|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(a) South Carolina.
2. According to the subheading of "November," where is Thompson stoned?
(a) A football game.
(b) A Hotel.
(c) The Zoo Plane.
(d) A Press conference.
3. What happens between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August?"
(a) Thompson buys the other man a drink.
(b) Mankiewicz reveals some campaign secrets to Thompson.
(c) Thompson is assaulted by the other man.
(d) Thompson crashes his motorcycle into Mankiewicz's car.
4. Who is Ron Ziegler?
(a) Nixon's personal PR representative.
(b) Nixon's vice-president.
(c) Nixon's secretary of state.
(d) Nixon's speech writer.
5. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
(a) McGovern's inability to make a firm decision.
(b) McGovern's shady past.
(c) McGovern's lack of success in the polls.
(d) McGovern's lack of public speaking skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
2. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
3. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
4. During "August," from his memory of a previous campaign, what is Thompson primarily concerned about?
5. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)