|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson feel about Nixon's circle of people?
(a) He finds them untrustworthy.
(b) He finds them to be patriotic.
(c) He finds them to be worthy of respect.
(d) He finds them to be very in touch with the public.
2. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(c) South Carolina.
3. In "September," what does Thompson name as being the real problem behind the shrinking middle class?
(a) Sexism and racism in the workplace.
(c) Public policy.
(d) Unfair wages.
4. What does Thompson posit as being the source of his toenail anxiety?
5. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
(a) The Nixon voters.
(b) The Wallace voters.
(c) The Muskie voters.
(d) The McCarthy voters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation does Thompson make to the readers about his intoxication on the airplane?
2. What two people does Thompson compare to the Yin/Yang?
3. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
4. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
5. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)