|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapters 11-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a fictional science in the Foundation universe which combines history, sociology, and mathematical statistics to make general predictions about the future behavior of very large groups of people?
2. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 21, Dors worries that Joranum could soon seize power, but who predicts that his movement will collapse?
(a) Hari Seldon.
(b) Eto Demerzel.
(c) Emperor Cleon I.
(d) Jo-Jo Joranum.
3. What is the third of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
(b) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(c) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(d) A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.
4. Who recognizes Yugo's story and agrees to pass along a coded message to Joranum in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 16?
(a) Gen. Dugal Tennar.
(b) Guardsman Sander Nee.
(c) Cpl. Quinber.
(d) Dr. Cinda Monay.
5. Who is the First Minister to Emperor Cleon I?
(a) Dors Venábili.
(b) Eto Demerzel.
(c) Yugo Amaryl.
(d) Hari Seldon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 22, who practices laughing on cue for Hari and Dors before performing on camera?
2. Dors Venabili, in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 3, is angry that her husband has tangled with whose right-hand man?
3. What key concept of psychohistory states that because any action can have unpredictable, chaotic effects, all actions must be as close to zero as possible?
4. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 5, as soon as Hari arranges a meeting with Eto, who requests one first?
5. What does Eto Demerzel tell Hari to call him in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 11?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)