|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
(b) News-hungry pigs.
(c) Failed politicians.
(d) Writers who could not sell a novel.
2. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
(a) He needs to have a meeting with McGovern.
(b) He needs to vote.
(c) He needs to finish his work.
(d) He needs to go home.
3. According to Thompson, what sort of person is considered to be more of the "yang" in the Yin/Yang?
(a) The liar.
(b) The manipulative person.
(c) The smarter preson.
(d) The direct person.
4. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
(b) The rook.
(c) Tight ends.
5. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
2. In a tongue-in-cheek reference to his employment by the "Rolling Stone," how does Thompson refer to his position as a political writer?
3. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
4. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
5. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)