|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
(a) McGovern's lack of public speaking skills.
(b) McGovern's inability to make a firm decision.
(c) McGovern's lack of success in the polls.
(d) McGovern's shady past.
2. Why is Thompson angry during "June?"
(a) An article was seized before it could be sent to Rolling Stone.
(b) Someone stole his weed.
(c) He was tricked by a politician.
(d) He had his alcohol confiscated.
3. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
4. What does Thompson explain as being the result of an intense situation in regards to the reserve personnel during a campaign?
(a) The people act out.
(b) The people begin to rebel against their tight schedule.
(c) The people grow touchier.
(d) The people isolate themselves.
5. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) McGovern's campaign director.
(b) The military.
(c) The White House Press Corps.
(d) A speech writer for Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
2. On the louder of the two planes in "November Continued," what does Thompson say is present?
3. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
4. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
5. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)