|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
(a) Thompson includes a few tabs of acid with the letters.
(b) Thompson reveals some secrets about Eagleton.
(c) Thompson reveals the sordid parties that happen with the journalists.
(d) Thompson manages to call his correspondant by several filthy names.
2. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
(a) He has a rebellious image, though everyone tolerates him.
(b) Thompson wins the Pulitzer.
(c) Thompson marries into a famous family.
(d) Thompson single-handedly calls out an entire governmental branch on their corruption.
3. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
(a) Dividing voters.
(b) Targeting voters.
(c) Introducing radical new ideas with traditional promises.
(d) Moving voters to another candidate.
4. After "November," what form does Thompson's writing take for the rest of the book?
(a) Conversational monologues.
(b) Bullet points.
(d) Scrawled notes.
5. Why must Thompson strictly adhere to the schedule set forth by the Rolling Stone?
(a) He owes the editors of Rolling Stone many favors.
(b) He will be blacklisted if he does not.
(c) He has a book coming out from their press.
(d) His contractual agreements.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
2. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
3. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
4. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
5. What revelation does Thompson make to the readers about his intoxication on the airplane?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)