|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 54-109.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What agreement does Flashman come to with Wootton?
(a) Flashman proposes that Wootton takes charge for an extra $100 a week.
(b) Flashman proposes that Wootton stay behind for an extra $100.
(c) Flashman proposes that Wootton let it look like Flashman is in charge for an extra $100 a week.
(d) Flashman doesn't come to any agreements with Wootton. They don't talk that much.
2. Which of Susie's girls does Flashman notice in particular?
(a) Aphrodite and Cleonie.
(b) Poppaea and Cleonie.
(c) Aphrodite and Poppaea
(d) He doesn't notice them--he's in love with Susie.
3. How many other caravans does Flashman's caravan eventually join?
4. How does Flashman earn Wootton's respect?
(a) Flashman shoots and kills a buffalo on the first try.
(b) Wootton knows of Flashman's impressive military history.
(c) Flashman is an honorable man.
(d) Flashman is a very good rider.
5. How does Susie threaten her girls?
(a) She threatens to sell them.
(b) She threatens to leave them behind.
(c) She threatens to beat them.
(d) She threatens to fire them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else, besides sickness, worried Flashman about being in St. Louis?
2. What does Flashman show the men that he is arguing with?
3. What happens to Flashman after the argument in the Traveler's Club?
4. Three days into the journey west, what two trails diverge?
5. What does Flashman do that leads to rebellion?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)