|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flashman betray the Apache?
(a) He shoots one of the Apache who was about to kill an infant.
(b) He tries to kill the chief.
(c) He tries to kill Geronimo.
(d) He cheats on Sonsee-array.
2. What makes compliance with the government's order impossible?
(a) The Souix will fight.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) Wind storms.
3. After leaving the Black Hills, where do the Flashmans return to?
(c) New York.
4. How much money does Spotted Tail demand from Sen. Allison?
(a) $25 million.
(b) $40 million.
(c) $76 million.
(d) $6 million.
5. What does Candy tell Flashman that the "B" in her name stands for?
(a) "Beautiful" which Flashman agrees to.
(b) "Brave" because she is very brave.
(c) "Bold" because she is not afraid to stand up for herself.
(d) "Business" during working hours.
6. What type of show does Spotted Tail take Elspeth and Flashman to after their dinner?
(a) A burlesque show.
(b) A melodrama.
(c) A musical.
(d) A ballet.
7. While the Custers and the Flashmans are spending time together, what does Custer reveal that he longs for?
(a) Custer longs for peace.
(b) Custer longs to go to England.
(c) Custer longs to go out west.
(d) Custer longs for another war so he can lead a campaign.
8. What happens to Flashman's shoulder after he is shot?
(a) It's paralyzed.
(b) It's really sore.
(c) It's only a surface wound.
(d) It's barely grazed.
9. Who does Candy reveal herself to be?
10. Who is Flashman amazed to meet during dinner at the Grand Pacific?
(d) Spotted Tail.
11. Why does Flashman believe that Spotted Tail is a clever Sioux leader?
(a) Because he has accepted that he cannot win against the Americans.
(b) Flashman doesn't think he is clever.
(c) Because he speaks English so well.
(d) Because he is trying to fit in with the Americans.
12. What does Flashman call Geronimo?
13. Why does George Custer feel that he has been reverted back to prewar rank of lieutenant colonel?
(a) Because President Grant dislikes him.
(b) Because he didn't do a great job as a general.
(c) Because the war is over.
(d) Because he didn't want to be in a battle any longer.
14. What does Flashman suspect Elspeth of doing while they are at Camp Robinson?
(a) Cheating on him with Spotted Tail.
(b) Cheating on him with President Grant.
(c) Trying to poison him.
(d) Cheating on him with Sen. Allison.
15. What does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy want with Flashman?
(a) She wants to know if he knows Otto von Bismarck.
(b) She wants to introduce him to her husband.
(c) She wants him to endorse her business.
(d) She wants to sleep with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hunter that accompanies Flashman to Fort Laramie?
2. What does Flashman hear once Candy has returned to her cabin after they are intimate?
3. What does Flashman tell Carson about dying?
4. What does Geronimo introduce Flashman to?
5. What opportunity does General Crook miss regarding the Native Americans?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)