|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ron Ziegler?
(a) Nixon's secretary of state.
(b) Nixon's personal PR representative.
(c) Nixon's vice-president.
(d) Nixon's speech writer.
2. With whom does Thompson compare the journalists at the end of "June?"
(a) The Viet Cong.
(b) The Yippies.
(c) Hell's Angels.
(d) The American military.
3. At the writing of the Epilogue, what is Thompson's official title with Rolling Stone Magazine?
(b) National Affairs Editor.
(c) Guest Journalist.
(d) National Policy Writer.
4. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
(a) Mankiewicz is increasingly more volatile.
(b) Mankiewicz is intoxicated in public too often.
(c) Mankiewicz is not tough enough on McGovern.
(d) Mankiewicz cannot handle publicity.
5. During "August," from his memory of a previous campaign, what is Thompson primarily concerned about?
(a) Hanging on to his bag of marijuana.
(b) Recording every badge number of every police officer who used unnecessary force.
(c) Helping a young hippie get some first aid.
(d) Washing the gas from his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In general, who flies on Thompson's preferred plane?
2. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
3. How many aircraft are generally used on the campaign trail?
4. What does the author believe occurs within Nixon's organization that helps to account for Nixon's success?
5. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)