|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Flashman spared from being flayed and burned at the stake after the raid?
(a) Because he is handsome.
(b) Because he is good at talking his way out of trouble.
(c) Because the woman that he saved from Nugent-Hare is grateful.
(d) Because he was able to escape.
2. In Part 2, what does Flashman say is beginning to anger even the most peaceful of Native Americans?
(a) American values.
(b) Cheating by agents.
3. What bond do Sonsee-array and Flashman form?
(a) They get married.
(b) They run off together.
(c) They can't stand each other.
(d) They are in love.
4. What does Mrs. Arthur B. Candy want with Flashman?
(a) She wants to know if he knows Otto von Bismarck.
(b) She wants him to endorse her business.
(c) She wants to sleep with him.
(d) She wants to introduce him to her husband.
5. Who does Candy reveal herself to be?
6. What does Flashman note about the "violence" of the Native Americans at Philip Sheridan's wedding?
(a) That they are all actually very peaceful.
(b) He recounts a tale or two from the "Forty-Niner."
(c) That they are all violent.
(d) That only a handful are truly hostile.
7. What is Flashman's tribal name shortened to?
(a) "He Who Rings Bells."
(b) "White Rider Who Saves Women."
(c) "Wind Breaker."
(d) "Hell Breaker."
8. While the Custers and the Flashmans are spending time together, what does Custer reveal that he longs for?
(a) Custer longs to go out west.
(b) Custer longs for peace.
(c) Custer longs to go to England.
(d) Custer longs for another war so he can lead a campaign.
9. Why does George Custer feel that he has been reverted back to prewar rank of lieutenant colonel?
(a) Because President Grant dislikes him.
(b) Because he didn't do a great job as a general.
(c) Because the war is over.
(d) Because he didn't want to be in a battle any longer.
10. What does Geronimo introduce Flashman to?
(c) The sweatbath and betothal rituals.
11. What happens to Flashman's shoulder after he is shot?
(a) It's really sore.
(b) It's barely grazed.
(c) It's only a surface wound.
(d) It's paralyzed.
12. How much money does Spotted Tail demand from Sen. Allison?
(a) $25 million.
(b) $6 million.
(c) $40 million.
(d) $76 million.
13. What does Sonsee-array's spurned suitor issue to Flashman?
(a) A broken gun.
(b) A dull knife.
(c) A warning that Flashman better stay away from Sonsee-array.
(d) A challenge for her hand in marraige.
14. What does each side, the Native Americans and the U.S. Army, accuse each other of?
(a) Stealing food.
(c) Bad faith.
15. After leaving the Black Hills, where do the Flashmans return to?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Vasco?
2. What Native American language does Flashman master?
3. Who is the woman that Flashman saved from Nugent-Hare?
4. What year in history is Part 2 set?
5. What does Candy do with Flashman?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)