|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) One hundred Yippie activists.
(b) Ten thousand naked hippies.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
2. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
(a) Wallace will win.
(b) McGovern will win.
(c) Nixon will win.
(d) Kennedy will win.
3. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
(a) Pleasently routine.
4. For people who are uneasy with Thompson's style of political writing, what sort of writers does he suggest they follow to stay up-to-date with politics?
(a) Sober writers.
(b) Gonzo journalists.
(c) Educated writers.
(d) Speech writers.
5. With whom does Thompson compare the journalists at the end of "June?"
(a) The Yippies.
(b) The American military.
(c) The Viet Cong.
(d) Hell's Angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
2. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
3. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
4. In the author's discussion of the ethos of American politics, what is perception?
5. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)