|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 109-148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman say he can feel aboard the steamship?
(b) The turbulent river.
2. Upon closer inspection of Bent's Fort, what do Flashman and his party find?
(a) That it is rigged to explode with a single spark.
(b) That it's crawling with cockroaches.
(c) That it's so nice they'd like to stay there for a while.
(d) That it is very eerie.
3. How does Flashman describe the people on their way to Oregon?
(a) As hopeless.
(b) As missionaries.
(c) As a serious lot who are farmers.
(d) As optimistic.
4. After the raid with Gallantin's men, how does Flashman deal with his "designated" woman?
(a) He charms her.
(b) He lets her escape.
(c) He leaves her alone.
(d) He uses force on her.
5. Who does Flashman confront at the Travelers' Club?
(a) Captain Spring.
(b) The bartender.
(c) The doorman.
(d) A pompous anthropologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting Omohundro, why are Flashman and Spring on the run from the law?
2. What happens to Flashman after the argument in the Traveler's Club?
3. What else, besides sickness, worried Flashman about being in St. Louis?
4. How does Susie's business fare in the new city that she has chosen to set up shop in?
5. What happens after the caravans come in contact with the stricken natives?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)