|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revelation does Thompson make to the readers about his intoxication on the airplane?
(a) The other journalists are only pretending to be stoned.
(b) The atmospheric change sobers him up.
(c) The liquor on the plane is superior to his own.
(d) The other journalists are similarly high.
2. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He is caught with hashish.
(b) He refuses to remove his hat.
(c) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(d) He punches Mankiewicz.
3. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
(a) McGovern's inability to make a firm decision.
(b) McGovern's lack of public speaking skills.
(c) McGovern's lack of success in the polls.
(d) McGovern's shady past.
4. How did the passengers of Thompson's plane react to others trying to join them on their flight?
(a) The journalists refuse entry to everyone else.
(b) The journalists welcome everyone on board.
(c) The journalists force the newcomers to get high before getting on the plane.
(d) The journalists only allow other politicians on board if McGovern joins them.
5. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
(a) Edmund Muskie.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) Ted Kennedy.
(d) John Lindsay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is McGovern not able to recover from Eagleton's omissions and lies?
2. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
3. According to Thompson, what unprecedented occurrence happens in October of 1972?
4. How does Thompson, at the end of the book, drastically switch gears from politics?
5. While traveling on airplanes, what does the author break?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)