|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Holly call Francie?
(d) Nosy Rosie.
2. Augustine and Mae come from a family of _____________________.
3. At whose home does Francie work?
(a) Mrs. Champ's.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery's.
(c) Mrs. Beaulieu's.
(d) Mrs. Voiles'.
4. Why does Francie not put her shoes on until she gets to school?
(a) To avoid blisters.
(b) To keep them clean.
(c) To not wear them out.
(d) To walk quietly.
5. What does Francie do when she realizes that Jesse does not bring any lunch to school?
(a) She shares her lunch with him.
(b) She brings a lunch for him.
(c) She invites him for supper.
(d) She tells the teacher.
6. Who is Miss Lattimore?
(a) The school principal.
(b) The town librarian.
(c) Francie's godmother.
(d) Francie's aunt
7. Which of the following is NOT something Francie likes to do?
(a) Watch trains go by.
(b) Read books.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Eat Scooter Pies.
8. What do white children throw at Francie at the drugstore?
9. What does Francie's mother do to Francie when she learns what Francie did to the cat?
(a) She grounds her.
(b) She refuses to speak to her.
(c) She whips her.
(d) She sends her home.
10. In what city does Francie's father work?
(c) Kansas City.
11. What is the name of Aunt Lydia's new baby?
12. What does a birth in the family mean for Francie's family?
(a) A holiday from working.
(b) A burden.
(c) A newspaper announcement.
(d) A Christening party at church.
13. What is Francie's father's job?
(a) Train porter.
(b) Maintenance man.
14. What does Daddy say in his letter that arrives?
(a) He will be home on Sunday.
(b) He bought a new house.
(c) He is coming for Christmas.
(d) He lost his job.
15. What is Francie's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had once slapped Francie in a store?
2. Who arrives at the house to help with the baby?
3. Who is Francie's teacher?
4. Who in Francie's family is expecting a baby?
5. Who is Natasha?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)