|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Thompson in his present mood in "October?"
(a) He knows that the election will be a tight race.
(b) He feels McGovern is going to win.
(c) He is afraid that someone will threaten McGovern.
(d) He feels McGovern is a lost cause.
2. In general, who flies on Thompson's preferred plane?
(b) Reserve personnel.
3. After "November," what form does Thompson's writing take for the rest of the book?
(a) Scrawled notes.
(b) Conversational monologues.
(d) Bullet points.
4. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
5. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) Bobby Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nixon employ Ziegler?
2. In his memory of a previous campaign, what does Thompson realize about the police officers?
3. As a result of what happened between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August," what do Thompson and his friend suspect Mankiewicz will do in the near-future?
4. What is the date of election day in this book?
5. What does Thompson allude to having happened with the female reporter who indulged in both marijuana and alcohol?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)