|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Captain Spring often quote literature and the Bible in?
2. At Fort Mann, what sickness are the Native American's suffering from?
(a) Small Pox.
(c) Food poisoning.
3. Where does Wootton finally lead the party?
(b) Council Grove.
(c) Santa Fe.
4. Upon closer inspection of Bent's Fort, what do Flashman and his party find?
(a) That it is rigged to explode with a single spark.
(b) That it is very eerie.
(c) That it's so nice they'd like to stay there for a while.
(d) That it's crawling with cockroaches.
5. What part of Gallantin's raid does Flashman not take part in?
(a) He doesn't fire a single shot.
(b) He doesn't kill any women or children.
(c) He doesn't scalp any victims.
(d) He doesn't take part in the gang rape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susie hire Grattan Nugent-Hare for?
2. Which of Susie's girls does Flashman notice in particular?
3. Three days into the journey west, what two trails diverge?
4. Which Native American tribe does Flashman fear the most?
5. What does Nugent-Hare reveal to Flashman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Flashman enjoys the frontier alone.
2. How does Flashman persuade Wootton to let him act as if he is commanding the caravan?
3. Why does Flashman feel momentarily sorry for Peter Omohundro?
4. Why was Flashman hiding these papers from Captain Spring?
5. When Flashman and Grattan Nugent-Hare meet again, what does Nugent-Hare enlighten Flashman with?
6. What difference does Flashman notice about the "Oregoners" compared to those people who are bound for California?
7. Why does Susie get in a huff when Colonel Owen tries to induce Wootton to "command" their caravan?
8. How does Flashman say that he spent most of his time in the west?
9. Describe Susie's whore house when Flashman and Spring show up to hide there.
10. Describe why Flashman is a little nervous to be going to St. Louis.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)