|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Thompson's own words, what does he initially admit to believing about Mankiewicz?
(a) Mankiewicz is a coward.
(b) Mankiewicz is justified in his actions against the author.
(c) Mankiewicz is a gentleman.
(d) Mankiewicz is a pansy.
2. According to Thompson, what sort of person is considered to be more of the "yang" in the Yin/Yang?
(a) The liar.
(b) The manipulative person.
(c) The smarter preson.
(d) The direct person.
3. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
(a) Tight ends.
(c) The rook.
4. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Class issues.
(b) Kent State.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) Legalization of marijuana.
5. What revelation does Thompson make to the readers about his intoxication on the airplane?
(a) The atmospheric change sobers him up.
(b) The liquor on the plane is superior to his own.
(c) The other journalists are only pretending to be stoned.
(d) The other journalists are similarly high.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
2. What does the author believe occurs within Nixon's organization that helps to account for Nixon's success?
3. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
4. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
5. After "November," what form does Thompson's writing take for the rest of the book?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)