|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Preface to The Child Runs Deep in Filidor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions is not something the children do to try to prove Pimko wrong in his theories about them?
(a) They start swearing.
(b) They start writing graffiti.
(c) They start shredding his notes.
(d) They start fighting.
2. Who do the children on the playground think Pimko is when they see him writing notes in hiding?
(a) An escaped criminal.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) The school inspector.
3. What does the narrator extol for creating mythology?
4. According to the narrator, what are all underdeveloped artists bound to create?
(a) They will not be creating art at all.
(b) Brilliant art.
(c) Terrible art.
(d) Mediocre art.
5. What fruit is the narrator interested in knowing the reader's opinion of?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the English classroom after the schoolyard fight, which is the only student prepared to discuss the material?
2. Which of the following adjectives does Pimko use to describe the children on the playground in his notes?
3. At what time of day does Pimko drop Joey off at the Piórkowski school?
4. Where does Pimko hide while taking notes on the children while they play at the playground?
5. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)