|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny drink when she stops by Francie's house?
2. What does Daddy say in his letter that arrives?
(a) He will be home on Sunday.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) He bought a new house.
(d) He is coming for Christmas.
3. Clarissa tells Francie that she is ____________________.
(a) Going away to school.
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Learning to drive.
(d) Taking art lessons.
4. Who does Francie see near the river?
(b) Her father.
5. Where does Francie work?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A factory.
(d) A boarding house.
6. Francie tells Mr. Diller that she saw Holly stealing a __________________.
(a) Comic book.
(d) Pack of hair ribbons.
7. What book does Clarissa give to Francie?
(a) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Vanity Fair.
8. What do white children throw at Francie at the drugstore?
9. What reason does Francie give for Mrs. Grace's serving on a budget?
(a) Mr. Grace made a bad investment.
(b) Mrs. Grace is naturally frugal.
(c) Mrs. Grace doesn't like to entertain.
(d) Mr. Grace has put her on a new budget.
10. What book does Francie take with her to Green's?
(a) Nancy Drew.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Raggedy Ann.
(d) Cherry Ames.
11. What name does Holly call Francie?
(d) Nosy Rosie.
12. Who is Holly Grace?
(a) Francie's friend.
(b) Augustine's friend.
(c) Clarissa's friend.
(d) Mae's friend.
13. What does Francie's mother tell her about Jesse?
(a) He will have to stand trial.
(b) He is probably long gone.
(c) He is innocent.
(d) He is hiding out in a cave.
14. What does Francie do as she works?
(b) Prays silently.
(c) Listens to the radio.
(d) Makes up songs.
15. Who does Francie say is responsible for taking the missing book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Granny usually tells Francie stories about ______________________.
2. Why does Augustine resent Francie?
3. Who arrives at the house to help with the baby?
4. Why does Francie have to go to Clarissa Montgomery's house?
5. Which of the following does Francie's father NOT mention in his letter to Francie?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)