|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opportunity does General Crook miss regarding the Native Americans?
(a) He misses a chance to capture Crazy Horse.
(b) He misses the chance to see Flashman.
(c) He misses the train westward for a meeting.
(d) He misses a chance to caputre Spotted Tail.
2. Who is the hunter that accompanies Flashman to Fort Laramie?
(a) Kit Carson.
(d) Davy Crockett.
3. Why is Elspeth to blame for the second American adventure for Flashman?
(a) Because she developed a middle-aged wanderlust.
(b) Because she insisted on sending their son to America for his education.
(c) Because she told him to go back to the U.S. and find gold.
(d) Because she ran off with another man and Flashman followed them to the U.S.
4. In Part 2, what does Flashman say is beginning to anger even the most peaceful of Native Americans?
(a) Cheating by agents.
(c) American values.
5. Why is Sherman indignant at the idea of doing anything to help their "red brothers?"
(a) Because he can't speak their language.
(b) Because his wife ran off with a Native American.
(c) Because they continue their violence and refuse to live on the reservations.
(d) Because he can't be bothered to lift a finger for anyone but himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Vasco?
2. While the Custers and the Flashmans are spending time together, what does Custer reveal that he longs for?
3. What does Flashman tell Spotted Tail privately while at Camp Robinson?
4. Where does Spotted Tail say he learned English?
5. What does Geronimo introduce Flashman to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grant ask Flashman to advise Senator Allison's commission?
2. Describe Flashman's escape from the Apaches.
3. Describe why Flashman is spared a gruesome death like the other scalp-hunters.
4. Who is Crazy Horse and what is his attitude towards Americans?
5. Why does Flashman think that Spotted Tail is one of the more clever chiefs?
6. Describe the conflict between the Native Americans and the U.S. Government as portrayed in the novel.
7. How does President Grant react when Flashman visits him on behalf of Custer?
8. How does Yawner instruct Flashman?
9. Describe how Flashman is injured.
10. Why does Flashman admire Candy?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)