|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first place that the party heads for?
(a) Council Grove.
(b) The Oregon Trail.
(c) Little Rock.
(d) Santa Fe.
2. What disgusts Flashman after the raid?
(a) That a man assaults a woman in public.
(b) That they are raping their victims.
(c) That they are scalping their vicitims.
(d) That they killed women and children.
3. How many other caravans does Flashman's caravan eventually join?
4. What language does Captain Spring often quote literature and the Bible in?
5. What else, besides sickness, worried Flashman about being in St. Louis?
(a) He is worried about running into Capatin Spring.
(b) He is worried that they won't have enough money to go west.
(c) There was a reward for his arrest in St. Louis a few weeks prior.
(d) He is worried Susie will find out what his real name is.
6. What briefly about Grattan Nugent-Hare scares Flashman?
(a) Grattan pulls a gun on Flashman in order to intimidate him.
(b) Grattan seems like an unstable crazy person.
(c) Grattan served in the British Army at the same time that Flashman did.
(d) Grattan knew Flashman's wife, Elspeth in England.
7. What does Flashman say he can feel aboard the steamship?
(a) The turbulent river.
8. What name does Susie know Flashman as?
(a) Harry Flashman.
(b) Beauchamp Comber.
(d) Harry Comber.
9. Upon closer inspection of Bent's Fort, what do Flashman and his party find?
(a) That it is rigged to explode with a single spark.
(b) That it is very eerie.
(c) That it's so nice they'd like to stay there for a while.
(d) That it's crawling with cockroaches.
10. Who does Wootton introduce Flashman to?
(a) John Wayne.
(c) Spotted Tail, a Sioux.
(d) Wild Bill.
11. Three days into the journey west, what two trails diverge?
(a) The trails don't diverge, they are the same trail.
(b) The Oregon Trail and Route 66.
(c) The Santa Fe and Route 66.
(d) The Santa Fe and the Oregon Trail
12. Shortly after Flashman joins them, who do Gallantin and his men seek revenge on, and for what?
(a) The Souix for raiding a nearby hacienda.
(b) The Apaches for raiding a nearby hacienda.
(c) The Navajo for raiding a nearby hacienda.
(d) The Chumash for raiding a nearby hacienda.
13. What happens to Flashman after the argument in the Traveler's Club?
(a) He decides to go home and sleep it off.
(b) He gets thrown out of the club.
(c) Everyone decides to get another drink and be done with it.
(d) He gets knocked out by an angry mob.
14. What ultimately happens to Nugent-Hare?
(a) He is terrified and runs off.
(b) He wets himself.
(c) He is killed by Flashman with his own blade as they are fighting over a female.
(d) He gets scalped.
15. What does Captain Spring do for a living?
(a) He's a gambler.
(b) He sails yachts for wealthy people.
(c) He's a preacher.
(d) He runs an illegal slaving operation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rejoins the caravan after the battle at Fort Bent is over?
2. What does Cleonie ask Flashman after they've had sex during siesta?
3. What road does Wootton specifically tell Flashman to avoid?
4. How much are they charging for claret at the hotel in St. Louis?
5. How does Susie's business fare in the new city that she has chosen to set up shop in?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)