|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Susie's girls' reputation is out, what do potential suitors begin to do?
(a) They start to fall in love with the girls they are with.
(b) They begin to see that they don't like this business.
(c) They grow bored with the girls.
(d) Many rich men come forward and offer to buy them outright.
2. What does Flashman say he has always been good with?
3. What else, besides sickness, worried Flashman about being in St. Louis?
(a) There was a reward for his arrest in St. Louis a few weeks prior.
(b) He is worried about running into Capatin Spring.
(c) He is worried Susie will find out what his real name is.
(d) He is worried that they won't have enough money to go west.
4. How does the author begin Flashman and the Redskins?
(a) In the middle of a love scene.
(b) With an introduction.
(c) With Chapter 1.
(d) In the middle of a battle scene.
5. As Flashman and Wootton are eating buffalo, what frightens Flashman?
(a) They see a Native American war party.
(b) Nothing, Flashman remains blissfully ignorant.
(c) Three Native Americans who sneak up on them.
(d) Wootton frightens Flashman a bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other caravans does Flashman's caravan eventually join?
2. What does Flashman say he can feel aboard the steamship?
3. What does Flashman learn about the group that rebelled?
4. What begins to drive Flashman crazy while on the trip?
5. How does Flashman react to Susie's solution to get him out of New Orleans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flashman say that the first few days on the trail are an illusion?
2. How does Flashman describe Wootton?
3. Describe Susie's whore house when Flashman and Spring show up to hide there.
4. Why does Flashman get a little nervous after hearing of his father-in-law's death?
5. Why does Flashman feel momentarily sorry for Peter Omohundro?
6. Describe Susie's plan to get Flashman safely out of New Orleans.
7. What happens when Susie hires Grattan Nugent-Hare for security in Santa Fe?
8. Why does Susie decide to stay and set her business up in Santa Fe?
9. Describe why Flashman is a little nervous to be going to St. Louis.
10. What difference does Flashman notice about the "Oregoners" compared to those people who are bound for California?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)