|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the letter Dr. Sandzen shows Lewis, what does the Navy Surgeon General advise his subordinate commands to do to all active-duty injured veterans?
(a) Retire those who are unable to return to duty.
(b) Send them stateside.
(c) Administer life saving treatment only.
(d) Return them to duty as soon as possible.
2. After leaving the hospital for the last time, what does Lewis decide to do as a civilian?
(a) Go to law school.
(b) Lobby to end the war.
(c) Run in the Special Olympics.
(d) Let his hair grow long.
3. Why is Lt. Calley on trial in Chapter 7?
(a) For shooting his commanding officer.
(b) For going A.W.O.L. in Laos.
(c) For the murder of a Vietcong general.
(d) For committing atrocities against civilians in Vietnam.
4. What happens to Chesty in October of 1971?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He is in an automobile accident.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is shot at a protest rally in Washington D.C.
5. What technological advance does Lewis's second pair of artificial legs contain?
(a) Adjustable cups and attachment straps.
(b) Spring loaded ankles.
(c) Tension rods.
(d) Hydraulic knees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis do for the first time in November of 1972?
2. How does John Zier die?
3. In Chapter 7, how long does Lewis train on his second pair of artificial legs?
4. Who takes care of Chesty after his massive stroke in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Lewis have difficulty with the local newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Lewis encounter with local newspapers during his election campaign?
2. Describe the operation Dr. Willet attempts on Lewis's right hand.
3. How does Lewis's election campaign affect his relationship with his family?
4. What is in the letter Dr. Sandzen shows Lewis?
5. How does Lewis handle his campaign debt?
6. Describe the operation Dr. Sandzen attempts on Lewis's right hand.
7. Why does Lewis dislike Paul Trible?
8. How does Lewis's work with Charles S. Robb affect his motivation?
9. How does Lewis cope with the loss of the election?
10. How does the ability to drive a car affect Lewis's self esteem?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)