|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Fort Mann, what sickness are the Native American's suffering from?
2. Which of Susie's girls does Flashman notice in particular?
3. What does Flashman do to make himself cry?
4. How does Susie threaten her girls?
5. Why do Gallantin's men kill two of their own men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Flashman's first experience with the Native Americans.
2. Describe how Flashman betrays Cleonie.
3. Why does Susie get in a huff when Colonel Owen tries to induce Wootton to "command" their caravan?
4. How does Flashman attempt to persuade the pompous professor of his own expertise in the matter of the Native Americans?
5. How does Flashman say that he spent most of his time in the west?
6. How does Flashman persuade Wootton to let him act as if he is commanding the caravan?
7. Why does Flashman get a little nervous after hearing of his father-in-law's death?
8. What did the papers contain that Flashman was hiding from Captain Spring?
9. What difference does Flashman notice about the "Oregoners" compared to those people who are bound for California?
10. When Flashman and Grattan Nugent-Hare meet again, what does Nugent-Hare enlighten Flashman with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Fraser's portrayal of Americans in Flashman the Redskins has anything to do with his own, or the world's views on Americans during the 1970s?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Harry Flashman represents an archetype? Discuss why or why not and use examples from the novel to back up your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that George MacDonald Fraser uses stereotypes in Flashman and the Redskins? Why or why not? Please support your answer.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)