|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
(a) "High comedy."
(b) "Honest artwork."
(c) "Overtly meta."
(d) "Experimental theater."
2. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A library.
(c) A slaughterhouse.
(d) An automotive shop.
3. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(b) A polished appearance.
(c) Public appearances.
(d) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
4. According to Thompson, what sort of person is considered to be more of the "yang" in the Yin/Yang?
(a) The direct person.
(b) The liar.
(c) The smarter preson.
(d) The manipulative person.
5. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) A university.
(c) A factory.
(d) A retirement community.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his memory of a previous campaign, what does Thompson realize about the police officers?
2. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
3. According to Thompson, what unprecedented occurrence happens in October of 1972?
4. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
5. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)