|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
(a) His unbiased observations.
(b) His frequent hangovers.
(c) His obsessively frantic writing.
(d) His snarky attitude.
2. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
(b) Pleasently routine.
3. Where is the second location the personnel and press are taken on election day?
(b) Voting location.
(c) A local university.
4. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
(a) Their similar anger.
(b) Their similar self-righteousness.
(c) Their similar boredom.
(d) Their similar drug use.
5. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To see a factory local to his hometown.
(b) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
(c) To shake their hands.
(d) To visit where his father used to work there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1972, how much did it cost each day to run a political campaign?
2. What two archetypes does Thompson use to further his comparison of two of the candidates to the Yin/Yang?
3. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
4. How does Thompson, at the end of the book, drastically switch gears from politics?
5. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)