|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Preface to The Child Runs Deep in Filibert.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
(a) What can I do for you?
(b) Do you need some help?
(c) Where do you think you are?
(d) How did you get in here?
2. Which of the following groups of people is not one to whom the narrator compares his literary work?
(a) Office workers.
3. What does the narrator claim all stories are broken down into?
(a) Emotions and responses.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Paragraphs and sentences.
(d) Innumerable tiny parts.
4. What does Joey chew on while he listens to the schoolgirl talk with a friend on the phone?
(a) A stick of chewing gum.
(b) The collar of his shirt.
(c) A toothpick.
(d) A ball of licorice.
5. What is the schoolgirl doing when Joey barges into her bedroom after the phone call?
(a) She is polishing her shoes.
(b) She is sewing a button on a jacket.
(c) She is ironing her pants.
(d) She is knitting a pair of socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following genres of literature is not one the narrator believes this novel could fit into?
2. According to the narrator, what are all writers dependent on above all else?
3. What fruit is the narrator interested in knowing the reader's opinion of?
4. Which of the following is not a form of torture discussed by the narrator in this novel?
5. What does the narrator extol for creating mythology?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)