|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
(a) European immigrants.
(d) African Americans.
2. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
(a) Changing their oil.
(b) Flagging down a ride.
(c) Reconstructing the motor.
(d) Getting their car on the road.
3. Why is Thompson in his present mood in "October?"
(a) He is afraid that someone will threaten McGovern.
(b) He feels McGovern is a lost cause.
(c) He feels McGovern is going to win.
(d) He knows that the election will be a tight race.
4. In general, who flies on Thompson's preferred plane?
(d) Reserve personnel.
5. Why did Nixon employ Ziegler?
(a) Nixon is a terrible public speaker.
(b) Nixon needed a man with military experience.
(c) Nixon antagonized the press too much.
(d) Nixon needed a more liberal counterpart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
2. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
3. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
4. During "August," from his memory of a previous campaign, what is Thompson primarily concerned about?
5. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)