|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
(a) Thompson single-handedly calls out an entire governmental branch on their corruption.
(b) Thompson marries into a famous family.
(c) Thompson wins the Pulitzer.
(d) He has a rebellious image, though everyone tolerates him.
2. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A retirement community.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A university.
(d) A factory.
3. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
(a) They boo Wallace out of the ballroom.
(b) They embrace him as their own.
(c) They are not happy with what Wallace was saying.
(d) They take his statements and promises seriously and give him their support.
4. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
(a) McGovern's lack of public speaking skills.
(b) McGovern's inability to make a firm decision.
(c) McGovern's shady past.
(d) McGovern's lack of success in the polls.
5. During the flight in "November," to whom is Thompson referring when he discusses "rebellion amongst the docile"?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The constituents.
(c) The speech writers.
(d) The journalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
2. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
3. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
4. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
5. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)