|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Preface to The Child Runs Deep in Filibert.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Kneadus bring over to drink with Joey in his new home?
2. Which musician does the narrator claim audiences appreciate only because the larger musical world tells them to?
3. Which of the following metaphors does the narrator use to describe the way a novel is constructed?
(a) Like a pot of stew.
(b) Like a house.
(c) Like a rainbow.
(d) Like a human body.
4. How does Joey feel about telling the school girl his true age?
(a) He is confused whether or not he should tell her.
(b) He desperately wants to tell her.
(c) He does not want to tell her.
(d) He doesn't think about telling her.
5. Which of the following items is not something the narrator feels weighted down by in his greenery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following processes is not one the narrator is quick to do?
2. What hurtful name does the schoolgirl call Joey when he is sitting in her bedroom?
3. Which of the following items is not something then narrator considers an interruption in life?
4. Which of the following groups of people is not one to whom the narrator compares his literary work?
5. What is the name of the schoolgirl's friend who drinks whiskey?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)