|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rejoins the caravan after the battle at Fort Bent is over?
2. What does Susie ultimately decide to do after reaching Santa Fe?
3. Who gets Flashman the job with Captain Spring?
4. How does Susie's method of getting rid of Spring sit with Flashman?
5. What name does Peter Omohundro call Flashman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman persuade Wootton to let him act as if he is commanding the caravan?
2. Why does Flashman say that the first few days on the trail are an illusion?
3. How does Flashman describe Wootton?
4. What did the papers contain that Flashman was hiding from Captain Spring?
5. Describe how Flashman betrays Cleonie.
6. Explain why Peter Omohundro has been after Flashman.
7. Why does Susie decide to stay and set her business up in Santa Fe?
8. Why was Flashman hiding these papers from Captain Spring?
9. How does Flashman say that he spent most of his time in the west?
10. Why is Flashman nervous when he realizes that Grattan Nugent-Hare served in the British Army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the women in Flashman's life. Answer the question of whether or not they are strong characters. Are they good role models? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Two women in Flashman and the Redskins both confirm and challenge typical gender roles during the time that this was written: Susie Willinck and Cleonie/Candy. How do each of these women confirm gender roles? How do they challenge them?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Flashman deserves what Cleonie does to him? Why or why not? Please support your answer from the text.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)