|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of show does Spotted Tail take Elspeth and Flashman to after their dinner?
(a) A melodrama.
(b) A ballet.
(c) A musical.
(d) A burlesque show.
2. Who is Elspeth instantly taken with at the Grand Pacific?
(b) President Grant.
(c) General Sherman.
(d) Spotted Tail.
3. What does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy want with Flashman?
(a) She wants to know if he knows Otto von Bismarck.
(b) She wants to sleep with him.
(c) She wants to introduce him to her husband.
(d) She wants him to endorse her business.
4. What does Flashman lament upon seeing this woman in the restaurant in Washington D.C.?
(a) That she reminds him of Ko Dali's daughter.
(b) That she is married.
(c) That their ships are passing and they won't ever meet.
(d) That she is what Elspeth used to look like.
5. What does Flashman find out that Apaches believe?
(a) That deceit is a virtue.
(b) That they are always right.
(c) That they are gods.
(d) That they want peace.
6. What does Flashman tell Maxwell and Kit Carson after Flashman is shot?
(a) He doesn't say much of anything because he is delirious.
(b) He tells them he wants to go home to England.
(c) He lies to them about his adventures with the Apaches.
(d) The truth about his adventures with Gallantin and the Apaches.
7. What does each side, the Native Americans and the U.S. Army, accuse each other of?
(b) Stealing food.
(c) Bad faith.
8. When Flashman goes to President Grant on Custer's behalf, how does Grant put Flashman in his place?
(a) Grant tells Flashman that he is going to put Custer in prison.
(b) Grant tells Flashman that he does not need the council of an Englishman.
(c) Grant tells Flashman that Custer is none of Flashman's busniess.
(d) Grant tells Flashman that he has slept with Elspeth.
9. Who does Flashman accompany westward after his meeting with Candy?
(a) General Crook.
(c) General Custer.
(d) General Terry.
10. Who is Flashman amazed to meet during dinner at the Grand Pacific?
(c) Spotted Tail.
11. What is the woman that Flashman notices in the restaurant in Washington D.C. wearing that does not detract from her beauty?
(a) A bonnet.
(b) An eye patch.
(c) Men's trousers.
(d) An ill-fitting dress.
12. Why does President Grant ask Flashman to advise Sen. Allison's commission?
(a) Because Flashman is his last hope.
(b) Because Elspeth mentions that Flashman is an expert on Native Americans and friends with Spotted Tail.
(c) Because he is quite taken with Elspeth and wants to get Flashman out of the picture.
(d) Because he takes a liking to Flashman.
13. What year in history is Part 2 set?
14. What is Flashman's opinion of the Apache's the longer he lives with them?
(a) He likes living with the freedom that they have.
(b) He thinks they are "monsters."
(c) He thinks they are actually very peaceful people.
(d) He softens to their way of life.
15. Before Carson and Flashman part ways, what does Carson tell Flashman about Wootton?
(a) That Wootton suspects that he is Comber, who is a bigamist with a price on his head.
(b) Carson tells Flashman that Wootton is looking for him to collect the extra $100.00 a week he is owed.
(c) Carson tells Flashman that Wootton and Susie have gotten married.
(d) Carson tells Flashman that Wootton has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What retainer does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy try to give Flashman for his services?
2. Who is the hunter that accompanies Flashman to Fort Laramie?
3. Who does Flashman receive an invitation from upon returning to his hotel?
4. When Flashman and Elspeth are in Chicago, what does Elspeth say she wants to see?
5. What makes compliance with the government's order impossible?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)