|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy want with Flashman?
(a) She wants to know if he knows Otto von Bismarck.
(b) She wants to introduce him to her husband.
(c) She wants him to endorse her business.
(d) She wants to sleep with him.
2. What does Flashman lament upon seeing this woman in the restaurant in Washington D.C.?
(a) That she is what Elspeth used to look like.
(b) That she reminds him of Ko Dali's daughter.
(c) That she is married.
(d) That their ships are passing and they won't ever meet.
3. Who is the woman that Flashman saved from Nugent-Hare?
(a) The wife of Chief Mangas Colorado.
(b) She was a peasant.
(c) The daughter of Chief Mangas Colorado.
(d) The daughter of John Gallantin.
4. What does Grant ask Flashman as Flashman is leaving their meeting?
(a) He asks if Flashman would like to return to England.
(b) He asks if Flashman is happy in the United States.
(c) He asks if he is the character in Tom Brown's School days.
(d) He asks if Flashman thinks Grant is doing a good job.
5. What is Flashman's tribal name shortened to?
(a) "He Who Rings Bells."
(b) "Hell Breaker."
(c) "Wind Breaker."
(d) "White Rider Who Saves Women."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each side, the Native Americans and the U.S. Army, accuse each other of?
2. Why is Flashman spared from being flayed and burned at the stake after the raid?
3. What is Flashman's opinion of the Apache's the longer he lives with them?
4. Where is Camp Robinson located?
5. What opportunity does General Crook miss regarding the Native Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman describe Chief Mangas Colorado?
2. How does Yawner instruct Flashman?
3. What does Flashman suspect Elspeth of?
4. What do Apaches believe about deceit?
5. Who does Candy reveal herself to be and what does she do with Flashman?
6. How does Flashman flatter himself about Sonsee-array?
7. What sort of show does Spotted Tail take the Flashmans to.
8. Describe how Flashman is injured.
9. Why does Grant ask Flashman to advise Senator Allison's commission?
10. Describe why Flashman is spared a gruesome death like the other scalp-hunters.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)