|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Suu Kyi in her speech on December 3, 1988, for what do the people of Burma have a responsibility?
(a) For following the course for democracy.
(b) For monitoring their own conduct.
(c) For the welfare of their country.
(d) For remaining steadfast in trying times.
2. What is NOT one of the four types of corruption identified by Aung San Suu Kyi?
(c) Ill will.
3. What is the political party that overthrew the Burmese government in 1962?
(a) Burma Socialist Programme Party (BSPP)
(b) The Unity and Development Party (UDP)
(c) The Kuki Students Democratic Front (KSDF)
(d) National League for Democracy (NLD)
4. Which one of the following is NOT one of the things that Suu Kyi emphasizes in her speech on December 1988?
(a) Everyone must maintain hope.
(b) Everyone must work together for democracy.
(c) Loyalties and allegiances should not be short-term.
(d) Loyalties and allegiances should not be to individuals or groups.
5. In Suu Kyi's interview with Karan Thapar in August 29, 1988, what does she state as her vision for her role in Burma?
(a) She will look for ways in which she can be most of service.
(b) She wants to become a leader as great as her father.
(c) She will lead from behind the scenes.
(d) She will hand the reigns of the leadership over to the party chairman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The passage written in 1908 negatively compares the Burmese to the following nationalities EXCEPT?
2. What can authorities in Burma do without due process?
3. According to Suu Kyi in her letter dated 14 April 1989, who is causing the Burmese people problems?
4. Who does Suu Kyi ask to press about the human rights violations in Burma in her open letter dated September 26, 1988?
5. In Suu Kyi's speech on December 3, 1988, what are Suu Kyi's beliefs about democracy in Burma?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)