|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the flight in "November," to whom is Thompson referring when he discusses "rebellion amongst the docile"?
(a) The speech writers.
(b) The journalists.
(c) The constituents.
(d) The politicians.
2. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
(a) Police officers.
(b) Campaign managers.
(d) Other journalists.
3. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
4. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
(a) Their similar drug use.
(b) Their similar boredom.
(c) Their similar self-righteousness.
(d) Their similar anger.
5. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
2. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
3. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
4. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
5. In the author's estimation, how is the public beginning to view Nixon?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)