|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Thompson angry during "June?"
(a) He was tricked by a politician.
(b) He had his alcohol confiscated.
(c) An article was seized before it could be sent to Rolling Stone.
(d) Someone stole his weed.
2. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
(a) Other journalists.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Campaign managers.
3. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
(a) Their similar boredom.
(b) Their similar self-righteousness.
(c) Their similar anger.
(d) Their similar drug use.
4. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
5. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) As a Yippie activist.
(b) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
(c) For Communism.
(d) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
2. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
3. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
4. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
5. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)