|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Camp Robinson located?
2. What does Flashman consider Chief Mangas Colorado?
3. While the Custers and the Flashmans are spending time together, what does Custer reveal that he longs for?
4. What bond do Sonsee-array and Flashman form?
5. When Flashman and Elspeth are in Chicago, what does Elspeth say she wants to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Crazy Horse and what is his attitude towards Americans?
2. Why does Flashman think that Spotted Tail is one of the more clever chiefs?
3. How does Candy act strangely after having slept with Flashman? Why is it strange?
4. Why does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy want an audience with Flashman?
5. Why does Flashman say he is glad that he isn't present for Spotted Tail's rejection of Senator Allison's offer for the Black Hills?
6. How does Yawner instruct Flashman?
7. Describe how Flashman is injured.
8. Describe George Custer's mind-frame when Flashman meets him again in New York?
9. What does Sonsee-array insist about Flashman?
10. What sort of show does Spotted Tail take the Flashmans to.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that George MacDonald Fraser uses stereotypes in Flashman and the Redskins? Why or why not? Please support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Flashman deserves what Cleonie does to him? Why or why not? Please support your answer from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What was ironic about Flashman's jealousy with Elspeth?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)