|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 148-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bond do Sonsee-array and Flashman form?
(a) They are in love.
(b) They run off together.
(c) They can't stand each other.
(d) They get married.
2. What does Flashman tell Carson about dying?
(a) That is is better to die in hope than in despair.
(b) That it is better to die in battle.
(c) That it is better to die in peace.
(d) That dying frightens him.
3. Why does Flashman say that in St. Louis, you don't dare drink anything besides claret?
(a) Because of small pox.
(b) Because of cholera.
(c) Because of malaria.
(d) Because in St. Louis, you want to be drunk all the time.
4. What do the Apache's shoot Flashman with?
(a) A pellet gun.
(b) A bullet.
(c) An poison arrow.
(d) A knife.
5. What language does Flashman state he never learned to speak properly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do these other caravans consist of?
2. Why do Gallantin's men kill two of their own men?
3. What language does Captain Spring often quote literature and the Bible in?
4. What name does Peter Omohundro call Flashman?
5. What road does Wootton specifically tell Flashman to avoid?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)