|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which readers does he expect will understand his decision to defuse the situation with Mankiewicz?
(a) People who have a background in fighting.
(c) Peaceful protestors.
2. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
(a) Mankiewicz used to be a hippie.
(b) Mankiewicz notably claims to be anti-violence.
(c) Mankiewicz has a history of violence.
(d) Mankiewicz was a conscientious objector for Vietnam.
3. Whom did Bobby Kennedy refer to as "the most decent man in the Senate?"
4. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(b) At ease.
5. Why did Nixon employ Ziegler?
(a) Nixon antagonized the press too much.
(b) Nixon is a terrible public speaker.
(c) Nixon needed a more liberal counterpart.
(d) Nixon needed a man with military experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
2. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
3. Why does Thompson appear to feel relieved and more justified in his habits during "June?"
4. What two archetypes does Thompson use to further his comparison of two of the candidates to the Yin/Yang?
5. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)