|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 109-148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the party find out about the trip to California?
(a) That it's going to be a long, brutal trip.
(b) That a drought is making it hard for caravans to get through.
(c) That it's easy going from here on out.
(d) That there isn't enough food to make it the whole way.
2. In Part 1, The Forty-Niner, how old does Flashman say that he is while writing the memoir?
(a) 89 years old.
(b) 101 years old.
(c) He doesn't mention it.
(d) 75 years old.
3. What part of Gallantin's raid does Flashman not take part in?
(a) He doesn't kill any women or children.
(b) He doesn't scalp any victims.
(c) He doesn't fire a single shot.
(d) He doesn't take part in the gang rape.
4. Who does Wootton introduce Flashman to?
(a) Spotted Tail, a Sioux.
(c) John Wayne.
(d) Wild Bill.
5. What briefly about Grattan Nugent-Hare scares Flashman?
(a) Grattan knew Flashman's wife, Elspeth in England.
(b) Grattan served in the British Army at the same time that Flashman did.
(c) Grattan pulls a gun on Flashman in order to intimidate him.
(d) Grattan seems like an unstable crazy person.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susie's business fare in the new city that she has chosen to set up shop in?
2. Who greets Flashman after the citadel explodes?
3. After the raid with Gallantin's men, how does Flashman deal with his "designated" woman?
4. How does Susie make her girls behave when traveling?
5. When the two best guides aren't available to take the party across the prairie, who does Susie deem worthy to lead?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)