|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
(a) He is concerned of the effects it will have on the campaign.
(b) He can barely speak of it without tears.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He laughs about it.
2. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
(a) The McCarthy voters.
(b) The Muskie voters.
(c) The Wallace voters.
(d) The Nixon voters.
3. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
(a) A hospital.
(b) An automotive shop.
(c) A slaughterhouse.
(d) A library.
4. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
(a) Their similar self-righteousness.
(b) Their similar anger.
(c) Their similar drug use.
(d) Their similar boredom.
5. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
2. What two archetypes does Thompson use to further his comparison of two of the candidates to the Yin/Yang?
3. What two people does Thompson compare to the Yin/Yang?
4. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
5. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)