|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jesse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francie's mother decide to not punish her when she sees her in town?
(a) Francie says that school got out early.
(b) Francie shows her the threatening note for Augustine.
(c) Francie says that she brought a friend to the doctor.
(d) Francie says she is running an errand for the teacher.
2. What does Perry invite Prez to join him in doing?
(a) Going fishing.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Making ice cream.
(d) Hopping a train.
3. Francie overhears the white women talking about ________________.
(b) Mr. Diller.
4. What does Daddy say in his letter that arrives?
(a) He will be home on Sunday.
(b) He bought a new house.
(c) He is coming for Christmas.
(d) He lost his job.
5. What does a birth in the family mean for Francie's family?
(a) A newspaper announcement.
(b) A burden.
(c) A Christening party at church.
(d) A holiday from working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Prez and Perry home?
2. In what state does Francie live?
3. Where does Francie work?
4. What do the sheriff and his deputy ask Francie and the other children?
5. What does Francie tell Miss Lafayette when she sees her at the boardinghouse?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)