|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "November Continued," what is the reputation of the journalists Thompson travels with?
(a) They are talentless hacks.
(b) They are responsible writers.
(c) They are angry speech writers.
(d) They are vitriolic gossip hounds.
2. How did the passengers of Thompson's plane react to others trying to join them on their flight?
(a) The journalists refuse entry to everyone else.
(b) The journalists welcome everyone on board.
(c) The journalists force the newcomers to get high before getting on the plane.
(d) The journalists only allow other politicians on board if McGovern joins them.
3. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(a) At ease.
4. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A fox getting caught in a trap.
(b) A vulture picking at carrion.
(c) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(d) A cat being cornered by a dog.
5. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) John Lindsay.
(c) Edmund Muskie.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ron Ziegler?
2. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
3. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
4. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
5. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)