|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of "October?"
(a) Excited and nervous.
2. Why is Thompson angry during "June?"
(a) Someone stole his weed.
(b) He had his alcohol confiscated.
(c) He was tricked by a politician.
(d) An article was seized before it could be sent to Rolling Stone.
3. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They are all connected to powerful families in Washington, D.C.
(c) They are all women.
(d) They are of all different ethnicities.
4. In the author's estimation, how is the public beginning to view Nixon?
(a) As a folk-hero.
(b) As an honest gentleman.
(c) As a snake.
(d) As a war-mongerer.
5. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They all clamor for his autograph.
(b) They are happy to see him.
(c) They embarrass him.
(d) They look down on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
2. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
3. With whom does Thompson compare the journalists at the end of "June?"
4. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
5. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)