|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Thompson angry during "June?"
(a) An article was seized before it could be sent to Rolling Stone.
(b) He was tricked by a politician.
(c) Someone stole his weed.
(d) He had his alcohol confiscated.
2. What does Thompson posit as being the source of his toenail anxiety?
3. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
(a) A concert.
(b) A be-in.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A party.
4. How does Thompson describe the unity sought by the journalists who indulged in some of the more raucous behaviors?
(a) "Rock-n-roll lifestyle compressed to a typewriter."
(b) "A pathetic attempt to unify us as one."
(c) "Rock-n-roll journey politick."
(d) "Gonzo journalism."
5. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
(a) Mankiewicz notably claims to be anti-violence.
(b) Mankiewicz was a conscientious objector for Vietnam.
(c) Mankiewicz has a history of violence.
(d) Mankiewicz used to be a hippie.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what political office does Thompson decide to run?
2. What is the tone of "October?"
3. Hunter S. Thompson ends the book by discussing some drama that occurred at a large American event. What is this event?
4. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
5. "Dark Interlude" reveals what illness that Eagleton suffers from?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)