|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Preface to The Child Runs Deep in Filibert.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which community does the narrator think is the stupidest community in the world?
(a) The religious community.
(b) The academic community.
(c) The art community.
(d) The sports community.
2. What does Joey chew on while he listens to the schoolgirl talk with a friend on the phone?
(a) The collar of his shirt.
(b) A ball of licorice.
(c) A toothpick.
(d) A stick of chewing gum.
3. Which of the following laws does the narrator claim demands a preface?
(a) The law of gravity.
(b) The law of symmetry.
(c) The law of thermodynamics.
(d) The law of attraction.
4. What question does the schoolgirl ask Joey over and over and over when he is in her bedroom?
(a) Do you need some help?
(b) What can I do for you?
(c) How did you get in here?
(d) Where do you think you are?
5. Which musician does the narrator claim audiences appreciate only because the larger musical world tells them to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator extol for creating mythology?
2. What does the narrator think will happen to a novel in which the first word is heroic?
3. How does the narrator feel about literary critics who hold fast to the iron-clad rules of construction?
4. Which of the following items is not something the narrator feels weighted down by in his greenery?
5. What is the schoolgirl doing when Joey barges into her bedroom after the phone call?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)