|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman that Flashman notices in the restaurant in Washington D.C. wearing that does not detract from her beauty?
(a) An eye patch.
(b) An ill-fitting dress.
(c) A bonnet.
(d) Men's trousers.
2. What famous Native American did Little Curly become?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(d) Spotted Tail.
3. At Fort Lincoln, what does Flashman admire about Custer?
(a) The way his troops love him.
(b) The way he drills his troops.
(c) He admires how merciful Custer is.
(d) He admires how popular Custer is.
4. What does Flashman note about the "violence" of the Native Americans at Philip Sheridan's wedding?
(a) That only a handful are truly hostile.
(b) He recounts a tale or two from the "Forty-Niner."
(c) That they are all actually very peaceful.
(d) That they are all violent.
5. When Flashman goes to President Grant on Custer's behalf, how does Grant put Flashman in his place?
(a) Grant tells Flashman that Custer is none of Flashman's busniess.
(b) Grant tells Flashman that he does not need the council of an Englishman.
(c) Grant tells Flashman that he has slept with Elspeth.
(d) Grant tells Flashman that he is going to put Custer in prison.
6. Who does Flashman accompany westward after his meeting with Candy?
(a) General Crook.
(b) General Terry.
(c) General Custer.
7. Where does Flashman first meet and talk with high-placed men from the Grant Administration (Sherman, Pope and Cook)?
(a) In Chicago at Philip Sheridan's wedding.
(b) At the White House.
(c) In London at the Parliament.
(d) At the Alamo.
8. Who is the hunter that accompanies Flashman to Fort Laramie?
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Davy Crockett.
9. What does Grant ask Flashman as Flashman is leaving their meeting?
(a) He asks if he is the character in Tom Brown's School days.
(b) He asks if Flashman thinks Grant is doing a good job.
(c) He asks if Flashman would like to return to England.
(d) He asks if Flashman is happy in the United States.
10. When Flashman and Elspeth are in Chicago, what does Elspeth say she wants to see?
(a) The Native Americans in their natural surroundings.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Statue of Liberty.
11. While the Custers and the Flashmans are spending time together, what does Custer reveal that he longs for?
(a) Custer longs for peace.
(b) Custer longs for another war so he can lead a campaign.
(c) Custer longs to go out west.
(d) Custer longs to go to England.
12. After Flashman is shot, who is his rescuer?
(d) Kit Carson.
13. Why is Elspeth to blame for the second American adventure for Flashman?
(a) Because she developed a middle-aged wanderlust.
(b) Because she ran off with another man and Flashman followed them to the U.S.
(c) Because she told him to go back to the U.S. and find gold.
(d) Because she insisted on sending their son to America for his education.
14. How much money does Spotted Tail demand from Sen. Allison?
(a) $25 million.
(b) $40 million.
(c) $76 million.
(d) $6 million.
15. Why does Flashman travel to the White House?
(a) To speak with Grant on behalf of the Sioux.
(b) To speak with Grant regarding going home to England.
(c) To speak with Grant about Spotted Tail.
(d) To speak with Grant about Custer.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Custers and the Flashmans are spending lots of time together, what does Custer lament to Flashman?
2. What ultimately happens to Vasco?
3. What does Flashman hear once Candy has returned to her cabin after they are intimate?
4. What does Candy do with Flashman?
5. What is Spotted Tail blunt about while at Camp Robinson?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)