|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second of Susie's girls that Flashman sleeps with?
2. What do these other caravans consist of?
3. How does Susie's method of getting rid of Spring sit with Flashman?
4. How does Susie threaten her girls?
5. What does Flashman do that leads to rebellion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Flashman enjoys the frontier alone.
2. What request does Cleonie startle Flashman with?
3. Why does Flashman say that the first few days on the trail are an illusion?
4. What does Colonel Owens outfit Susie's caravan with?
5. Why is Flashman nervous when he realizes that Grattan Nugent-Hare served in the British Army?
6. Describe Flashman's first experience with the Native Americans.
7. Explain why Peter Omohundro has been after Flashman.
8. How does Flashman persuade Wootton to let him act as if he is commanding the caravan?
9. What difference does Flashman notice about the "Oregoners" compared to those people who are bound for California?
10. How does Flashman attempt to persuade the pompous professor of his own expertise in the matter of the Native Americans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Flashman have a moral compass? Why or why not? Support your answer from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Two women in Flashman and the Redskins both confirm and challenge typical gender roles during the time that this was written: Susie Willinck and Cleonie/Candy. How do each of these women confirm gender roles? How do they challenge them?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Flashman and the Redskins could be considered a satire? Why or why not? Support your answer.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)