|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Signs in the Woods and Sheriff Barnes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francie's mother warn Francie about regarding white people?
(a) Don't listen to their conversations.
(b) Don't walk in front of them.
(c) Don't trust them.
(d) Don't speak to them.
2. What do Prez and Perry collect in a jar?
3. Granny usually tells Francie stories about ______________________.
(a) Knights of the round table.
(c) Witches and haunts.
(d) Her ancestors.
4. Why does Jesse continue to walk to school each day?
(a) He wants a better life that an education can give him.
(b) He promised his dead mother.
(c) The truant officer makes him.
(d) He wants to get away from his abusive father.
5. Why is Mama's pantry not as full as she remembered?
(a) Francie is giving food to Jesse.
(b) She had used more for the holiday meal.
(c) Francie's appetite is causing her to eat more.
(d) Granny has not replaced what she borrowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Green's son tell Francie he will keep secret?
2. Why does Francie have to go to Clarissa Montgomery's house?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Francie likes to do?
4. What is Francie's father's job?
5. Why does Francie's mother decide to not punish her when she sees her in town?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)