|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francie's mother do to Francie when she learns what Francie did to the cat?
(a) She whips her.
(b) She grounds her.
(c) She refuses to speak to her.
(d) She sends her home.
2. What is Francie's father's job?
(b) Maintenance man.
(c) Train porter.
3. What is Jesse's last name?
4. What is Francie's mother doing in town when Francie sees her?
(a) Selling eggs.
(b) Mailing a package.
(c) Buying lemons.
(d) Carrying groceries.
5. Why does Francie not put her shoes on until she gets to school?
(a) To not wear them out.
(b) To walk quietly.
(c) To keep them clean.
(d) To avoid blisters.
6. What do white children throw at Francie at the drugstore?
7. Which of the following is NOT something Francie likes to do?
(a) Watch trains go by.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Eat Scooter Pies.
(d) Read books.
8. Who owns the business where Francie works?
(a) Miss Beach.
(b) Mrs. Carter.
(c) Mr. Gerace.
(d) The Catholic Church.
9. Who arrives at the house to help with the baby?
(c) Aunt Ophelia.
10. What does Francie do at her job?
(a) Puts labels on boxes.
(b) Bakes bread.
(c) Delivers meals.
(d) Washes clothing.
11. What is Jesse doing at the Montgomery home?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Washing cars.
(c) Fixing a gazebo step.
(d) Painting the shed.
12. A woman named Mabel examines the baby and declares that she will be brown and __________________.
(a) Have kinky hair.
(b) Live a long life.
(c) Be very tall.
(d) Have black hair.
13. What is the name of the young woman who approaches Francie?
14. What is the ultimate destination of the young woman who approaches Francie?
15. Which of Francie's classmates will not graduate from grammar school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Diller accuse Francie of stealing?
2. What book does Miss Lafayette give to Francie?
3. Who in Francie's family is expecting a baby?
4. Who is Natasha?
5. Holly threatens Francie about ___________.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)