|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson, what group was responsible for settling the South?
(d) The wealthy.
2. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
(b) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
(c) The other passengers threw him off the train.
(d) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
3. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
(b) He works for a music magazine.
(c) His editor is a known communist.
(d) His employer never served in Vietnam.
4. How does Thompson chronicle "November Concluded?"
(a) An index for the rest of the book.
(b) The form of an interview with himself and Ed.
(c) A timeline of events.
(d) An outline for a new book.
5. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
(a) Their similar drug use.
(b) Their similar boredom.
(c) Their similar self-righteousness.
(d) Their similar anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
2. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
3. What does Thompson posit as being the source of his toenail anxiety?
4. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
5. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)