|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) Peter Sheridan.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) Frank Mankiwiecz.
(d) Hunter S. Thompson.
2. Why is Thompson in his present mood in "October?"
(a) He feels McGovern is going to win.
(b) He knows that the election will be a tight race.
(c) He feels McGovern is a lost cause.
(d) He is afraid that someone will threaten McGovern.
3. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He punches Mankiewicz.
(b) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(c) He is caught with hashish.
(d) He refuses to remove his hat.
4. According to Thompson, what group was responsible for settling the South?
(b) The wealthy.
5. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A drug bust.
(b) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(c) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(d) A motorcycle accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ron Ziegler?
2. In "September," what does Thompson name as being the real problem behind the shrinking middle class?
3. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
4. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
5. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)