|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
(a) McGovern's shady past.
(b) McGovern's inability to make a firm decision.
(c) McGovern's lack of public speaking skills.
(d) McGovern's lack of success in the polls.
2. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
(a) Mankiewicz used to be a hippie.
(b) Mankiewicz has a history of violence.
(c) Mankiewicz was a conscientious objector for Vietnam.
(d) Mankiewicz notably claims to be anti-violence.
3. How does the Epitaph begin?
(a) Nixon's resignation during Watergate.
(b) Nixon's inaguration for his second term.
(c) The defeat of McGovern for the presidency.
(d) The breaking news on Watergate.
4. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
(a) He quickly drops Eagleton from the ticket.
(b) He publicly supports Eagleton's continuance in the campaign.
(c) He pardons Eagleton's lies.
(d) He uses Eagleton's medical history against him.
5. What sort of writing does Thompson decide to pursue at the end of "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) Fiction writing.
(b) Movie reviews.
(c) Sports writing.
(d) Political analyses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
2. In 1972, how much did it cost each day to run a political campaign?
3. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
4. According to Thompson, what unprecedented occurrence happens in October of 1972?
5. According to Thompson, who fails to capture the public's attention because the people perceive a discrepancy between his perception and his reality?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)