|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
(a) Thompson should apologize.
(b) Mankiewicz should apologize.
(c) Thompson should probably leave.
(d) Mankiewicz should have a drink with Thompson.
2. In his memory of a previous campaign, what does Thompson realize about the police officers?
(a) They did not wish to hurt anyone.
(b) They were unhelpful during the demonstration.
(c) They were deceived about danger they were facing.
(d) Some helped people while others hurt people.
3. What plane does Thompson decide better fits his personality in "November Continued?"
(a) Kingsport One.
(b) Dakota Queen II.
(c) Zoo Plane.
(d) Air Force Three.
4. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
5. Who is the author of the poem at the end of "November Concluded?"
(a) Robinson Jeffers.
(b) Langston Hughes.
(c) Allen Ginsberg.
(d) William S. Burroughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the flight in "November," to whom is Thompson referring when he discusses "rebellion amongst the docile"?
2. In a tongue-in-cheek reference to his employment by the "Rolling Stone," how does Thompson refer to his position as a political writer?
3. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
4. In "November," what begins to plague the author?
5. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)