|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flashman earn Wootton's respect?
(a) Flashman shoots and kills a buffalo on the first try.
(b) Wootton knows of Flashman's impressive military history.
(c) Flashman is an honorable man.
(d) Flashman is a very good rider.
2. What road does Wootton specifically tell Flashman to avoid?
(a) The Oregon Trail.
(b) The Apache Road.
(c) The Cimarron Road.
(d) The Sioux Highway.
3. What language does Captain Spring often quote literature and the Bible in?
4. What does Cleonie ask Flashman after they've had sex during siesta?
(a) She asks Flashman if he has any children.
(b) She asks if Flashman will divorce Susie and marry her.
(c) She asks if Flashman loves her.
(d) She asks him to take her with him when he abandons Susie.
5. What happens after the caravans come in contact with the stricken natives?
(a) Four people in the caravan get sick.
(b) Over half the people in the caravan get sick.
(c) One person in the caravan gets sick.
(d) They are lucky because no one falls ill.
6. What does Grattan Nugent-Hare do after he is hired?
(a) He steals $2,000 from Susie and leaves.
(b) He sleeps with Cleonie.
(c) He sleeps with Susie.
(d) He is thankful and is very diligent at his job.
7. Why won't the girls tell Susie about Flashman's infidelity?
(a) Because they don't really care.
(b) Because they don't want to hurt Susie.
(c) Because they all want to please Flashman.
(d) Because they are afriad of getting sold.
8. When the two best guides aren't available to take the party across the prairie, who does Susie deem worthy to lead?
(c) No one.
9. How many other caravans does Flashman's caravan eventually join?
10. How much are they charging for claret at the hotel in St. Louis?
(a) Fifteen dollars.
(b) They aren't charging, it is free.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Five dollars.
11. What is Susie's solution to get Flashman out of New Orleans?
(a) To kidnap him.
(b) To drug him and take him with her.
(c) To ask him to go with her.
(d) To marry him and take him with her.
12. How does the author begin Flashman and the Redskins?
(a) With Chapter 1.
(b) In the middle of a battle scene.
(c) With an introduction.
(d) In the middle of a love scene.
13. After meeting Omohundro, why are Flashman and Spring on the run from the law?
(a) Because Flashman killed Omohundro.
(b) Because Spring killed Omohundro.
(c) Because they didn't pay for their drinks.
(d) Because bar fighting is illegal.
14. Why does Flashman say that in St. Louis, you don't dare drink anything besides claret?
(a) Because of cholera.
(b) Because of small pox.
(c) Because in St. Louis, you want to be drunk all the time.
(d) Because of malaria.
15. Who does Flashman learn are Susie's spies?
(a) Marie and Cleonie.
(b) Marie and Aphrodite.
(c) Aphrodite and Cleonie.
(d) Stephanie and Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, The Forty-Niner, how old does Flashman say that he is while writing the memoir?
2. Three days into the journey west, what two trails diverge?
3. At Fort Mann, what sickness are the Native American's suffering from?
4. What does Susie ultimately decide to do after reaching Santa Fe?
5. What begins to drive Flashman crazy while on the trip?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)