Part 1 The Forty-Niner, to pg. 54
1. How does the author begin Flashman and the Redskins?
(a) In the middle of a battle scene.
(b) With an introduction.
(c) With Chapter 1.
(d) In the middle of a love scene.
2. Where does the first part of this book take place?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
3. What language does Flashman state he never learned to speak properly?
4. What does Flashman say he has always been good with?
5. Who does Flashman confront at the Travelers' Club?
(a) Captain Spring.
(b) A pompous anthropologist.
(c) The bartender.
(d) The doorman.
6. What is the argument in the Traveler's Club about?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Underground Railroad.
(c) The United States ill-treatment of the Native Americans.
(d) The fact that they wouldn't serve Flashman another drink.
7. What does Flashman show the men that he is arguing with?
(a) A tattoo of the British flag.
(b) A place on his head where he was "scalped" by a Native American.
(c) A scar that he got while in a bar fight.
(d) A pound with the Queen's picture on it.
This section contains 5,501 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)