|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August?"
(a) Mankiewicz reveals some campaign secrets to Thompson.
(b) Thompson crashes his motorcycle into Mankiewicz's car.
(c) Thompson is assaulted by the other man.
(d) Thompson buys the other man a drink.
2. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) Their votes do not actually count.
(b) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
(c) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
(d) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
3. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) Kent State.
(c) Legalization of marijuana.
(d) Class issues.
4. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
(c) African Americans.
5. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They are happy to see him.
(b) They embarrass him.
(c) They all clamor for his autograph.
(d) They look down on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the author's estimation, how is the public beginning to view Nixon?
2. When Thompson refers to "the American Dream," what class does he posit has the most at stake in believing in that ideal?
3. Why is Thompson in his present mood in "October?"
4. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
5. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)