|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
(b) His editor is a known communist.
(c) He works for a music magazine.
(d) His employer never served in Vietnam.
2. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
(a) The politicians cannot have any weaknesses in front of the public.
(b) The politicians refuse to rebalance the power structure within the campaign.
(c) The politicians are not honest with each other.
(d) The politicians are not allowed any secrets.
3. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) The military.
(b) McGovern's campaign director.
(c) A speech writer for Nixon.
(d) The White House Press Corps.
4. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
(b) As a Yippie activist.
(c) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
(d) For Communism.
5. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) John Lindsay.
(d) Edmund Muskie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Bobby Kennedy refer to as "the most decent man in the Senate?"
2. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
3. What does Thompson posit as being the source of his toenail anxiety?
4. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
5. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)