|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman do to make himself cry?
(a) He burns himself with a cigar.
(b) He purposefully runs his leg into one of Susie's dressing table pins to elicit pain.
(c) He thinks of Elspeth and his son in England.
(d) He doesn't cry.
2. What do these other caravans consist of?
(a) Immigrants and laborers.
(b) The Pittsburg Pirates and invalids.
(c) Immigrants and invalids.
(d) The Pittsburg Pirates, immigrant families, clerks & laborers and "invalids".
3. Why won't the girls tell Susie about Flashman's infidelity?
(a) Because they all want to please Flashman.
(b) Because they don't really care.
(c) Because they don't want to hurt Susie.
(d) Because they are afriad of getting sold.
4. How does the author begin Flashman and the Redskins?
(a) With Chapter 1.
(b) In the middle of a love scene.
(c) With an introduction.
(d) In the middle of a battle scene.
5. What agreement does Flashman come to with Wootton?
(a) Flashman proposes that Wootton stay behind for an extra $100.
(b) Flashman doesn't come to any agreements with Wootton. They don't talk that much.
(c) Flashman proposes that Wootton takes charge for an extra $100 a week.
(d) Flashman proposes that Wootton let it look like Flashman is in charge for an extra $100 a week.
6. Who does Flashman grow quite fond of and call a "good conversationalist?"
7. After meeting Omohundro, why are Flashman and Spring on the run from the law?
(a) Because Flashman killed Omohundro.
(b) Because bar fighting is illegal.
(c) Because Spring killed Omohundro.
(d) Because they didn't pay for their drinks.
8. When asked if he condoned Washington's treatment of the American Indian, how does Flashman reply?
(a) He says that he definitely condones it.
(b) He says that he doesn't really know anything about it.
(c) He says that not only does he not condone it, he condemns it.
(d) He says that he doesn't condone it, but he doesn't condemn it.
9. Once aboard the steamship, what does Flashman notice about the other passengers?
(a) They they are all poor.
(b) That they are all heading out west to California.
(c) That they are all silent.
(d) That they are all white.
10. What language does Flashman state he never learned to speak properly?
11. What does Grattan Nugent-Hare do after he is hired?
(a) He steals $2,000 from Susie and leaves.
(b) He is thankful and is very diligent at his job.
(c) He sleeps with Cleonie.
(d) He sleeps with Susie.
12. As Flashman and Wootton are eating buffalo, what frightens Flashman?
(a) Three Native Americans who sneak up on them.
(b) They see a Native American war party.
(c) Nothing, Flashman remains blissfully ignorant.
(d) Wootton frightens Flashman a bit.
13. How does Nugent-Hare consider getting even with Flashman?
(a) He considers injuring him.
(b) He considers going back to Susie and taking over as man of the house.
(c) He considers killing him and making it look like an accident.
(d) He considers telling Susie who the real Flashman is.
14. What part of Gallantin's raid does Flashman not take part in?
(a) He doesn't fire a single shot.
(b) He doesn't scalp any victims.
(c) He doesn't kill any women or children.
(d) He doesn't take part in the gang rape.
15. What does Flashman show the men that he is arguing with?
(a) A tattoo of the British flag.
(b) A place on his head where he was "scalped" by a Native American.
(c) A scar that he got while in a bar fight.
(d) A pound with the Queen's picture on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susie get rid of Captain Spring?
2. What road does Wootton specifically tell Flashman to avoid?
3. Who does Flashman confront at the Travelers' Club?
4. At Fort Mann, what sickness are the Native American's suffering from?
5. What does Captain Spring do for a living?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)