|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman say he has always been good with?
2. Who is the second of Susie's girls that Flashman sleeps with?
3. Who gets Flashman the job with Captain Spring?
(a) Flashman's uncle.
(b) Flashman's father-in-law.
(c) Captain Spring's daughter.
(d) Captain Spring's wife.
4. What does Flashman do with Cleonie as he is leaving Santa Fe?
(a) He makes her stay with Susie.
(b) He makes arrangements for her to escape slavery.
(c) He takes her away with him.
(d) He sells her to the Native Americans for $2,000.
5. What does Flashman show the men that he is arguing with?
(a) A scar that he got while in a bar fight.
(b) A tattoo of the British flag.
(c) A place on his head where he was "scalped" by a Native American.
(d) A pound with the Queen's picture on it.
6. Once aboard the steamship, what does Flashman notice about the other passengers?
(a) That they are all heading out west to California.
(b) They they are all poor.
(c) That they are all white.
(d) That they are all silent.
7. How does Susie make her girls behave when traveling?
(a) They must all look and act like ladies.
(b) They must all stay inside their cabins at all times.
(c) They must all look and act like prostitutes.
(d) Susie lets them behave however they want.
8. Where does Flashman head to after leaving Santa Fe?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
9. What is the first place that the party heads for?
(a) Council Grove.
(b) Santa Fe.
(c) The Oregon Trail.
(d) Little Rock.
10. What language does Flashman begin to learn while riding with Wootton?
11. How does Nugent-Hare consider getting even with Flashman?
(a) He considers killing him and making it look like an accident.
(b) He considers going back to Susie and taking over as man of the house.
(c) He considers injuring him.
(d) He considers telling Susie who the real Flashman is.
12. How does Susie's business fare in the new city that she has chosen to set up shop in?
(a) Extremely well. It was a good decision to stay.
(b) Terribly, she contemplates going back to New Orleans.
(c) It's going okay, but not great.
(d) Terribly, she contemplates going on to California.
13. What briefly about Grattan Nugent-Hare scares Flashman?
(a) Grattan pulls a gun on Flashman in order to intimidate him.
(b) Grattan seems like an unstable crazy person.
(c) Grattan served in the British Army at the same time that Flashman did.
(d) Grattan knew Flashman's wife, Elspeth in England.
14. After meeting Omohundro, why are Flashman and Spring on the run from the law?
(a) Because bar fighting is illegal.
(b) Because Flashman killed Omohundro.
(c) Because Spring killed Omohundro.
(d) Because they didn't pay for their drinks.
15. What name does Peter Omohundro call Flashman?
(a) Beauchamp Comber.
(b) Harry Flashman.
(d) Captain Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the raid with Gallantin's men, how does Flashman deal with his "designated" woman?
2. Where do Flashman and Spring go for refuge when they become fugitives?
3. When the two best guides aren't available to take the party across the prairie, who does Susie deem worthy to lead?
4. What does Flashman do that leads to rebellion?
5. How does Susie get rid of Captain Spring?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)