|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Epitaph begin?
(a) The defeat of McGovern for the presidency.
(b) The breaking news on Watergate.
(c) Nixon's inaguration for his second term.
(d) Nixon's resignation during Watergate.
2. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) As a Yippie activist.
(b) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
(c) For Communism.
(d) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
3. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
(a) Removing the tongue.
(d) A skin graft.
4. Above all else, why does the public lose its trust in Eagleton (and by extension, McGovern)?
(a) McGovern did not act quickly enough in removing Eagleton.
(b) Eagleton was meant to be a rock for the public to lean on.
(c) McGovern acted too harshly against Eagleton.
(d) Eagleton lied.
5. "Dark Interlude" reveals what illness that Eagleton suffers from?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ron Ziegler?
2. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
3. Why does Thompson appear to feel relieved and more justified in his habits during "June?"
4. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
5. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)