|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will the family travel to Chicago?
2. What do Prez and Perry collect in a jar?
3. What does the sheriff or deputy do that shows disrespect toward the black people?
(a) He spits on the property.
(b) He drives on the grass.
(c) He slaps a little boy.
(d) He pulls some flowers out of the ground.
4. What does Miss Beach accuse Francie of stealing?
(a) Some pieces of taffy.
(b) Half a can of smoked salmon.
(c) A pumpkin pie.
(d) A bag of apples.
5. What do the sheriff and the deputy help themselves to in Francie's house?
(a) A meatloaf.
(c) Some sandwiches.
(d) Daddy's cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Francie receive for the extra work she has done at the Rivers' house?
2. What food does Mama take for the trip?
3. Who is the maid at the Rivers' home?
4. What does Francie tell Miss Lafayette when she sees her at the boardinghouse?
5. Francie hears Mabel say that she had been frightened by _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans has Mama made for the family?
2. What has Mama brought home from Green's for herself, Francie, and Prez?
3. Why is Francie's mother worried about Francie's taking food to Jesse?
4. In what ways do the sheriff and deputy show disrespect to Francie and her family?
5. How do Francie and Prez get food to Jesse in the woods?
6. What does Mama's comment to Miss Beach about September foreshadow for the family?
7. What advice does Miss Lafayette give Francie about helping Jesse?
8. What are the stresses that Francie's mother is experiencing now?
9. Why is Francie disheartened when she sees Alberta again?
10. What impact could Francie's protection of Jesse have for the whole neighborhood?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)