|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 54-109.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do these other caravans consist of?
(a) The Pittsburg Pirates, immigrant families, clerks & laborers and "invalids".
(b) Immigrants and invalids.
(c) Immigrants and laborers.
(d) The Pittsburg Pirates and invalids.
2. How does Susie threaten her girls?
(a) She threatens to leave them behind.
(b) She threatens to sell them.
(c) She threatens to fire them.
(d) She threatens to beat them.
3. Who gets Flashman the job with Captain Spring?
(a) Captain Spring's wife.
(b) Flashman's father-in-law.
(c) Captain Spring's daughter.
(d) Flashman's uncle.
4. What name does Susie know Flashman as?
(a) Beauchamp Comber.
(b) Harry Comber.
(d) Harry Flashman.
5. What does Flashman do to make himself cry?
(a) He thinks of Elspeth and his son in England.
(b) He doesn't cry.
(c) He burns himself with a cigar.
(d) He purposefully runs his leg into one of Susie's dressing table pins to elicit pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susie get rid of Captain Spring?
2. What language does Flashman begin to learn while riding with Wootton?
3. How much are they charging for claret at the hotel in St. Louis?
4. What happens to Flashman after the argument in the Traveler's Club?
5. When asked if he condoned Washington's treatment of the American Indian, how does Flashman reply?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)