|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has led to war parties around Camp Robinson?
2. What does each side, the Native Americans and the U.S. Army, accuse each other of?
3. What does Flashman tell Spotted Tail privately while at Camp Robinson?
4. What does Candy tell Flashman that the "B" in her name stands for?
5. What does Flashman suspect Elspeth of doing while they are at Camp Robinson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Crazy Horse and what is his attitude towards Americans?
2. Why does Flashman say he is glad that he isn't present for Spotted Tail's rejection of Senator Allison's offer for the Black Hills?
3. Describe how Flashman is injured.
4. What do Apaches believe about deceit?
5. What sort of show does Spotted Tail take the Flashmans to.
6. Why does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy want an audience with Flashman?
7. Describe the issue that is going on in the Black Hills.
8. How does Flashman describe Chief Mangas Colorado?
9. Why does Flashman blame Elspeth for this second trip to the United States?
10. How does Candy act strangely after having slept with Flashman? Why is it strange?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The ethics of war are touched upon several times throughout the novel, with Flashman stating that, after a while, one becomes numb to these things. Do you think that is true? Did Flashman truly become numb? Please support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What was ironic about Flashman's jealousy with Elspeth?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the women in Flashman's life. Answer the question of whether or not they are strong characters. Are they good role models? Why or why not?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)