|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesse's last name?
2. Who had once slapped Francie in a store?
(b) Francie's mother.
3. What is Francie's father's job?
(c) Train porter.
(d) Maintenance man.
4. In what city does Francie's father work?
(c) Kansas City.
5. What is the ultimate destination of the young woman who approaches Francie?
6. Granny usually tells Francie stories about ______________________.
(a) Witches and haunts.
(b) Her ancestors.
(c) Knights of the round table.
7. What does Francie do when she realizes that Jesse does not bring any lunch to school?
(a) She tells the teacher.
(b) She invites him for supper.
(c) She brings a lunch for him.
(d) She shares her lunch with him.
8. Where does Francie go to buy the pipe for her father?
9. Francie tells Mr. Diller that she saw Holly stealing a __________________.
(a) Pack of hair ribbons.
(d) Comic book.
10. What does Francie's mother tell her about Jesse?
(a) He will have to stand trial.
(b) He is hiding out in a cave.
(c) He is probably long gone.
(d) He is innocent.
11. Who arrives at the house to help with the baby?
(d) Aunt Ophelia.
12. Who is Perry's mother?
13. What are the men doing in the store when Francie is there?
(a) Arguing in the back of the store.
(b) Arguing about a bill.
(c) Quietly discussing someone's illness.
(d) Unloading a shipment of products.
14. Who is Natasha?
(a) The Montgomerys' neighbor.
(b) A character in Clarissa's book.
(c) Francie's cousin.
(d) Clarissa's cousin.
15. Francie's mother gives her money for coffee and ___________________.
(a) A Scooter Pie.
(b) A doughnut.
(d) A sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holly Grace?
2. Clarissa tells Francie that she is ____________________.
3. Who is Mrs. Montgomery's niece?
4. Which of the following does Francie's father NOT mention in his letter to Francie?
5. What is Francie's last name?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)