|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 109-148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Nugent-Hare?
(a) He wets himself.
(b) He is terrified and runs off.
(c) He gets scalped.
(d) He is killed by Flashman with his own blade as they are fighting over a female.
2. What does Captain Spring do for a living?
(a) He's a preacher.
(b) He runs an illegal slaving operation.
(c) He's a gambler.
(d) He sails yachts for wealthy people.
3. Who greets Flashman after the citadel explodes?
(a) Mountain men.
(c) Spotted Tail.
4. Where does the first part of this book take place?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
5. Why won't the girls tell Susie about Flashman's infidelity?
(a) Because they are afriad of getting sold.
(b) Because they all want to please Flashman.
(c) Because they don't really care.
(d) Because they don't want to hurt Susie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Flashman the job with Captain Spring?
2. What does Flashman say he can feel aboard the steamship?
3. After meeting Omohundro, why are Flashman and Spring on the run from the law?
4. How does the author begin Flashman and the Redskins?
5. What does Cleonie ask Flashman after they've had sex during siesta?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)