|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lewis's twin sister?
2. Who is Fidget?
(a) Lewis's dog
(b) A Corporal who befriends Lewis.
(c) The camp mascot.
(d) Chesty's personal aide.
3. How does Lewis earn his first Purple Heart medal?
(a) He is shot in the hand by a Vietcong sniper.
(b) A piece of shrapnel from a booby trap injures his hand.
(c) He is shot in the leg while trying to escape an ambush.
(d) He is injured while dragging a member of his platoon to safety.
4. What is the Riviera?
(a) The most dangerous patrol area near Camp 413.
(b) The resort area for troops in Vietnam.
(c) A costal area between Italy and France.
(d) An expensive hotel in Las Vegas.
5. Where is Camp 413 located?
(a) Outside Da Nang.
(b) East of Seoul.
(c) North of Hanoi.
(d) Outside Dong Ha.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lewis lose his legs?
2. Who is the first visitor to see Lewis after his injury?
3. What lesson does Lewis learn the day his eye is blackened?
4. What local ware does Lewis prohibit his men from purchasing at the Tu Cau Bridge?
5. In Chapter 2, where does Virginia's husband serve during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lewis resume a former bad habit in Vietnam?
2. How does Toddy's pregnancy affect Lewis's life?
3. Describe Paul Barents.
4. How does Chesty's fame and position affect Lewis's experiences at Officer Candidate School?
5. What does Lewis decide to give Toddy the first time she sees him in the hospital?
6. What causes Lewis to see his father as a fallible human being?
7. How does Lewis suffer as a young boy due to his father's fame and position?
8. Why does Lewis wait a day before assuming command of his troops?
9. How does Lewis's college life contrast with his experiences in Officer Candidate School?
10. How does a local village take advantage of Lewis and his officers in Chapter 3?
This section contains 1,393 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)