|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 54-109.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Susie get rid of Captain Spring?
(a) She seduces him and then tells Flashman who kicks him out.
(b) She drugs him and has him put on a ship to Africa.
(c) She turns him in to the police.
(d) She doesn't get rid of him.
2. What else, besides sickness, worried Flashman about being in St. Louis?
(a) There was a reward for his arrest in St. Louis a few weeks prior.
(b) He is worried that they won't have enough money to go west.
(c) He is worried about running into Capatin Spring.
(d) He is worried Susie will find out what his real name is.
3. Where is Flashman and his party headed once they board the smaller boat?
4. What does Captain Spring do for a living?
(a) He's a gambler.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He sails yachts for wealthy people.
(d) He runs an illegal slaving operation.
5. What language does Flashman begin to learn while riding with Wootton?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flashman earn Wootton's respect?
2. What happens to Flashman after the argument in the Traveler's Club?
3. How does Susie threaten her girls?
4. How does Susie's method of getting rid of Spring sit with Flashman?
5. Who does Flashman learn are Susie's spies?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)