|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sheriff and the deputy help themselves to in Francie's house?
(a) A meatloaf.
(b) Some sandwiches.
(d) Daddy's cake.
2. How much does Francie receive for the extra work she has done at the Rivers' house?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) A dime.
(d) Twenty-five cents.
3. Francie can tell that Jesse is in the area because the watermelon is missing from the creek and _______________.
(a) There are signs of a campfire.
(b) She finds a sock.
(c) She sees Jesse's good luck charm.
(d) There are candy wrappers on the ground.
4. Jesse is being accused of hurting ________________ farm hand.
(a) Mr. Voiles'.
(b) Mr. Early's.
(c) Mr. Givens'.
(d) Mr. Bascomb's.
5. What is the last piece of mail the family receives at their house?
(a) A church bulletin.
(b) A letter from Daddy.
(c) A flyer.
(d) A postcard from California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama tells Francie she wishes for _________.
2. What does Perry invite Prez to join him in doing?
3. Why does Mama order Francie to retrieve the empty jars before morning?
4. Francie sees a photo of _______________ on Miss Lafayette's dresser.
5. Miss Lafayette tells Francie that Francie and her family could get in trouble for ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Francie's mother worried about Francie's taking food to Jesse?
2. In what ways do the sheriff and deputy show disrespect to Francie and her family?
3. What are the stresses that Francie's mother is experiencing now?
4. What does Mama's comment to Miss Beach about September foreshadow for the family?
5. What impact has Francie's father's not arriving had on the family?
6. What has Mama brought home from Green's for herself, Francie, and Prez?
7. What plans has Mama made for the family?
8. When does Francie become sure that Jesse is hiding in the woods?
9. Who is Mr. Early? Why is he so intent on capturing Jesse?
10. Why does Clarissa Montgomery drive to Francine's house on the night the men and the dogs are searching for Jesse?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)