Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is not something Uncle demands from the servant to show him his place in the household?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the conversations the Youngblood family has around the dinner table each night?
3. In what types of positions does Joey hope he catches Zuta in while peeping on her?
4. How many gentlemen ride their women up to the Marquis when they see him in the crowd?
5. How does Zuta react when Kopyrda climbs through her window?
Throughout the novel, Joey struggles with issues of his own self maturity. First, describe what Joey's maturity level was like at the opening of the novel and compare that to his maturity level at the end of the novel. Then, choose at least two scenes in the novel that you believe showcase Joey's journey toward maturity. Describe these scenes, and explain how they exemplify Joey's journey.
One of the most important scenes in the novel is the emotional battle between Kneadus and Syphus. First, describe what the two boys were battling for. Who was involved in this battle? Who was left out of the fight? Then, describe the actual events of the battle. What emotions were thrown onto the table? Which boy was victorious? Finally, describe the after-effects of the battle on each of the boys in the days following the battle.
Doctor Pimko is introduced at the opening of the novel as a much different doctor than he is at the end of the novel. First, describe the first scenes in which Pimko is introduced to the reader. How is he treating his patients? Then, compare that to the Doctor Pimko the reader sees at the end of the novel. Choose at least two scenes that you think best exemplify Doctor Pimko's change, and describe these scenes.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)