|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Part 2?
(a) The Seventy-Sixer.
(b) The Twenty-Niner.
(c) The Forty-Niner.
(d) The Fifty-Sixer.
2. Why does George Custer feel that he has been reverted back to prewar rank of lieutenant colonel?
(a) Because he didn't do a great job as a general.
(b) Because President Grant dislikes him.
(c) Because the war is over.
(d) Because he didn't want to be in a battle any longer.
3. What does Grant ask Flashman as Flashman is leaving their meeting?
(a) He asks if Flashman thinks Grant is doing a good job.
(b) He asks if Flashman would like to return to England.
(c) He asks if Flashman is happy in the United States.
(d) He asks if he is the character in Tom Brown's School days.
4. What does Flashman tell Maxwell and Kit Carson after Flashman is shot?
(a) He doesn't say much of anything because he is delirious.
(b) He lies to them about his adventures with the Apaches.
(c) He tells them he wants to go home to England.
(d) The truth about his adventures with Gallantin and the Apaches.
5. What does Flashman lament upon seeing this woman in the restaurant in Washington D.C.?
(a) That their ships are passing and they won't ever meet.
(b) That she is married.
(c) That she is what Elspeth used to look like.
(d) That she reminds him of Ko Dali's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flashman betray the Apache?
2. What ultimately happens to Vasco?
3. When Flashman and Elspeth are in Chicago, what does Elspeth say she wants to see?
4. What retainer does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy try to give Flashman for his services?
5. Where is Camp Robinson located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Flashman is spared a gruesome death like the other scalp-hunters.
2. Who is Crazy Horse and what is his attitude towards Americans?
3. What does Sonsee-array insist about Flashman?
4. How does Flashman describe Chief Mangas Colorado?
5. Describe how Flashman is injured.
6. Why does Flashman blame Elspeth for this second trip to the United States?
7. How does Yawner instruct Flashman?
8. What do Apaches believe about deceit?
9. Describe Flashman's escape from the Apaches.
10. Why does Flashman admire Candy?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)