|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
(a) He needs to vote.
(b) He needs to go home.
(c) He needs to have a meeting with McGovern.
(d) He needs to finish his work.
2. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
(a) The politicians are not honest with each other.
(b) The politicians are not allowed any secrets.
(c) The politicians cannot have any weaknesses in front of the public.
(d) The politicians refuse to rebalance the power structure within the campaign.
3. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
4. During the campaign Thomas reminisces about in "August," what did the police use to control the crowd?
(a) Riot shields.
(c) Noxious gasses.
5. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
(a) Mankiewicz has a history of violence.
(b) Mankiewicz notably claims to be anti-violence.
(c) Mankiewicz used to be a hippie.
(d) Mankiewicz was a conscientious objector for Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the passengers of Thompson's plane react to others trying to join them on their flight?
2. While traveling on airplanes, what does the author break?
3. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
4. Why is Thompson in his present mood in "October?"
5. What does Thompson believe is the source of the journalists' most common writing problem?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)