|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
(a) George McGovern.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Bobby Kennedy.
(d) Timothy Leary.
2. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
(a) The amount of work they can do.
(b) The censorship.
(c) The presence of Mankiewicz.
(d) The lack of interviews with the candidates.
3. During the campaign Thomas reminisces about in "August," what did the police use to control the crowd?
(b) Noxious gasses.
(d) Riot shields.
4. According to Thompson, who was most notably not a target when Bobby Kennedy was assassinated?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) George Meany.
(c) Rosey Grier.
(d) George Wallace.
5. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
(a) Mankiewicz cannot handle publicity.
(b) Mankiewicz is not tough enough on McGovern.
(c) Mankiewicz is increasingly more volatile.
(d) Mankiewicz is intoxicated in public too often.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
2. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
3. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
4. In 1972, how much did it cost each day to run a political campaign?
5. Who is Ron Ziegler?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)