|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
(a) Thompson reveals some secrets about Eagleton.
(b) Thompson manages to call his correspondant by several filthy names.
(c) Thompson includes a few tabs of acid with the letters.
(d) Thompson reveals the sordid parties that happen with the journalists.
2. According to the subheading of "November," where is Thompson stoned?
(a) A Press conference.
(b) A football game.
(c) The Zoo Plane.
(d) A Hotel.
3. How does Thompson describe the tendencies for American party politics to even out and correct disparities?
(a) Pulley and levers.
(b) Weighted scales.
(c) Weights and balances.
(d) Pendulum swing.
4. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
(a) The students.
(b) The middle-classes.
(c) The rich businessmen.
(d) The factory workers.
5. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
(a) Dividing voters.
(b) Introducing radical new ideas with traditional promises.
(c) Targeting voters.
(d) Moving voters to another candidate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
2. In the author's discussion of the ethos of American politics, what is perception?
3. On the day of the election, where is the first place the personnel and press are taken?
4. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
5. For what political office does Thompson decide to run?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)