|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bond do Sonsee-array and Flashman form?
2. Why does George Custer feel that he has been reverted back to prewar rank of lieutenant colonel?
3. When Flashman and Elspeth are in Chicago, what does Elspeth say she wants to see?
4. Who else has bombarded Grant regarding Custer?
5. At the end of Part 1, the Forty Niner, how old does Flashman reveal himself to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Candy reveal herself to be and what does she do with Flashman?
2. Describe George Custer's mind-frame when Flashman meets him again in New York?
3. What does Flashman suspect Elspeth of?
4. How does Flashman flatter himself about Sonsee-array?
5. Why does Flashman admire Candy?
6. How does Yawner instruct Flashman?
7. What do Apaches believe about deceit?
8. Why does Flashman say he is glad that he isn't present for Spotted Tail's rejection of Senator Allison's offer for the Black Hills?
9. Describe the issue that is going on in the Black Hills.
10. How does Flashman describe Chief Mangas Colorado?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Fraser's portrayal of Americans in Flashman the Redskins has anything to do with his own, or the world's views on Americans during the 1970s?
Essay Topic 2
Two women in Flashman and the Redskins both confirm and challenge typical gender roles during the time that this was written: Susie Willinck and Cleonie/Candy. How do each of these women confirm gender roles? How do they challenge them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Flashman and his wife, Elspeth. Would you say that they have a strong relationship? Why or why not? Support your answer with quotes and passages from the book.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)