|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson, because of their origins, who do Southerners respect?
(a) Self-made businessmen.
(b) Worldly people.
(c) Leaders from the Civil Rights movement.
(d) Accomplished con men.
2. How did the passengers of Thompson's plane react to others trying to join them on their flight?
(a) The journalists force the newcomers to get high before getting on the plane.
(b) The journalists only allow other politicians on board if McGovern joins them.
(c) The journalists welcome everyone on board.
(d) The journalists refuse entry to everyone else.
3. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
(a) A be-in.
(b) A concert.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A party.
4. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They all clamor for his autograph.
(b) They look down on him.
(c) They embarrass him.
(d) They are happy to see him.
5. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
2. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
3. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
4. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
5. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)