|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization is holding the event that Suu Kyi wants people to act upon her request?
(a) The International Court of Justice.
(b) The Burmese Government.
(c) The United Nations General Assembly.
(d) The Burmese Tribunal.
2. What is NOT one of the four types of corruption identified by Aung San Suu Kyi?
(c) Ill will.
3. What comparison does Suu Kyi make to the ongoing national crisis in 1988?
(a) The second struggle for national independence.
(b) The democratic movement in China.
(c) The fallling of The Iron Curtain.
(d) The peasant revolts that have occurred throughout history.
4. How did the British attempt to pacify the Burmese people during their rule?
(a) By imposing curfews.
(b) By turing their backs on the corruption of local Burmese administrators.
(c) Through intermarriage.
(d) By emphasizing differences among the ethnic groups.
5. In spite what conditions was Aung San Suu Kyi submitting her papers to stand for election in May 1990?
(a) No hopes of winning the election.
(b) She did not fit the basic qualifications for holding office.
(c) She had been detained for her political opinion.
(d) She had contracted tuberculosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other organizations has Suu Kyi made appeals about the violation of human rights in Burma?
2. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, when was the occasion to address human rights violations to occur?
3. Who were the leaders of the party that overthrew the Burmese government in 1962?
4. Which is NOT a cause of decay according to the Buddhists?
5. Why does Amnesty International not come to Burma?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)