|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susie hire Grattan Nugent-Hare for?
(a) She doesn't hire him, she dismisses him.
(b) Her personal assistant.
(d) Her personal body guard.
2. What name does Susie know Flashman as?
(a) Harry Comber.
(c) Beauchamp Comber.
(d) Harry Flashman.
3. What does Cleonie ask Flashman after they've had sex during siesta?
(a) She asks if Flashman will divorce Susie and marry her.
(b) She asks Flashman if he has any children.
(c) She asks if Flashman loves her.
(d) She asks him to take her with him when he abandons Susie.
4. What does Grattan Nugent-Hare do after he is hired?
(a) He sleeps with Cleonie.
(b) He sleeps with Susie.
(c) He steals $2,000 from Susie and leaves.
(d) He is thankful and is very diligent at his job.
5. How does Nugent-Hare consider getting even with Flashman?
(a) He considers killing him and making it look like an accident.
(b) He considers telling Susie who the real Flashman is.
(c) He considers going back to Susie and taking over as man of the house.
(d) He considers injuring him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susie threaten her girls?
2. Who greets Flashman after the citadel explodes?
3. After the raid with Gallantin's men, how does Flashman deal with his "designated" woman?
4. Who rejoins the caravan after the battle at Fort Bent is over?
5. When the two best guides aren't available to take the party across the prairie, who does Susie deem worthy to lead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flashman get in a huff in the first chapter?
2. Why does Susie get in a huff when Colonel Owen tries to induce Wootton to "command" their caravan?
3. Why does Flashman get a little nervous after hearing of his father-in-law's death?
4. How does Susie get around selling any of her girls to prospective buyers?
5. How does Flashman describe Wootton?
6. What difference does Flashman notice about the "Oregoners" compared to those people who are bound for California?
7. Why does Flashman feel momentarily sorry for Peter Omohundro?
8. Describe how Flashman betrays Cleonie.
9. Describe why Flashman is a little nervous to be going to St. Louis.
10. Why is Flashman nervous when he realizes that Grattan Nugent-Hare served in the British Army?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)