|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Francie can tell that Jesse is in the area because the watermelon is missing from the creek and _______________.
(a) She finds a sock.
(b) There are candy wrappers on the ground.
(c) She sees Jesse's good luck charm.
(d) There are signs of a campfire.
2. Miss Beach asks Mama if she can work for two weeks in the ____________________.
(d) Sewing room.
3. What does Miss Beach accuse Francie of stealing?
(a) Some pieces of taffy.
(b) A pumpkin pie.
(c) Half a can of smoked salmon.
(d) A bag of apples.
4. Mama tells Francie she wishes for _________.
(a) A Sunday off.
(b) A massage.
(c) A car.
(d) A hot bubble bath.
5. What does Francie think about her father after so many disappointments?
(a) Maybe he actually does have another family.
(b) Maybe he is dead.
(c) He probably doesn't even remember her.
(d) She probably won't ever see him again.
6. Who will store the family's possessions when they leave?
7. Why does Mama order Francie to retrieve the empty jars before morning?
(a) So the family won't get in trouble.
(b) So they can re-fill them for Jesse.
(c) So she can use them for canning tomorrow.
(d) So no one will step on them and get cut.
8. Why does Mama need to quickly leave Auntie's house and return home?
(a) In case Prez and Perry are there.
(b) She has a cake in the oven.
(c) Her favorite television program is on.
(d) Company is coming soon.
9. What is the name of Francie's dog?
10. What is Mama doing in anticipation of Daddy's arrival?
(a) Cleaning the house.
(b) Ironing her dress.
(c) Arranging flowers.
(d) Baking a cake.
11. What does someone from the search party throw against Mama's house?
(a) A brick.
(b) A jar.
(c) A beer bottle.
(d) A rock.
12. What does Francie reply when the Sheriff asks her what is wrong?
(a) Her aunt is not recovering from her baby's delivery.
(b) Her dog got torn up by a bloodhound last night.
(c) No one has heard from her father for weeks.
(d) Mama has come down with the flu.
13. Who is the maid at the Rivers' home?
14. What does Mama bring home one day?
(a) A pink hat.
(b) A big box.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A kitten.
15. Why is Mama's pantry not as full as she remembered?
(a) Francie's appetite is causing her to eat more.
(b) Granny has not replaced what she borrowed.
(c) Francie is giving food to Jesse.
(d) She had used more for the holiday meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francie tell Miss Lafayette when she sees her at the boardinghouse?
2. Where does Clarissa Montgomery find Prez and Perry hiding?
3. How will the family travel to Chicago?
4. What can Francie see of Jesse when he hides in her house?
5. What does Prez tell Miss Mabel when he sees her?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)