|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lewis dislike Paul Trible?
(a) Trible lobbies to send troops to Cambodia.
(b) Trible was accused of extortion two years previous.
(c) He thinks Trible is a hypocrite.
(d) Trible is Tom Downing's opponent.
2. Why is Lewis sad in Chapter 9?
(a) His last leg surgery was a failure.
(b) His father died.
(c) His last hand surgery was a failure.
(d) He lost the election.
3. What does Lewis do for the first time in November of 1972?
(a) Attend a protest rally.
(b) Begin writing his book.
(c) Run for Congress.
(d) Vote in a presidential election.
4. In Chapter 7, how long does Lewis train on his second pair of artificial legs?
(a) Five months.
(b) One week.
(c) A year.
(d) One month.
5. What affect does Lewis's war record have on his campaign?
(a) It is both an asset and a liability.
(b) He finds great support among middle class Americans.
(c) He finds people respect his opinion.
(d) He is ignored by most senior members of Congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is Lewis running for office?
2. How does Lewis use his knowledge of military strategy in civilian life?
3. Which political party does Lewis associate himself with?
4. Where does Lewis work in 1976?
5. Which president does Lewis meet in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lewis delay his entry into law school?
2. How does Lewis's stay in the psychiatric unit at Bethesda Naval Hospital and the Psychiatric Institute of Washington affect his character?
3. Why are Lewis's friends surprised by his choice of actions after the election?
4. Why does Lewis have problems with his co-workers at the Office of General Counsel of the Veterans Administration?
5. How does the ability to drive a car affect Lewis's self esteem?
6. Describe the operation Dr. Sandzen attempts on Lewis's right hand.
7. How does Lewis prepare to re-enter civilian life?
8. How does Lewis handle his campaign debt?
9. Why does Lewis begin to lose faith in America's leaders?
10. How does Lewis's drinking affect his work and family life?
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)