|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Francie and Prez find empty packing boxes?
2. What is the last name of Billy and Jack?
3. Mr. Early claims that his dogs can smell a__________________.
4. What does Mama bring home one day?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A pink hat.
(d) A big box.
5. What type of man does Francie NOT want to marry?
(a) A plumber.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A railroad man.
(d) A butcher.
6. Why does Mama order Francie to retrieve the empty jars before morning?
(a) So they can re-fill them for Jesse.
(b) So the family won't get in trouble.
(c) So no one will step on them and get cut.
(d) So she can use them for canning tomorrow.
7. What is the name of the town where Francie lives?
8. What does Francie reply when the Sheriff asks her what is wrong?
(a) Mama has come down with the flu.
(b) Her aunt is not recovering from her baby's delivery.
(c) No one has heard from her father for weeks.
(d) Her dog got torn up by a bloodhound last night.
9. Which of the following is NOT something that depresses Francie at the moment?
(a) Daddy not coming.
(b) Loss of dreams to move.
(c) Her midterm grades.
(d) Loss of Jesse.
10. Francie hears Mabel say that she had been frightened by _______________________.
(a) Seeing Jesse in the woods.
(b) A fire in her neighborhood.
(c) The talk of war on the news.
(d) Rumors of a serial killer in the area.
11. What is at the top of the list of chores that Mama has for Francie?
(a) Hang out the laundry.
(b) Retrieve the glass jars.
(c) Sweep the kitchen.
(d) Wash the dishes.
12. What can Francie see of Jesse when he hides in her house?
(a) His hair.
(b) His feet.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His leg.
13. What does Mama throw away when she returns home?
(a) Moldy bread.
(b) Spoiled milk.
(c) Old leftovers.
(d) The rest of the cake.
14. What do Billy and Jack threaten to do to Prez and Perry?
(a) Send the dogs after them.
(b) Throw them in the pond.
(c) Take them to jail.
(d) Shave their heads.
15. What does Francie think about her father after so many disappointments?
(a) Maybe he actually does have another family.
(b) Maybe he is dead.
(c) She probably won't ever see him again.
(d) He probably doesn't even remember her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama give to Francie and Prez?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Jesse when he appears at Francie's house?
3. Mama does not punish Francie for _______________________.
4. Jesse is being accused of hurting ________________ farm hand.
5. What do Prez and Perry collect in a jar?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)