|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candy tell Flashman that the "B" in her name stands for?
(a) "Bold" because she is not afraid to stand up for herself.
(b) "Beautiful" which Flashman agrees to.
(c) "Brave" because she is very brave.
(d) "Business" during working hours.
2. Who does Candy reveal herself to be?
3. What opportunity does General Crook miss regarding the Native Americans?
(a) He misses a chance to caputre Spotted Tail.
(b) He misses the train westward for a meeting.
(c) He misses a chance to capture Crazy Horse.
(d) He misses the chance to see Flashman.
4. What does each side, the Native Americans and the U.S. Army, accuse each other of?
(c) Bad faith.
(d) Stealing food.
5. What does Elspeth get involved with that delays the Flashmans from sailing to England?
(a) The World Cup.
(b) The New York Independence Day Foundation.
(c) The World's Fair.
(d) The Philidelphia Exposition.
6. After Flashman betrays the Apache in battle, what does he do?
(a) He rides on the Jornada Del Muerto all night without any food or water.
(b) He panics and asks Sonsee-array to forgive him.
(c) He panics and hides in some nearby caves.
(d) He tries to commit suicide.
7. Who does Flashman receive an invitation from upon returning to his hotel?
(a) From Elspeth who has a romantic dinner planned.
(b) From Custer requesting a meeting.
(c) The directors of the Upper Missouri Development Corporation.
(d) From Grant requesting an autograph.
8. What does Flashman hear once Candy has returned to her cabin after they are intimate?
9. Who is the hunter that accompanies Flashman to Fort Laramie?
(a) Kit Carson.
(c) Davy Crockett.
10. What ultimately happens to Vasco?
(a) Yawner kills him before he can kill Flashman.
(b) He eventually wins Sonsee-array over.
(c) He is banised from the tribe.
(d) He is bitten by a rattlesnake.
11. Who does Flashman accompany westward after his meeting with Candy?
(b) General Crook.
(c) General Custer.
(d) General Terry.
12. Why does George Custer feel that he has been reverted back to prewar rank of lieutenant colonel?
(a) Because he didn't do a great job as a general.
(b) Because the war is over.
(c) Because he didn't want to be in a battle any longer.
(d) Because President Grant dislikes him.
13. At the end of Part 1, the Forty Niner, how old does Flashman reveal himself to be?
14. What does Flashman tell Maxwell and Kit Carson after Flashman is shot?
(a) He tells them he wants to go home to England.
(b) He lies to them about his adventures with the Apaches.
(c) The truth about his adventures with Gallantin and the Apaches.
(d) He doesn't say much of anything because he is delirious.
15. Why does President Grant ask Flashman to advise Sen. Allison's commission?
(a) Because Elspeth mentions that Flashman is an expert on Native Americans and friends with Spotted Tail.
(b) Because Flashman is his last hope.
(c) Because he is quite taken with Elspeth and wants to get Flashman out of the picture.
(d) Because he takes a liking to Flashman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flashman's opinion of the Apache's the longer he lives with them?
2. What does Flashman suspect Elspeth of doing while they are at Camp Robinson?
3. Where does Spotted Tail say he learned English?
4. While the Custers and the Flashmans are spending time together, what does Custer reveal that he longs for?
5. What has gone almost extinct, which dooms the Native American way of life?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)