|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 The Forty-Niner, pgs. 148-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else, besides sickness, worried Flashman about being in St. Louis?
(a) There was a reward for his arrest in St. Louis a few weeks prior.
(b) He is worried that they won't have enough money to go west.
(c) He is worried about running into Capatin Spring.
(d) He is worried Susie will find out what his real name is.
2. How much are they charging for claret at the hotel in St. Louis?
(a) They aren't charging, it is free.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
3. What does Flashman and his party find when they reach Bent's Fort?
(a) That everyone has been killed.
(b) That it has been blown up.
(c) That it has been taken over by Native Americans.
(d) That it is abandoned.
4. What does Flashman tell Maxwell and Kit Carson after Flashman is shot?
(a) He lies to them about his adventures with the Apaches.
(b) He tells them he wants to go home to England.
(c) He doesn't say much of anything because he is delirious.
(d) The truth about his adventures with Gallantin and the Apaches.
5. What ultimately happens to Vasco?
(a) He eventually wins Sonsee-array over.
(b) He is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(c) Yawner kills him before he can kill Flashman.
(d) He is banised from the tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Nugent-Hare?
2. What agreement does Flashman come to with Wootton?
3. Shortly after Flashman joins them, who do Gallantin and his men seek revenge on, and for what?
4. How does Flashman betray the Apache?
5. How does Susie's business fare in the new city that she has chosen to set up shop in?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)