|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A university.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A retirement community.
(d) A factory.
2. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
3. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
4. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) An automotive shop.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A library.
5. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Public appearances.
(b) A polished appearance.
(c) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(d) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
2. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
3. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
4. What two people does Thompson compare to the Yin/Yang?
5. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)