|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is particularly noteworthy of Thompson's writing style, in regards to the tales of his and his colleagues more indulgent behavior?
(a) Disdain for drug addiction.
(c) Meticulous editing.
(d) Omission of details.
2. Above all else, why does the public lose its trust in Eagleton (and by extension, McGovern)?
(a) McGovern acted too harshly against Eagleton.
(b) McGovern did not act quickly enough in removing Eagleton.
(c) Eagleton lied.
(d) Eagleton was meant to be a rock for the public to lean on.
3. How does Thompson chronicle "November Concluded?"
(a) A timeline of events.
(b) An outline for a new book.
(c) An index for the rest of the book.
(d) The form of an interview with himself and Ed.
4. In the author's discussion of the ethos of American politics, what is perception?
(a) The way a person tries to behave.
(b) The way a person appears to be.
(c) The way a person actually is.
(d) The way a person will emulate another.
5. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
(a) Mankiewicz should have a drink with Thompson.
(b) Thompson should apologize.
(c) Mankiewicz should apologize.
(d) Thompson should probably leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
2. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
3. In his memory of a previous campaign, what does Thompson realize about the police officers?
4. Fill in the blanks: Regarding the combination of alcohol and marijuana, one of the female reporters describes taking the drugs as the adult version of ______ and _______.
5. On the day of the election, where is the first place the personnel and press are taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Thompson and his friend decide to resolve the Mankiewicz situation by leaving?
2. Why is Thompson in such a dark mood in "October?"
3. Why did Ron Ziegler become Nixon's PR man?
4. During the demonstration of a previous campaign, what did Thompson realize about the police officers on the scene?
5. Why does the public find Mankowiecz so unsettling?
6. How does Thompson explain McGovern's lack of success?
7. How is Thompson's honesty a trademark of his writing?
8. Why is Thompson the "rock-n-roll emissary" for politics?
9. What are some of the behaviors exhibited by the journalists on the Zoo Plane?
10. What does Thompson believe about the middle-class?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)