|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Preface to The Child Runs Deep in Filidor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
(a) A rooster crowing.
(b) A cricket chirping.
(c) A bell ringing.
(d) A baby crying.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the outside world's opinion of Joey?
3. How do the children react when they read Pimko's notes about their behavior?
(a) They are apathetic.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are outraged.
4. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
(a) Stomach aches.
(b) Bathroom breaks.
5. What language does Joey's class work on translating, even though no one is prepared?
(b) Pig Latin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joey dreams of seeing himself in various forms of maturity in a dream, how do his other "selves" treat each other?
2. What does Joey do for a living?
3. Which of the following groups of people does not have major control over Joey's opinion of himself?
4. In the dream, how does Joey react when he sees a younger apparition of himself waving to him?
5. Where does Syphon roll his eyes to in his first face for the dual?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)