|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flashman's tribal name shortened to?
2. Why is Sherman indignant at the idea of doing anything to help their "red brothers?"
3. What does Flashman tell Spotted Tail privately while at Camp Robinson?
4. What has gone almost extinct, which dooms the Native American way of life?
5. What does Grant ask Flashman as Flashman is leaving their meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flashman notice about Custer at Fort Lincoln?
2. How does President Grant react when Flashman visits him on behalf of Custer?
3. Describe the conflict between the Native Americans and the U.S. Government as portrayed in the novel.
4. Why does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy want an audience with Flashman?
5. Who is Crazy Horse and what is his attitude towards Americans?
6. Why does Flashman say he is glad that he isn't present for Spotted Tail's rejection of Senator Allison's offer for the Black Hills?
7. How does Flashman flatter himself about Sonsee-array?
8. Why does Flashman think that Spotted Tail is one of the more clever chiefs?
9. Who does Candy reveal herself to be and what does she do with Flashman?
10. Describe the issue that is going on in the Black Hills.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Flashman deserves what Cleonie does to him? Why or why not? Please support your answer from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that George MacDonald Fraser uses stereotypes in Flashman and the Redskins? Why or why not? Please support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the women in Flashman's life. Answer the question of whether or not they are strong characters. Are they good role models? Why or why not?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)