|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 109-148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Flashman after the citadel explodes?
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) Mountain men.
2. What briefly about Grattan Nugent-Hare scares Flashman?
(a) Grattan knew Flashman's wife, Elspeth in England.
(b) Grattan pulls a gun on Flashman in order to intimidate him.
(c) Grattan seems like an unstable crazy person.
(d) Grattan served in the British Army at the same time that Flashman did.
3. What does Flashman do that leads to rebellion?
(a) He takes the Cimarron Road.
(b) He lowers the food rations.
(c) He abandons the caravan.
(d) He decides to head back to Council Grove.
4. Who is the Chief-Guard of the expedition?
(b) Grattan Nugent-Hare.
(d) Wild Bill.
5. Where do Flashman and Spring go for refuge when they become fugitives?
(a) They get on the first steamboat out of town.
(b) A whore house.
(c) Another bar.
(d) They hide out in a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to drive Flashman crazy while on the trip?
2. Shortly after Flashman joins them, who do Gallantin and his men seek revenge on, and for what?
3. How does Flashman earn Wootton's respect?
4. After the raid with Gallantin's men, how does Flashman deal with his "designated" woman?
5. What road does Wootton specifically tell Flashman to avoid?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)