|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
2. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
3. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
4. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
(a) Consider using force when provoked.
(b) Provoke force.
(c) Create force.
(d) Initiate force against others.
5. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(a) Negative feelings.
(c) Logical thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
2. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
3. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
4. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
5. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)