|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geronimo introduce Flashman to?
2. What does Flashman tell Spotted Tail privately while at Camp Robinson?
3. What does Flashman think about negotiations with Sen. Allison?
4. What does Flashman lament upon seeing this woman in the restaurant in Washington D.C.?
5. Why does Flashman travel to the White House?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman flatter himself about Sonsee-array?
2. Who is Crazy Horse and what is his attitude towards Americans?
3. What do Apaches believe about deceit?
4. Describe the issue that is going on in the Black Hills.
5. What does Sonsee-array insist about Flashman?
6. How does Yawner instruct Flashman?
7. Why does Flashman think that Spotted Tail is one of the more clever chiefs?
8. Describe why Flashman is spared a gruesome death like the other scalp-hunters.
9. Why does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy want an audience with Flashman?
10. How does Flashman describe Chief Mangas Colorado?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Flashman deserves what Cleonie does to him? Why or why not? Please support your answer from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The ethics of war are touched upon several times throughout the novel, with Flashman stating that, after a while, one becomes numb to these things. Do you think that is true? Did Flashman truly become numb? Please support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Harry Flashman represents an archetype? Discuss why or why not and use examples from the novel to back up your opinion.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)