|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's camp does Flashman enter while riding alone on the prairie?
(a) John Gallantin's camp.
(b) Susie's camp.
(c) Spotted Tail's camp.
(d) Nugen-Hare's camp.
2. What does Nugent-Hare reveal to Flashman?
(a) That he'd known who Flashman was all along.
(b) That he was in love with Susie.
(c) That he'd been having an affair with Susie since Council Grove.
(d) That his name isn't really Nugent-Hare.
3. What is the argument in the Traveler's Club about?
(a) The Underground Railroad.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The fact that they wouldn't serve Flashman another drink.
(d) The United States ill-treatment of the Native Americans.
4. Where is Flashman and his party headed once they board the smaller boat?
5. How does Flashman describe the people on their way to Oregon?
(a) As missionaries.
(b) As hopeless.
(c) As a serious lot who are farmers.
(d) As optimistic.
6. Why do Gallantin's men kill two of their own men?
(a) Because they balked at the idea of scalping.
(b) Because they were traitors.
(c) Because they were weak.
(d) Because they were sympathetic to the Native Americans.
7. How much are they charging for claret at the hotel in St. Louis?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) They aren't charging, it is free.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
8. After meeting Omohundro, why are Flashman and Spring on the run from the law?
(a) Because bar fighting is illegal.
(b) Because Spring killed Omohundro.
(c) Because Flashman killed Omohundro.
(d) Because they didn't pay for their drinks.
9. What does Flashman do with Cleonie as he is leaving Santa Fe?
(a) He sells her to the Native Americans for $2,000.
(b) He makes arrangements for her to escape slavery.
(c) He makes her stay with Susie.
(d) He takes her away with him.
10. What does Susie ultimately decide to do after reaching Santa Fe?
(a) To head back to New Orleans.
(b) She's not sure whether she wants to push forward or not.
(c) To head to San Francisco as soon as possible.
(d) To stay in Santa Fe and set up her business there.
11. How does Flashman react to Susie's solution to get him out of New Orleans?
(a) He is surprised, but feins awe and love.
(b) He tries to escape from Susie's.
(c) He is surprised, but also angry at Susie for deceiving him.
(d) He is surprised, but he's also happy to be with Susie.
12. Where does Wootton finally lead the party?
(c) Council Grove.
(d) Santa Fe.
13. Who does Wootton introduce Flashman to?
(b) Wild Bill.
(c) Spotted Tail, a Sioux.
(d) John Wayne.
14. What does Grattan Nugent-Hare do after he is hired?
(a) He steals $2,000 from Susie and leaves.
(b) He is thankful and is very diligent at his job.
(c) He sleeps with Cleonie.
(d) He sleeps with Susie.
15. How does Susie's method of getting rid of Spring sit with Flashman?
(a) He doesn't really care because he is so in love with Susie.
(b) He feels uneasy about it.
(c) He thinks it's hilarious.
(d) He's just happy to be rid of that latin-speaking hypocrite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Omohundro looking for Flashman?
2. How does Flashman earn Wootton's respect?
3. What does Captain Spring do for a living?
4. Which Native American tribe does Flashman fear the most?
5. Where does the first part of this book take place?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)