|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two people does Thompson compare to the Yin/Yang?
(a) Wallace and Muskie.
(b) Mankiewicz and Ziegler.
(c) Kennedy and McCarthy.
(d) Nixon and McGovern.
2. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
(a) The rich businessmen.
(b) The middle-classes.
(c) The factory workers.
(d) The students.
3. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They are happy to see him.
(b) They embarrass him.
(c) They look down on him.
(d) They all clamor for his autograph.
4. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Kent State.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Class issues.
(d) Legalization of marijuana.
5. In "September," what does Thompson name as being the real problem behind the shrinking middle class?
(a) Unfair wages.
(b) Sexism and racism in the workplace.
(d) Public policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
2. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
3. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
4. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
5. According to those who approve of professional speech writers, what purpose do the writers serve for the politicians?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)