|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't the girls tell Susie about Flashman's infidelity?
(a) Because they don't really care.
(b) Because they are afriad of getting sold.
(c) Because they don't want to hurt Susie.
(d) Because they all want to please Flashman.
2. How does Susie's business fare in the new city that she has chosen to set up shop in?
(a) It's going okay, but not great.
(b) Terribly, she contemplates going on to California.
(c) Terribly, she contemplates going back to New Orleans.
(d) Extremely well. It was a good decision to stay.
3. How does Flashman react to Susie's solution to get him out of New Orleans?
(a) He is surprised, but also angry at Susie for deceiving him.
(b) He tries to escape from Susie's.
(c) He is surprised, but he's also happy to be with Susie.
(d) He is surprised, but feins awe and love.
4. What does Grattan Nugent-Hare do after he is hired?
(a) He sleeps with Susie.
(b) He steals $2,000 from Susie and leaves.
(c) He is thankful and is very diligent at his job.
(d) He sleeps with Cleonie.
5. How many other caravans does Flashman's caravan eventually join?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Flashman begin to learn while riding with Wootton?
2. What language does Flashman state he never learned to speak properly?
3. What does Flashman learn about the group that rebelled?
4. What else, besides sickness, worried Flashman about being in St. Louis?
5. Which of Susie's girls does Flashman sleep with first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colonel Owens outfit Susie's caravan with?
2. How does Flashman describe Wootton?
3. Describe Flashman's first experience with the Native Americans.
4. How does Flashman persuade Wootton to let him act as if he is commanding the caravan?
5. Describe Susie's plan to get Flashman safely out of New Orleans.
6. Describe how Flashman betrays Cleonie.
7. What happens when Susie hires Grattan Nugent-Hare for security in Santa Fe?
8. How does Flashman attempt to persuade the pompous professor of his own expertise in the matter of the Native Americans?
9. How does Susie get around selling any of her girls to prospective buyers?
10. What request does Cleonie startle Flashman with?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)