|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To shake their hands.
(b) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
(c) To see a factory local to his hometown.
(d) To visit where his father used to work there.
2. What happens between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August?"
(a) Thompson buys the other man a drink.
(b) Thompson crashes his motorcycle into Mankiewicz's car.
(c) Thompson is assaulted by the other man.
(d) Mankiewicz reveals some campaign secrets to Thompson.
3. Why is Thompson in his present mood in "October?"
(a) He knows that the election will be a tight race.
(b) He feels McGovern is going to win.
(c) He feels McGovern is a lost cause.
(d) He is afraid that someone will threaten McGovern.
4. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
(a) Mankiewicz was a conscientious objector for Vietnam.
(b) Mankiewicz notably claims to be anti-violence.
(c) Mankiewicz used to be a hippie.
(d) Mankiewicz has a history of violence.
5. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
(a) His lack of skill.
(b) His own biases.
(c) His demograph is not exactly widespread.
(d) His lack of insight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
2. Why is Thompson angry during "June?"
3. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
4. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
5. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)