|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While traveling on airplanes, what does the author break?
(d) The passenger rules.
2. In "November," what begins to plague the author?
(a) Irregular heartbeats.
(d) Tingling in his limbs.
3. What does Thompson allude to having happened with the female reporter who indulged in both marijuana and alcohol?
(a) She would partake in cocaine with Thompson.
(b) She would proposition Thompson.
(c) She would pass out in the aisle.
(d) She slept with the pilot mid-flight.
4. In "September," who does Thompson believe would have supported McGovern?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Amelia Earhart.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
5. How many aircraft are generally used on the campaign trail?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the author's discussion of the ethos of American politics, what is perception?
2. According to Thompson, what sort of person is considered to be more of the "yang" in the Yin/Yang?
3. In general, who flies on Thompson's preferred plane?
4. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
5. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Thompson and his friend decide to resolve the Mankiewicz situation by leaving?
2. How does Thompson describe the drug use among the other journalists?
3. In what ways is Thompson introducing new readers to the world of politics?
4. Describe the confrontation between Mankiewicz and Thompson.
5. Why is Thompson the "rock-n-roll emissary" for politics?
6. What are Thompson's feelings about Nixon's circle of people?
7. Why did Ron Ziegler become Nixon's PR man?
8. During the demonstration of a previous campaign, what did Thompson realize about the police officers on the scene?
9. Describe the activities of election day.
10. In "August," why does Thompson discuss a demonstration he witnessed during a previous campaign?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)