|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military campaign is launched in January of 1968?
(a) The Tet offensive.
(b) Operation Desert Shield.
(c) Operation Barbarossa.
(d) The Easter offensive.
2. Which friend from the states does Lewis encounter at the officer's club bar in Vietnam?
(a) Paul Barents.
(b) John Zier.
(c) Phil Leslie.
(d) Ken Shelleman.
3. In 1951, what does Lewis's father give him for his birthday?
(a) A Tippmann A-5.
(b) A Daisy Red Ryder BB gun.
(c) A .45-caliber pistol.
(d) A .22-caliber single-shot rifle.
4. Who is Corporal Watson?
(a) Squad leader.
(b) The senior corpsman.
(c) The radio operator.
(d) The platoon guide.
5. Which famous actor's stepson also graduates at Lewis' commissioning ceremony?
(a) Frank Sinatra
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Jimmy Stewart.
(d) Dean Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Lewis ask Toddy to send him?
2. In Chapter 1, from what conflict or war had Lewis's father just returned?
3. Who is living with Martha in Chapter 2?
4. To what country do young men flee to in 1967 to avoid the wartime draft?
5. In 1952, why does Lewis's father become wary about letting his son mix with the troops on base?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)