|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, to pg. 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Susie know Flashman as?
(a) Harry Comber.
(c) Harry Flashman.
(d) Beauchamp Comber.
2. When asked if he condoned Washington's treatment of the American Indian, how does Flashman reply?
(a) He says that not only does he not condone it, he condemns it.
(b) He says that he doesn't really know anything about it.
(c) He says that he doesn't condone it, but he doesn't condemn it.
(d) He says that he definitely condones it.
3. How does Susie make her girls behave when traveling?
(a) They must all look and act like prostitutes.
(b) They must all look and act like ladies.
(c) They must all stay inside their cabins at all times.
(d) Susie lets them behave however they want.
4. After meeting Omohundro, why are Flashman and Spring on the run from the law?
(a) Because Spring killed Omohundro.
(b) Because bar fighting is illegal.
(c) Because they didn't pay for their drinks.
(d) Because Flashman killed Omohundro.
5. Who does Flashman confront at the Travelers' Club?
(a) A pompous anthropologist.
(b) The doorman.
(c) The bartender.
(d) Captain Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, The Forty-Niner, how old does Flashman say that he is while writing the memoir?
2. What language does Flashman state he never learned to speak properly?
3. What happens to Flashman after the argument in the Traveler's Club?
4. What does Captain Spring do for a living?
5. What does Flashman show the men that he is arguing with?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)