|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Child Runs Deep in Filibert.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After experiencing the dream in which the apparition waves to him, what does Joey feel most inspired to do when he wakes up?
2. How does Mrs. Youngblood feel about the prospect of her young daughter getting pregnant?
(a) She is sure it will happen.
(b) She hasn't ever thought of it.
(c) She doesn't care.
(d) She is frightened by the thought.
3. What nationality is the tennis player who plays in the one match the narrator remembers?
4. What part of the ship's body does the colonel's bullet hit?
(a) His back.
(b) His neck.
(c) His leg.
(d) His stomach.
5. How does the schoolgirl respond when her parents ask her who the young boy was they saw her with?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is outraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are all underdeveloped artists bound to create?
2. What does the schoolgirl do to pass her time while she is waiting for her parents to get home after Joey arrives?
3. Why does the colonel in the crowd decide to shoot the tennis ball during the match?
4. Where does Joey think he is going in life?
5. In the dream, how does Joey react when he sees a younger apparition of himself waving to him?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)