|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Holly call Francie when she embarrasses her in front of her guests?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Francie likes to do?
(a) Read books.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Eat Scooter Pies.
(d) Watch trains go by.
3. Who is Perry's mother?
4. Why does Francie have to go to Clarissa Montgomery's house?
(a) To polish silver.
(b) To scrub floors.
(c) To iron table cloths.
(d) To bake tea cakes.
5. Where does Francie work?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) A factory.
(d) A bakery.
6. What does Francie's mother do to Francie when she learns what Francie did to the cat?
(a) She whips her.
(b) She sends her home.
(c) She refuses to speak to her.
(d) She grounds her.
7. Who in Francie's family is expecting a baby?
(a) Cousin Maddie.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Aunt Celia.
(d) Aunt Lydia.
8. Which of the following does Francie's father NOT mention in his letter to Francie?
(b) Piano lessons.
9. Who is Francie's teacher?
(a) Miss Lattimore.
(b) Miss Lennon.
(c) Miss Legrand.
(d) Miss Lamar.
10. How far does Jesse have to walk to school each day?
(a) About a mile.
(b) 3 blocks.
(c) A few blocks.
(d) 6-7 miles.
11. What is the ultimate destination of the young woman who approaches Francie?
12. Where does Francie buy her coffee and Scooter Pie?
13. What book does Francie take with her to Green's?
(a) Cherry Ames.
(b) Raggedy Ann.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Nancy Drew.
14. Augustine and Mae come from a family of _____________________.
15. What book does Clarissa give to Francie?
(a) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Vanity Fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which cousin does Prez play with most of the time?
2. What is Francie's father's job?
3. Who is Holly Grace?
4. Why does Granny say that the new baby has good fortune?
5. How many shrimp wheels is Francie instructed to serve each guest?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)