|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(b) A drug bust.
(c) A motorcycle accident.
(d) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
2. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(b) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
(c) Public appearances.
(d) A polished appearance.
3. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
(a) Green Party.
4. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) Peter Sheridan.
(b) Frank Mankiwiecz.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) Hunter S. Thompson.
5. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) In the shower.
(b) With heavy deadlines.
(c) Easily and slowly.
(d) With a collaborator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
2. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
3. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
4. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
5. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some characteristics of Thompson's writing?
2. Briefly describe the expenses and planning involved in keeping a political campaign moving forward, as relayed by Thompson.
3. How does Thompson describe the varying roles of and attitudes toward professional speech writers?
4. What are some of the behaviors exhibited by the journalists on the Zoo Plane?
5. How does Thompson describe the passengers of Dakota Queen II?
6. How does Thompson discuss the progressively more open drug use amongst the journalists?
7. How do Thompson and the other journalists deal with their boredom in "May"?
8. How did passengers on the Zoo plane keep the politicians from boarding?
9. What does Thompson say about his toenails, and why is it important?
10. What does Thompson believe about Southern attitudes, particularly in regards to politicians?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)