|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) With a collaborator.
(b) With heavy deadlines.
(c) Easily and slowly.
(d) In the shower.
2. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) Wallace's campaign.
(b) Nixon's campaign.
(c) McGovern's campaign.
(d) Muskie's campaign.
3. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
(a) It is merely a formality from the 1800s.
(b) It makes the politicians more personable to the average American.
(c) It is important that politicians visit their hometowns in this manner.
(d) It is necessary for the campaign workers to poll the constituents.
4. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
(a) A party.
(b) A be-in.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A concert.
5. According to the author, which readers does he expect will understand his decision to defuse the situation with Mankiewicz?
(a) People who have a background in fighting.
(b) Peaceful protestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
2. What level of recognition is finally granted to Thompson during "September?"
3. "Dark Interlude" reveals what illness that Eagleton suffers from?
4. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
5. According to Thompson, what sort of person is considered to be more of the "yang" in the Yin/Yang?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)