|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 54-109.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman do that leads to rebellion?
(a) He abandons the caravan.
(b) He lowers the food rations.
(c) He decides to head back to Council Grove.
(d) He takes the Cimarron Road.
2. Why was Omohundro looking for Flashman?
(a) Because Flashman owed him some money.
(b) Because Flashman slept with his wife.
(c) Because Flashman slept with his daughter.
(d) Because Flashman stole one of his slaves.
3. Who tells Flashman that all of Susie's girls know about his first tryst?
4. As Flashman and Wootton are eating buffalo, what frightens Flashman?
(a) They see a Native American war party.
(b) Three Native Americans who sneak up on them.
(c) Nothing, Flashman remains blissfully ignorant.
(d) Wootton frightens Flashman a bit.
5. What is Susie's solution to get Flashman out of New Orleans?
(a) To drug him and take him with her.
(b) To kidnap him.
(c) To ask him to go with her.
(d) To marry him and take him with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much are they charging for claret at the hotel in St. Louis?
2. What happens to Flashman after the argument in the Traveler's Club?
3. Which of Susie's girls does Flashman notice in particular?
4. How does Flashman earn Wootton's respect?
5. How does Flashman describe the people on their way to Oregon?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)