|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
(a) Writer's block.
(b) Repetition in subject matter.
(d) Re-using one's work over and over.
2. How does Thompson feel about Nixon's circle of people?
(a) He finds them untrustworthy.
(b) He finds them to be patriotic.
(c) He finds them to be very in touch with the public.
(d) He finds them to be worthy of respect.
3. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
(a) African Americans.
(d) European immigrants.
4. What two archetypes does Thompson use to further his comparison of two of the candidates to the Yin/Yang?
(a) The prince and the pauper.
(b) The lion and the lamb.
(c) The brute and the liar.
(d) The thief and the murderer.
5. What does Thompson allude to having happened with the female reporter who indulged in both marijuana and alcohol?
(a) She would pass out in the aisle.
(b) She slept with the pilot mid-flight.
(c) She would partake in cocaine with Thompson.
(d) She would proposition Thompson.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
2. Fill in the blanks: According to Thompson, American politics have changed from being based on "charisma" to "_______ and ________."
3. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
4. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
5. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)