|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1952, why does Lewis's father become wary about letting his son mix with the troops on base?
(a) Lewis develops a habit of cursing.
(b) Lewis has a fascination with weapons.
(c) Lewis learns to like the taste of alcohol.
(d) Lewis hears gruesome stories of war.
2. In Chapter 1, how does Lewis blacken his eye?
(a) From the recoil of a .45-caliber pistol.
(b) By falling off his bike.
(c) By falling out of a deer stand.
(d) From the ricochet of a bb pellet.
3. Why does Lewis become angry with the villagers his platoon is supposed to protect?
(a) They try to sell their daughters to his platoon.
(b) They refuse to help wounded American soldiers.
(c) They do not listen to his warnings about land mines.
(d) They allow enemy snipers to take refuge in their villages.
4. In Chapter 2, what waiver is Lewis granted?
(a) An educational waiver.
(b) A vision waiver.
(c) A handicapped waiver.
(d) A draft waiver.
5. Which solider in Lewis' platoon excels at walking point on patrols?
(b) Corporal Hitch.
(d) Corporal Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what base is Lewis's father transferred in 1952?
2. What position does Lewis desire in the military?
3. Who is Fidget?
4. What military campaign is launched in January of 1968?
5. In Chapter 1, what rank had Lewis's father attained?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)