|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
(a) Elderly women.
(d) Middle-aged men.
2. What two people does Thompson compare to the Yin/Yang?
(a) Nixon and McGovern.
(b) Kennedy and McCarthy.
(c) Mankiewicz and Ziegler.
(d) Wallace and Muskie.
3. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
(a) Their similar drug use.
(b) Their similar self-righteousness.
(c) Their similar anger.
(d) Their similar boredom.
4. What is a trademark of Thompson's writing, as evidenced in "June?"
(a) His factual accounts.
(b) His frequent references to celebrities.
(c) His interviews with the candidates.
(d) His ability to make connections between disparate events.
5. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
(a) It is non-existent.
(b) It is blatant and frequent.
(c) It is highly secretive.
(d) It is becoming more open.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
2. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
3. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
4. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
5. During the flight in "November," to whom is Thompson referring when he discusses "rebellion amongst the docile"?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)