1. At what point in his life does the author begin telling his story?
At six years of age.
2. What is the name of Lewis's father?
Lewis "Chesty" Puller.
3. In Chapter 1, what rank had Lewis's father attained?
4. In Chapter 1, from what conflict or war had Lewis's father just returned?
The Korean conflict.
5. In what branch of the armed forces does Lewis's father serve?
6. In 1951, what does Lewis's father give him for his birthday?
A .22-caliber single-shot rifle.
7. In Chapter 1, how does Lewis blacken his eye?
From the recoil of a .45-caliber pistol.
This section contains 5,325 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)