|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
(a) They would bring a drug to be shared.
(b) They would arm-wrestle for a seat.
(c) They would get drunk before the flight.
(d) They would claim a certain seat.
2. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
(a) Nixon will win.
(b) Wallace will win.
(c) McGovern will win.
(d) Kennedy will win.
3. After "November," what form does Thompson's writing take for the rest of the book?
(a) Conversational monologues.
(b) Scrawled notes.
(d) Bullet points.
4. In "November Continued," what is the reputation of the journalists Thompson travels with?
(a) They are responsible writers.
(b) They are vitriolic gossip hounds.
(c) They are angry speech writers.
(d) They are talentless hacks.
5. What is the tone of "October?"
(b) Excited and nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
2. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
3. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
4. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
5. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)