|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Preface to The Child Runs Deep in Filidor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kopydra react when Joey tries to engage him in the schoolyard battle?
(a) He ignores Joey completely.
(b) He punches Joey in the face.
(c) He jumps out the window.
(d) He joins the battle.
2. Who is the one person Kopydra yearns for more than any other?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A milkmaid.
(c) A farmhand.
(d) A butcher.
3. Which of the following items is not something then narrator considers an interruption in life?
(a) The doorbell.
(c) Daily trivia.
(d) The telephone.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Doctor T. Pimko?
5. What sound signifies the end of class at Joey's school?
(a) A cricket chirping.
(b) A baby crying.
(c) A bell ringing.
(d) A rooster crowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people does not have major control over Joey's opinion of himself?
2. How old is Joey at the opening of the novel?
3. What is the name of the gang of boys Kneadus puts together?
4. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
5. What language does Joey's class work on translating, even though no one is prepared?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)