|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To visit where his father used to work there.
(b) To shake their hands.
(c) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
(d) To see a factory local to his hometown.
2. After McGovern's interview, with whom does Thompson next converse in his article?
(d) Rosey Grier.
3. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) Hunter S. Thompson.
(b) Peter Sheridan.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) Frank Mankiwiecz.
4. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
(a) He needs to have a meeting with McGovern.
(b) He needs to vote.
(c) He needs to finish his work.
(d) He needs to go home.
5. How does Thompson describe the unity sought by the journalists who indulged in some of the more raucous behaviors?
(a) "Gonzo journalism."
(b) "Rock-n-roll journey politick."
(c) "A pathetic attempt to unify us as one."
(d) "Rock-n-roll lifestyle compressed to a typewriter."
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
2. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
3. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
4. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
5. In his memory of a previous campaign, what does Thompson realize about the police officers?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)