|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 109-148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Native American tribe does Flashman fear the most?
(a) The Souix.
(b) The Apache.
(c) The Cheyenne.
(d) The Navajo.
2. When asked if he condoned Washington's treatment of the American Indian, how does Flashman reply?
(a) He says that not only does he not condone it, he condemns it.
(b) He says that he doesn't really know anything about it.
(c) He says that he definitely condones it.
(d) He says that he doesn't condone it, but he doesn't condemn it.
3. What disgusts Flashman after the raid?
(a) That a man assaults a woman in public.
(b) That they are raping their victims.
(c) That they are scalping their vicitims.
(d) That they killed women and children.
4. What else, besides sickness, worried Flashman about being in St. Louis?
(a) He is worried about running into Capatin Spring.
(b) There was a reward for his arrest in St. Louis a few weeks prior.
(c) He is worried Susie will find out what his real name is.
(d) He is worried that they won't have enough money to go west.
5. Who does Flashman confront at the Travelers' Club?
(a) The bartender.
(b) Captain Spring.
(c) A pompous anthropologist.
(d) The doorman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grattan Nugent-Hare notice about Flashman when he meets him again?
2. What does Flashman learn about the group that rebelled?
3. What road does Wootton specifically tell Flashman to avoid?
4. Which of Susie's girls does Flashman notice in particular?
5. What is the first place that the party heads for?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)