|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman lament upon seeing this woman in the restaurant in Washington D.C.?
(a) That she is what Elspeth used to look like.
(b) That their ships are passing and they won't ever meet.
(c) That she is married.
(d) That she reminds him of Ko Dali's daughter.
2. What does Flashman consider Chief Mangas Colorado?
(a) A fine psychologist and politician.
(b) A psychopath.
(c) A bit slow, but nice enough.
(d) A blood-thirsty tyrant.
3. Who else has bombarded Grant regarding Custer?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) Sherman and Sheridan.
4. What does Flashman hear once Candy has returned to her cabin after they are intimate?
5. Before Carson and Flashman part ways, what does Carson tell Flashman about Wootton?
(a) Carson tells Flashman that Wootton has died.
(b) Carson tells Flashman that Wootton and Susie have gotten married.
(c) Carson tells Flashman that Wootton is looking for him to collect the extra $100.00 a week he is owed.
(d) That Wootton suspects that he is Comber, who is a bigamist with a price on his head.
6. Who is Flashman amazed to meet during dinner at the Grand Pacific?
(d) Spotted Tail.
7. What does the U.S. government order the Sioux to do before February?
(a) It orders them to the agencies.
(b) It orders them to mine the land for gold.
(c) It orders them to become Christians.
(d) It orders them to move west.
8. What happens to Flashman's shoulder after he is shot?
(a) It's only a surface wound.
(b) It's really sore.
(c) It's paralyzed.
(d) It's barely grazed.
9. What does Sonsee-array's spurned suitor issue to Flashman?
(a) A challenge for her hand in marraige.
(b) A warning that Flashman better stay away from Sonsee-array.
(c) A broken gun.
(d) A dull knife.
10. What type of show does Spotted Tail take Elspeth and Flashman to after their dinner?
(a) A burlesque show.
(b) A melodrama.
(c) A ballet.
(d) A musical.
11. What retainer does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy try to give Flashman for his services?
12. Why does George Custer feel that he has been reverted back to prewar rank of lieutenant colonel?
(a) Because the war is over.
(b) Because President Grant dislikes him.
(c) Because he didn't do a great job as a general.
(d) Because he didn't want to be in a battle any longer.
13. Who is the hunter that accompanies Flashman to Fort Laramie?
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) Kit Carson.
14. While the Custers and the Flashmans are spending lots of time together, what does Custer lament to Flashman?
(a) That he hasn't had as many opportunities as Flashman.
(b) That he thinks his wife is having an affair.
(c) That the war is over and he misses the fighting.
(d) That the President hates him.
15. What do the Apache's shoot Flashman with?
(a) A knife.
(b) An poison arrow.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A pellet gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Flashman glad that he's not present for Spotted Tail's formal rejection of Allison's offer?
2. What does Candy tell Flashman that the "B" in her name stands for?
3. How does Flashman betray the Apache?
4. Why is Sherman indignant at the idea of doing anything to help their "red brothers?"
5. What is Spotted Tail blunt about while at Camp Robinson?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)