|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
(a) He uses Eagleton's medical history against him.
(b) He pardons Eagleton's lies.
(c) He quickly drops Eagleton from the ticket.
(d) He publicly supports Eagleton's continuance in the campaign.
2. After "November," what form does Thompson's writing take for the rest of the book?
(b) Conversational monologues.
(c) Bullet points.
(d) Scrawled notes.
3. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
(a) Campaign manager.
4. Above all else, why does the public lose its trust in Eagleton (and by extension, McGovern)?
(a) McGovern did not act quickly enough in removing Eagleton.
(b) Eagleton was meant to be a rock for the public to lean on.
(c) Eagleton lied.
(d) McGovern acted too harshly against Eagleton.
5. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In "November Continued," who is barred from flying with Thompson and the others on their plane?
2. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
3. What two people does Thompson compare to the Yin/Yang?
4. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
5. Fill in the blanks: Regarding the combination of alcohol and marijuana, one of the female reporters describes taking the drugs as the adult version of ______ and _______.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)