|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In general, who flies on Thompson's preferred plane?
(a) Reserve personnel.
2. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
(a) Reconstructing the motor.
(b) Changing their oil.
(c) Getting their car on the road.
(d) Flagging down a ride.
3. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
(a) "High comedy."
(b) "Experimental theater."
(c) "Overtly meta."
(d) "Honest artwork."
4. On the louder of the two planes in "November Continued," what does Thompson say is present?
(b) Illegal drugs.
5. Whom did Bobby Kennedy refer to as "the most decent man in the Senate?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
2. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
3. When Thompson refers to "the American Dream," what class does he posit has the most at stake in believing in that ideal?
4. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
5. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)