|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Bobby Kennedy refer to as "the most decent man in the Senate?"
2. What plane does Thompson decide better fits his personality in "November Continued?"
(a) Air Force Three.
(b) Zoo Plane.
(c) Kingsport One.
(d) Dakota Queen II.
3. In the author's discussion of the ethos of American politics, what is perception?
(a) The way a person will emulate another.
(b) The way a person tries to behave.
(c) The way a person appears to be.
(d) The way a person actually is.
4. According to Thompson, what sort of person is considered to be more of the "yang" in the Yin/Yang?
(a) The liar.
(b) The smarter preson.
(c) The direct person.
(d) The manipulative person.
5. At the writing of this book, what do Americans realize about politics?
(a) They are deceptive.
(b) Politicians are not really in charge.
(c) American votes do force change.
(d) Politicians cannot readily pull troops in and out of a country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation does Thompson make to the readers about his intoxication on the airplane?
2. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
3. How does Thompson describe the "yin" of the Yin/Yang?
4. What is the tone of "October?"
5. Who is Ron Ziegler?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thompson describe the drug use among the other journalists?
2. Describe Thompson's thoughts on the Yin/Yang in regards to Nixon and McGovern.
3. Describe the activities of election day.
4. How does Thompson explain McGovern's lack of success?
5. How does Thompson describe the varying roles of and attitudes toward professional speech writers?
6. Why does the book turn into a series of dialogues and monologues after Chapter 11?
7. What are some ways the author and his colleagues pass time on the airplane?
8. What are some of the behaviors exhibited by the journalists on the Zoo Plane?
9. Why is Thompson the "rock-n-roll emissary" for politics?
10. In "November Concluded," what stories did Thompson tell about one of the female journalists?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)