|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 54-109.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the two best guides aren't available to take the party across the prairie, who does Susie deem worthy to lead?
(b) No one.
2. Who is the Chief-Guard of the expedition?
(a) Grattan Nugent-Hare.
(c) Wild Bill.
3. What road does Wootton specifically tell Flashman to avoid?
(a) The Oregon Trail.
(b) The Sioux Highway.
(c) The Cimarron Road.
(d) The Apache Road.
4. What language does Flashman state he never learned to speak properly?
5. What news does Captain Spring give to Flashman about his father-in-law?
(a) That his father-in-law is dead.
(b) That his father-in-law disinherited Elspeth.
(c) That his father-in-law is very ill.
(d) That his father-in-law is on his way to the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susie threaten her girls?
2. What name does Peter Omohundro call Flashman?
3. After meeting Omohundro, why are Flashman and Spring on the run from the law?
4. What does Flashman say he can feel aboard the steamship?
5. What does Flashman do to make himself cry?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)