|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what political office does Thompson decide to run?
(b) House of Representatives.
2. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
(a) He needs to vote.
(b) He needs to have a meeting with McGovern.
(c) He needs to finish his work.
(d) He needs to go home.
3. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
(a) They embrace him as their own.
(b) They take his statements and promises seriously and give him their support.
(c) They boo Wallace out of the ballroom.
(d) They are not happy with what Wallace was saying.
4. What is the name of the poem that ends "November Concluded?"
(a) "Be Angry at the Sun."
(b) "A Dream Deferred."
(d) "Ballad of the Skeletons."
5. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
(a) An automotive shop.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A library.
(d) A slaughterhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
2. During the campaign Thomas reminisces about in "August," what did the police use to control the crowd?
3. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
4. How did the passengers of Thompson's plane react to others trying to join them on their flight?
5. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)