|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the interview with McGovern in the Epilogue?
(a) It is presented as a play.
(b) It is presented as fiction.
(c) It is presented as part of a monologue.
(d) It is formatted as dialogue-only.
2. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
(a) Thompson should apologize.
(b) Mankiewicz should apologize.
(c) Thompson should probably leave.
(d) Mankiewicz should have a drink with Thompson.
3. For his prospective run on a political office, who does Thompson choose to run his campaign?
(a) George McGovern.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) Frank Mankowiecz.
(d) Rosey Grier.
4. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
5. According to Thompson, what group was responsible for settling the South?
(a) The wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
2. Where is the second location the personnel and press are taken on election day?
3. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
4. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
5. As a result of what happened between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August," what do Thompson and his friend suspect Mankiewicz will do in the near-future?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)