|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two people does Thompson compare to the Yin/Yang?
(a) Wallace and Muskie.
(b) Nixon and McGovern.
(c) Mankiewicz and Ziegler.
(d) Kennedy and McCarthy.
2. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
(a) "Experimental theater."
(b) "High comedy."
(c) "Overtly meta."
(d) "Honest artwork."
3. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) Edmund Muskie.
(d) George McGovern.
4. How many aircraft are generally used on the campaign trail?
5. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
(a) They boo Wallace out of the ballroom.
(b) They are not happy with what Wallace was saying.
(c) They take his statements and promises seriously and give him their support.
(d) They embrace him as their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
2. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
3. Why is Thompson angry during "June?"
4. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
5. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)