|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
(a) Edmund Muskie.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) George McGovern.
2. According to the author, which readers does he expect will understand his decision to defuse the situation with Mankiewicz?
(a) People who have a background in fighting.
(c) Peaceful protestors.
3. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
(a) Mankiewicz was a conscientious objector for Vietnam.
(b) Mankiewicz has a history of violence.
(c) Mankiewicz used to be a hippie.
(d) Mankiewicz notably claims to be anti-violence.
4. How does Thompson describe the "yin" of the Yin/Yang?
5. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
(a) They want to emulate Thompson.
(b) They are trying to get a better grasp on the younger generation.
(c) They are not coping well with cabin fever.
(d) They want to experiment while away from their loved ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
2. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
3. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
4. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
5. According to those who approve of professional speech writers, what purpose do the writers serve for the politicians?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)