|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 The Seventy-Sixer, pgs. 211-249.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What briefly about Grattan Nugent-Hare scares Flashman?
(a) Grattan knew Flashman's wife, Elspeth in England.
(b) Grattan pulls a gun on Flashman in order to intimidate him.
(c) Grattan served in the British Army at the same time that Flashman did.
(d) Grattan seems like an unstable crazy person.
2. Before Carson and Flashman part ways, what does Carson tell Flashman about Wootton?
(a) That Wootton suspects that he is Comber, who is a bigamist with a price on his head.
(b) Carson tells Flashman that Wootton and Susie have gotten married.
(c) Carson tells Flashman that Wootton is looking for him to collect the extra $100.00 a week he is owed.
(d) Carson tells Flashman that Wootton has died.
3. What is Susie's solution to get Flashman out of New Orleans?
(a) To marry him and take him with her.
(b) To drug him and take him with her.
(c) To ask him to go with her.
(d) To kidnap him.
4. Who is the woman that Flashman saved from Nugent-Hare?
(a) The wife of Chief Mangas Colorado.
(b) She was a peasant.
(c) The daughter of John Gallantin.
(d) The daughter of Chief Mangas Colorado.
5. What is the name of Part 2?
(a) The Seventy-Sixer.
(b) The Fifty-Sixer.
(c) The Forty-Niner.
(d) The Twenty-Niner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Native American tribe does Flashman fear the most?
2. How does Susie's method of getting rid of Spring sit with Flashman?
3. After the raid with Gallantin's men, how does Flashman deal with his "designated" woman?
4. When asked if he condoned Washington's treatment of the American Indian, how does Flashman reply?
5. What is Flashman's opinion of the Apache's the longer he lives with them?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)