|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Native American tribe does Flashman fear the most?
(a) The Cheyenne.
(b) The Navajo.
(c) The Souix.
(d) The Apache.
2. What happens after the caravans come in contact with the stricken natives?
(a) One person in the caravan gets sick.
(b) They are lucky because no one falls ill.
(c) Over half the people in the caravan get sick.
(d) Four people in the caravan get sick.
3. What does Flashman and his party find when they reach Bent's Fort?
(a) That it has been taken over by Native Americans.
(b) That it is abandoned.
(c) That it has been blown up.
(d) That everyone has been killed.
4. What does Flashman learn about the group that rebelled?
(a) No one knows what happened to them.
(b) They perished on the Cimarron Road.
(c) They made it safely to Santa Fe already.
(d) They got lost, but made it back to Council Grove.
5. When the two best guides aren't available to take the party across the prairie, who does Susie deem worthy to lead?
(a) No one.
6. What begins to drive Flashman crazy while on the trip?
(a) The endless prairie.
(b) The Immigrants.
(c) Susie's incessent chatter.
7. What does Flashman show the men that he is arguing with?
(a) A scar that he got while in a bar fight.
(b) A tattoo of the British flag.
(c) A pound with the Queen's picture on it.
(d) A place on his head where he was "scalped" by a Native American.
8. Which of Susie's girls does Flashman sleep with first?
9. What else, besides sickness, worried Flashman about being in St. Louis?
(a) He is worried Susie will find out what his real name is.
(b) He is worried about running into Capatin Spring.
(c) He is worried that they won't have enough money to go west.
(d) There was a reward for his arrest in St. Louis a few weeks prior.
10. Who greets Flashman after the citadel explodes?
(c) Mountain men.
(d) Spotted Tail.
11. Who rejoins the caravan after the battle at Fort Bent is over?
(a) Captain Spring.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(d) The Pittsburg Pirates.
12. How much are they charging for claret at the hotel in St. Louis?
(a) They aren't charging, it is free.
(b) Fifteen dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Five dollars.
13. Who does Wootton introduce Flashman to?
(a) John Wayne.
(c) Wild Bill.
(d) Spotted Tail, a Sioux.
14. How does Flashman describe the people on their way to Oregon?
(a) As optimistic.
(b) As missionaries.
(c) As a serious lot who are farmers.
(d) As hopeless.
15. Who's camp does Flashman enter while riding alone on the prairie?
(a) John Gallantin's camp.
(b) Susie's camp.
(c) Spotted Tail's camp.
(d) Nugen-Hare's camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman do with Cleonie as he is leaving Santa Fe?
2. Why was Omohundro looking for Flashman?
3. Who is the second of Susie's girls that Flashman sleeps with?
4. What road does Wootton specifically tell Flashman to avoid?
5. Three days into the journey west, what two trails diverge?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)