|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) Muskie's campaign.
(b) McGovern's campaign.
(c) Wallace's campaign.
(d) Nixon's campaign.
2. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
(a) He pardons Eagleton's lies.
(b) He uses Eagleton's medical history against him.
(c) He publicly supports Eagleton's continuance in the campaign.
(d) He quickly drops Eagleton from the ticket.
3. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Kent State.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Class issues.
(d) Legalization of marijuana.
4. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
(a) The Nixon voters.
(b) The Muskie voters.
(c) The McCarthy voters.
(d) The Wallace voters.
5. In "September," what does Thompson name as being the real problem behind the shrinking middle class?
(b) Sexism and racism in the workplace.
(c) Public policy.
(d) Unfair wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
2. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
3. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
4. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
5. What plane does Thompson decide better fits his personality in "November Continued?"
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)