|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They look down on him.
(b) They all clamor for his autograph.
(c) They are happy to see him.
(d) They embarrass him.
2. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
(a) They boo Wallace out of the ballroom.
(b) They embrace him as their own.
(c) They are not happy with what Wallace was saying.
(d) They take his statements and promises seriously and give him their support.
3. What is the date of election day in this book?
(a) November 5.
(b) November 7.
(c) November 6.
(d) November 4.
4. What level of recognition is finally granted to Thompson during "September?"
(a) He is given an award for his campaign coverage.
(b) He is finally made a member of the Presidential Press Corps.
(c) He is allowed to travel with the politicians themselves.
(d) He is given an interview with McGovern.
5. How does Thompson, at the end of the book, drastically switch gears from politics?
(a) He talks about Europe.
(b) He talks about books.
(c) He talks about sports.
(d) He talks about movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the author's estimation, how is the public beginning to view Nixon?
2. According to those who approve of professional speech writers, what purpose do the writers serve for the politicians?
3. On the day of the election, where is the first place the personnel and press are taken?
4. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
5. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)