadership of men without morality or learning.
(b) Omission to repair that which had been damaged.
(c) The persistent occurence of bad practices.
(d) Disregard of the need for reasonable economy.
2. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, what is part of the unceasing human endeavor to prove?
(a) "To prove that the quintessential revolution is that of the spirit."
(b) "To prove that there is a compelling need for a closer relationship between politics and ethics at both the national and international levels."
(c) "To prove that the spirit of man can transcend the flaws of his own nature."
(d) "To prove It is the cumulative effect on their sustained effort and steady endurance which will change a nation."
3. How did British colonization occur in Burma?
(a) Gradually over 200 years.
(b) After a five-year war.
(c) In three clear-cut phases.
(d) Abruptly, in a few months.
4. How did Aung San want to achieve nationalism?
(a) Through force.
(b) With the assistance of the United Nations.
(c) Through non-violent resistance.
5. Who published Aung San Suu Kyi's work that examines the themes in Burmese literature and political thought?
(a) Tokyo University.
(b) Bangkok University.
(c) University of Mumbai.
(d) Seoul National University.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of outsiders, who represented a bigger change than the British?
2. Why were the Burmese people not ideal recipients of leftist literature during the 1930s?
3. Why did Burma have few social problems?
4. Which is not a Burmese ethnic group?
5. When did political thinking in Burma become increasingly organized?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)