|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Francie live?
2. What does Mrs. Montgomery's niece notice about Francie?
(a) Her injured legs.
(b) Her black eye.
(c) Her torn skirt.
(d) Her beautiful hair.
3. For what reason does Francie receive an award on Commencement Day?
(a) Artistic talent.
(b) Academic achievement.
(c) Perfect attendance.
(d) Musical excellence.
4. What book does Francie take with her to Green's?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Raggedy Ann.
(c) Nancy Drew.
(d) Cherry Ames.
5. What do the Butler children NOT bring to school?
6. Who is Miss Lattimore?
(a) Francie's aunt
(b) The school principal.
(c) Francie's godmother.
(d) The town librarian.
7. A woman named Mabel examines the baby and declares that she will be brown and __________________.
(a) Have kinky hair.
(b) Live a long life.
(c) Have black hair.
(d) Be very tall.
8. What book does Clarissa give to Francie?
(a) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Vanity Fair.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
9. Why does Francie have to go to Clarissa Montgomery's house?
(a) To scrub floors.
(b) To polish silver.
(c) To iron table cloths.
(d) To bake tea cakes.
10. Which of the following information is NOT included on the Wanted poster?
(a) The person is dangerous.
(b) The person is wanted for murder.
(c) The person has a large facial scar.
(d) The person is armed.
11. What does Francie catch a glimpse of in the woods?
(a) A fox.
(b) A deer.
(c) A bear.
(d) A person.
12. Why does Jesse continue to walk to school each day?
(a) The truant officer makes him.
(b) He promised his dead mother.
(c) He wants to get away from his abusive father.
(d) He wants a better life that an education can give him.
13. Why does Granny say that the new baby has good fortune?
(a) She was born between daybreak and sunrise.
(b) She was born in a warm month.
(c) She came quickly into the world.
(d) She has the mark of Venus on her.
14. What is Francie's father's job?
(b) Maintenance man.
(d) Train porter.
15. What name does Holly call Francie?
(c) Nosy Rosie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate destination of the young woman who approaches Francie?
2. Where does Francie work?
3. How does Francie spend her day at Aunt Lydia's house?
4. How does Francie manage to humiliate Holly?
5. What does Francie instruct Clarissa in doing?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)