|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Preface to The Child Runs Deep in Filibert.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator claim novels are properly read?
(a) In parts.
(b) Novels are never properly read.
(c) One page at a time.
(d) From cover to cover.
2. What is the schoolgirl doing when Joey barges into her bedroom after the phone call?
(a) She is ironing her pants.
(b) She is polishing her shoes.
(c) She is knitting a pair of socks.
(d) She is sewing a button on a jacket.
3. Which of the following metaphors does the narrator use to describe the way a novel is constructed?
(a) Like a rainbow.
(b) Like a house.
(c) Like a human body.
(d) Like a pot of stew.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the schoolgirl?
5. What beverage does Kneadus bring over to drink with Joey in his new home?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who is the counter-balance to Filibert?
2. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
3. According to the narrator, what are all underdeveloped artists bound to create?
4. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
5. Which musician does the narrator claim audiences appreciate only because the larger musical world tells them to?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)