|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, to pg. 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting Omohundro, why are Flashman and Spring on the run from the law?
(a) Because Spring killed Omohundro.
(b) Because they didn't pay for their drinks.
(c) Because bar fighting is illegal.
(d) Because Flashman killed Omohundro.
2. How does Flashman react to Susie's solution to get him out of New Orleans?
(a) He is surprised, but also angry at Susie for deceiving him.
(b) He is surprised, but feins awe and love.
(c) He is surprised, but he's also happy to be with Susie.
(d) He tries to escape from Susie's.
3. Who does Flashman confront at the Travelers' Club?
(a) The doorman.
(b) The bartender.
(c) A pompous anthropologist.
(d) Captain Spring.
4. What language does Flashman state he never learned to speak properly?
5. What does Flashman say he can feel aboard the steamship?
(c) The turbulent river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Susie's girls does Flashman notice in particular?
2. How does Susie's method of getting rid of Spring sit with Flashman?
3. In Part 1, The Forty-Niner, how old does Flashman say that he is while writing the memoir?
4. How does Susie threaten her girls?
5. What does Flashman do to make himself cry?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)