Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Introduction, December & January
1. What is significant about Hunter S. Thompson's description of himself?
2. In the Introduction, how does Thompson explain his drug use?
3. Describe the different votes Thompson discusses in "January."
4. What are some characteristics of Thompson's writing?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2, January, February, into March
5. In "January, February, into March," how does Thompson try to fit in with the politicians and press?
6. In the early days of the campaign trail, how does Thompson's demeanor and attire...
This section contains 839 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)