|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the poem that ends "November Concluded?"
(a) "A Dream Deferred."
(c) "Ballad of the Skeletons."
(d) "Be Angry at the Sun."
2. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
(a) Nixon will win.
(b) Kennedy will win.
(c) McGovern will win.
(d) Wallace will win.
3. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
(a) John Lindsay.
(b) Edmund Muskie.
(c) Ted Kennedy.
(d) George Wallace.
4. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
(a) Mankiewicz has a history of violence.
(b) Mankiewicz notably claims to be anti-violence.
(c) Mankiewicz used to be a hippie.
(d) Mankiewicz was a conscientious objector for Vietnam.
5. "Dark Interlude" reveals what illness that Eagleton suffers from?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
2. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
3. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
4. While traveling on airplanes, what does the author break?
5. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)