|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is McGovern not able to recover from Eagleton's omissions and lies?
(a) McGovern's next vice-presidential candidate was too divisive.
(b) Eagleton should have revealed his medical history sooner.
(c) Nixon undermined McGovern's efforts to save face.
(d) McGovern did nothing for the public to put faith in him.
2. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
(a) McGovern's shady past.
(b) McGovern's lack of public speaking skills.
(c) McGovern's lack of success in the polls.
(d) McGovern's inability to make a firm decision.
3. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
(a) A party.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A be-in.
(d) A concert.
4. During the campaign Thomas reminisces about in "August," what did the police use to control the crowd?
(b) Riot shields.
(c) Noxious gasses.
5. Who does Thompson discuss as the reason for his own disillusionment in "November Continued"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thompson describe the "yin" of the Yin/Yang?
2. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
3. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
4. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
5. How many aircraft are generally used on the campaign trail?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)