|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the passengers of Thompson's plane react to others trying to join them on their flight?
(a) The journalists force the newcomers to get high before getting on the plane.
(b) The journalists only allow other politicians on board if McGovern joins them.
(c) The journalists refuse entry to everyone else.
(d) The journalists welcome everyone on board.
2. Why is Thompson in his present mood in "October?"
(a) He feels McGovern is a lost cause.
(b) He is afraid that someone will threaten McGovern.
(c) He feels McGovern is going to win.
(d) He knows that the election will be a tight race.
3. In a tongue-in-cheek reference to his employment by the "Rolling Stone," how does Thompson refer to his position as a political writer?
(a) "Rock-n-roll emissary."
(b) "The Keith Richards of journalism."
(c) "Like Hendrix without the guitar."
(d) "Bob Dylan with a pen."
4. Fill in the blanks: According to Thompson, American politics have changed from being based on "charisma" to "_______ and ________."
(a) Smoke and mirrors.
(b) Ink and blood.
(c) Perception and reality.
(d) Truth and lies.
5. In "November Continued," who is barred from flying with Thompson and the others on their plane?
(a) The stewardesses.
(b) The journalists.
(c) The politician's families.
(d) The political staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
2. What two people does Thompson compare to the Yin/Yang?
3. What plane does Thompson decide better fits his personality in "November Continued?"
4. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
5. In his memory of a previous campaign, what does Thompson realize about the police officers?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)