|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 54-109.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets Flashman the job with Captain Spring?
(a) Captain Spring's daughter.
(b) Captain Spring's wife.
(c) Flashman's uncle.
(d) Flashman's father-in-law.
2. Three days into the journey west, what two trails diverge?
(a) The trails don't diverge, they are the same trail.
(b) The Santa Fe and the Oregon Trail
(c) The Santa Fe and Route 66.
(d) The Oregon Trail and Route 66.
3. How does the author begin Flashman and the Redskins?
(a) In the middle of a battle scene.
(b) With Chapter 1.
(c) With an introduction.
(d) In the middle of a love scene.
4. How does Susie's method of getting rid of Spring sit with Flashman?
(a) He thinks it's hilarious.
(b) He's just happy to be rid of that latin-speaking hypocrite.
(c) He feels uneasy about it.
(d) He doesn't really care because he is so in love with Susie.
5. After meeting Omohundro, why are Flashman and Spring on the run from the law?
(a) Because Spring killed Omohundro.
(b) Because they didn't pay for their drinks.
(c) Because Flashman killed Omohundro.
(d) Because bar fighting is illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Chief-Guard of the expedition?
2. Why won't the girls tell Susie about Flashman's infidelity?
3. What road does Wootton specifically tell Flashman to avoid?
4. What name does Peter Omohundro call Flashman?
5. What happens after the caravans come in contact with the stricken natives?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)