|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of election day in this book?
(a) November 5.
(b) November 7.
(c) November 4.
(d) November 6.
2. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
(a) The date of the event.
(b) His clothing.
(c) The socialites who would be present.
(d) Whether to bring a date or not.
3. According to Thompson, what is the death knell for the campaign?
(a) McGovern's sudden shift to support the continuance of Vietnam.
(b) McGovern's public statement about Eagleton.
(c) McGovern's distrust of Eagleton.
(d) Nixon's foreign policies.
4. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
(a) Targeting voters.
(b) Moving voters to another candidate.
(c) Dividing voters.
(d) Introducing radical new ideas with traditional promises.
5. In Miami in 1972, how do the sit-ins and protests compare to Thompson's experiences on other campaign trails?
(a) They are poorly organized.
(b) They are extremely mild.
(c) They are completely effective.
(d) They are much wilder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
2. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
3. Fill in the blanks: Regarding the combination of alcohol and marijuana, one of the female reporters describes taking the drugs as the adult version of ______ and _______.
4. Where is the second location the personnel and press are taken on election day?
5. What does Thompson believe is the source of the journalists' most common writing problem?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)