|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
2. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
(a) A demonstration.
(b) A concert.
(c) A be-in.
(d) A party.
3. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
(a) McGovern's lack of success in the polls.
(b) McGovern's inability to make a firm decision.
(c) McGovern's shady past.
(d) McGovern's lack of public speaking skills.
4. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
(b) Removing the tongue.
(c) A skin graft.
5. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
(b) Stifling hotel rooms.
(d) Poor travel accomodations.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
2. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
3. Whom did Bobby Kennedy refer to as "the most decent man in the Senate?"
4. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
5. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)