|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Preface to The Child Runs Deep in Filidor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which musician does the narrator claim audiences appreciate only because the larger musical world tells them to?
2. Which of the following words does Pimko use to express "bottom"?
3. What insect does Kneadus eat as counter-attack to the first face in the dual?
(a) A cricket.
(b) An ant.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A fly.
4. Which of the following is not an excuse students give in the English classroom to ensure they won't have to speak about the assigned poetry?
(b) Bathroom breaks.
(c) Stomach aches.
5. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
(a) The author will be confused with his intentions.
(b) The novel will ultimately fail.
(c) The novel will end on a note of desperation.
(d) The author will feel trapped by that word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator extol for creating mythology?
2. Which verb does the teacher want the students to translate even though they are not interested?
3. Which of the following topics of conversation is not one Pimko quizzes Joey on in his bedroom?
4. Which of the following career choices does Joey find most annoying?
5. Which of the following metaphors does the narrator use to describe the way a novel is constructed?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)