|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to those who approve of professional speech writers, what purpose do the writers serve for the politicians?
(a) The writers control the campaign.
(b) The writers enhance the politician's performance.
(c) The writers can catapult a politician to stardom with the right words.
(d) The writers are merely there to edit the speeches.
2. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Legalization of marijuana.
(b) Kent State.
(c) Class issues.
(d) Vietnam War.
3. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
(a) A party.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A concert.
(d) A be-in.
4. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
(a) George McGovern.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Edmund Muskie.
5. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
(a) The politicians refuse to rebalance the power structure within the campaign.
(b) The politicians are not honest with each other.
(c) The politicians are not allowed any secrets.
(d) The politicians cannot have any weaknesses in front of the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
2. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
3. During the campaign Thomas reminisces about in "August," what did the police use to control the crowd?
4. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
5. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)