|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous actor's stepson also graduates at Lewis' commissioning ceremony?
(a) Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Frank Sinatra
(c) Clark Gable.
(d) Dean Martin.
2. Why is Corporal Hitch assigned to Lewis' platoon?
(a) He admires Chesty Puller.
(b) He is being punished with combat duty.
(c) He requested Lewis' platoon.
(d) Lewis is "green" and could use his help.
3. What does Lewis decide to do before entering military service?
(a) Marry his high school sweetheart.
(b) Attend law school.
(c) Buy a red convertible Mustang.
(d) Put himself through a physical training program.
4. Why is Lewis's locker raided in Chapter 2?
(a) Because Lewis is a "newbie".
(b) Lewis's friends are trying to help him stop smoking.
(c) Lewis has a forbidden stash of chocolate.
(d) Because the thieves want name tags bearing the Puller name.
5. At what point in his life does the author begin telling his story?
(a) The summer of 1971.
(b) The fall of 1945.
(c) At eleven years of age.
(d) At six years of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country do young men flee to in 1967 to avoid the wartime draft?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Lewis ask Toddy to send him?
3. In Chapter 1, what rank had Lewis's father attained?
4. Who is living with Martha in Chapter 2?
5. To what base is Lewis's father transferred in 1952?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)