|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Francie receive for the extra work she has done at the Rivers' house?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A dime.
(d) Twenty-five cents.
2. Who brings Prez and Perry home?
3. What does Clarissa seem to like about Francie's house?
(b) Good cooking.
(c) Good music.
(d) A family environment.
4. Where are Mama and her children moving?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. Which of the following is NOT something that depresses Francie at the moment?
(a) Loss of dreams to move.
(b) Her midterm grades.
(c) Loss of Jesse.
(d) Daddy not coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Jesse when he appears at Francie's house?
2. What is the name of Francie's dog?
3. Why does Mama need to quickly leave Auntie's house and return home?
4. How will the family travel to Chicago?
5. What does Francie give to Prez to hide in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mama's comment to Miss Beach about September foreshadow for the family?
2. What plans has Mama made for the family?
3. Where does Jesse say he is headed? What does Francie do to try to protect him for the night?
4. What does Jesse tell Francie about what happened with Mr. Bellamy and why he is in trouble?
5. What has Mama brought home from Green's for herself, Francie, and Prez?
6. Explain Mama's characteristics that allow her to take charge and create a new life for her family in spite of all the obstacles in her way.
7. What is the content of Daddy's letter? How does the family react to it?
8. What impact could Francie's protection of Jesse have for the whole neighborhood?
9. Why does Clarissa run the risk of bringing Prez and Perry home?
10. Why does Clarissa Montgomery drive to Francine's house on the night the men and the dogs are searching for Jesse?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)