|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Francie put food so Jesse will find it?
(a) The train station.
(b) The abandoned mine.
(c) The creek.
(d) The woods.
2. Why does Francie suddenly leave work at the school teacher's home?
(a) She is afraid Jesse will be caught during a shed search.
(b) She hears the whistle of Daddy's train coming.
(c) She has food poisoning.
(d) She hears gunshots in the direction of their house.
3. What is the name of the town where Francie lives?
4. Prez tells Francie that Mr. Bellamy looks as if _____________________.
(a) Nothing has happened to him.
(b) He will recover.
(c) He has been going to physical therapy.
(d) He is not going to live much longer.
5. Mama does not punish Francie for _______________________.
(a) Calling her Daddy.
(b) Helping Jesse.
(c) Spilling the milk.
(d) Skipping school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francie think about her father after so many disappointments?
2. What does someone from the search party throw against Mama's house?
3. Who will Juniper stay with when the family leaves?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Jesse when he appears at Francie's house?
5. What does Mama chastise Francie for saying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Francie see the Bascombs doing as she sneaks through the woods?
2. What does Jesse tell Francie about what happened with Mr. Bellamy and why he is in trouble?
3. When does Francie become sure that Jesse is hiding in the woods?
4. What is the content of Daddy's letter? How does the family react to it?
5. What plans has Mama made for the family?
6. Why is Francie's mother worried about Francie's taking food to Jesse?
7. What has Mama brought home from Green's for herself, Francie, and Prez?
8. What are the stresses that Francie's mother is experiencing now?
9. What makes Francie run away from her job at Miss Rivers' home and what does she tell her mother about it?
10. What impact has Francie's father's not arriving had on the family?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)