|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the author's estimation, how is the public beginning to view Nixon?
(a) As an honest gentleman.
(b) As a war-mongerer.
(c) As a snake.
(d) As a folk-hero.
2. Why does Thompson appear to feel relieved and more justified in his habits during "June?"
(a) Mankiewicz shares a joint with Thompson.
(b) McGovern acknowledges his own drug use.
(c) Many members of the press have been experimenting with drugs as well.
(d) Timothy Leary comes to speak to the journalists.
3. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
4. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) McGovern's campaign.
(b) Nixon's campaign.
(c) Muskie's campaign.
(d) Wallace's campaign.
5. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
(a) Their similar self-righteousness.
(b) Their similar boredom.
(c) Their similar drug use.
(d) Their similar anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
2. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
3. What does Thompson believe is the source of the journalists' most common writing problem?
4. In "September," who does Thompson believe would have supported McGovern?
5. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)