|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
(b) Police officers.
(c) Other journalists.
(d) Campaign managers.
2. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(b) He is caught with hashish.
(c) He refuses to remove his hat.
(d) He punches Mankiewicz.
3. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
(a) Respect for everyone.
(c) Clean living.
4. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
5. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
Short Answer Questions
1. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
2. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
3. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
4. What are some of the activities that take place on the wilder plane during the campaign?
5. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)