|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his memory of a previous campaign, what does Thompson realize about the police officers?
(a) They did not wish to hurt anyone.
(b) They were unhelpful during the demonstration.
(c) They were deceived about danger they were facing.
(d) Some helped people while others hurt people.
2. Whom did Bobby Kennedy refer to as "the most decent man in the Senate?"
3. How does Thompson chronicle "November Concluded?"
(a) An index for the rest of the book.
(b) An outline for a new book.
(c) A timeline of events.
(d) The form of an interview with himself and Ed.
4. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
(a) He needs to go home.
(b) He needs to finish his work.
(c) He needs to vote.
(d) He needs to have a meeting with McGovern.
5. In "November Continued," who is barred from flying with Thompson and the others on their plane?
(a) The politician's families.
(b) The stewardesses.
(c) The political staff.
(d) The journalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, in what ways can deceit be considered relatively harmless?
2. In "November Continued," what is the reputation of the journalists Thompson travels with?
3. In "September," what does Thompson name as being the real problem behind the shrinking middle class?
4. At the writing of this book, what do Americans realize about politics?
5. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Thompson in such a dark mood in "October?"
2. Why does the book turn into a series of dialogues and monologues after Chapter 11?
3. In "November Concluded," what stories did Thompson tell about one of the female journalists?
4. What are some ways the author and his colleagues pass time on the airplane?
5. Why did Ron Ziegler become Nixon's PR man?
6. Describe Thompson's thoughts on the Yin/Yang in regards to Nixon and McGovern.
7. How does Eagleton affect McGovern's campaign run?
8. What are some of the behaviors exhibited by the journalists on the Zoo Plane?
9. What does Thompson believe about the middle-class?
10. Describe the activities of election day.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)