|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Phil Leslie?
(a) The radio operator who was shot.
(b) One of Nixon's political advisors in Vietnam.
(c) The Staff Sergeant who ran the platoon before Lewis' arrival.
(d) The corpsman for Lewis' platoon.
2. Where is Lewis' unit deployed when he first arrives in Vietnam?
(a) Outside Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Just north of Seoul.
(c) Near the Cua Viet River.
(d) Near the Thanlyin river.
3. What is the Riviera?
(a) A costal area between Italy and France.
(b) The resort area for troops in Vietnam.
(c) An expensive hotel in Las Vegas.
(d) The most dangerous patrol area near Camp 413.
4. What lesson does Lewis learn the day his eye is blackened?
(a) Be sure of your target and of what is beyond it.
(b) Watch your front and trust that others will have your back.
(c) Always watch where you step.
(d) Boys do not cry in front of grown men.
5. In Chapter 1, what rank had Lewis's father attained?
(a) Colonel Brigadier.
(b) Brigadier General.
(c) Lieutenant Colonel.
(d) Lieutenant General.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Lewis assign Cowboy?
2. Where does Toddy plan to live while Lewis is fighting in the war?
3. How does Sergeant Sorg assist Lewis during his military training?
4. What college does Lewis attend?
5. What regret does Lewis have about his first mission in the DMZ?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)