|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 109-148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grattan Nugent-Hare do after he is hired?
(a) He is thankful and is very diligent at his job.
(b) He steals $2,000 from Susie and leaves.
(c) He sleeps with Susie.
(d) He sleeps with Cleonie.
2. Three days into the journey west, what two trails diverge?
(a) The Santa Fe and the Oregon Trail
(b) The Santa Fe and Route 66.
(c) The trails don't diverge, they are the same trail.
(d) The Oregon Trail and Route 66.
3. What does Flashman do with Cleonie as he is leaving Santa Fe?
(a) He takes her away with him.
(b) He makes arrangements for her to escape slavery.
(c) He sells her to the Native Americans for $2,000.
(d) He makes her stay with Susie.
4. Where does Wootton finally lead the party?
(b) Council Grove.
(d) Santa Fe.
5. How does Flashman react to Susie's solution to get him out of New Orleans?
(a) He is surprised, but feins awe and love.
(b) He tries to escape from Susie's.
(c) He is surprised, but he's also happy to be with Susie.
(d) He is surprised, but also angry at Susie for deceiving him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author begin Flashman and the Redskins?
2. Who does Flashman learn are Susie's spies?
3. Who rejoins the caravan after the battle at Fort Bent is over?
4. How does Nugent-Hare consider getting even with Flashman?
5. What disgusts Flashman after the raid?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)