|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Miami in 1972, how do the sit-ins and protests compare to Thompson's experiences on other campaign trails?
(a) They are completely effective.
(b) They are extremely mild.
(c) They are poorly organized.
(d) They are much wilder.
2. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A drug bust.
(b) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(c) A motorcycle accident.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
3. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
(a) They would bring a drug to be shared.
(b) They would arm-wrestle for a seat.
(c) They would get drunk before the flight.
(d) They would claim a certain seat.
4. Why did Nixon employ Ziegler?
(a) Nixon is a terrible public speaker.
(b) Nixon needed a man with military experience.
(c) Nixon needed a more liberal counterpart.
(d) Nixon antagonized the press too much.
5. Why is Thompson concerned about his toenails?
(a) They are growing too quickly.
(b) They are growing in a different color.
(c) They are not growing.
(d) They are flaking away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
2. What is the name of the airplane which carries the reserve personnel during the campaign of 1972?
3. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
4. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
5. What revelation does Thompson make to the readers about his intoxication on the airplane?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)