|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson chronicle "November Concluded?"
(a) A timeline of events.
(b) The form of an interview with himself and Ed.
(c) An index for the rest of the book.
(d) An outline for a new book.
2. For people who are uneasy with Thompson's style of political writing, what sort of writers does he suggest they follow to stay up-to-date with politics?
(a) Speech writers.
(b) Gonzo journalists.
(c) Educated writers.
(d) Sober writers.
3. Why must Thompson strictly adhere to the schedule set forth by the Rolling Stone?
(a) He owes the editors of Rolling Stone many favors.
(b) He will be blacklisted if he does not.
(c) His contractual agreements.
(d) He has a book coming out from their press.
4. In general, who flies on Thompson's preferred plane?
(c) Reserve personnel.
5. Why did Nixon employ Ziegler?
(a) Nixon needed a man with military experience.
(b) Nixon needed a more liberal counterpart.
(c) Nixon antagonized the press too much.
(d) Nixon is a terrible public speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
2. In "September," who does Thompson believe would have supported McGovern?
3. According to the author, which readers does he expect will understand his decision to defuse the situation with Mankiewicz?
4. Fill in the blanks: Regarding the combination of alcohol and marijuana, one of the female reporters describes taking the drugs as the adult version of ______ and _______.
5. What is the tone of "October?"
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)