|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
(b) Their votes do not actually count.
(c) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
(d) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
2. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
(a) He uses Eagleton's medical history against him.
(b) He quickly drops Eagleton from the ticket.
(c) He publicly supports Eagleton's continuance in the campaign.
(d) He pardons Eagleton's lies.
3. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
(a) A better speechwriter.
(b) A one-on-one interview with Thompson.
(c) A stronger stance on drug policies.
(d) No speechwriters.
4. What level of recognition is finally granted to Thompson during "September?"
(a) He is allowed to travel with the politicians themselves.
(b) He is finally made a member of the Presidential Press Corps.
(c) He is given an award for his campaign coverage.
(d) He is given an interview with McGovern.
5. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For Communism.
(b) As a Yippie activist.
(c) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
(d) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
2. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
3. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
4. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
5. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)