|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
(a) No speechwriters.
(b) A stronger stance on drug policies.
(c) A one-on-one interview with Thompson.
(d) A better speechwriter.
2. How does Thompson feel about Nixon's circle of people?
(a) He finds them untrustworthy.
(b) He finds them to be very in touch with the public.
(c) He finds them to be worthy of respect.
(d) He finds them to be patriotic.
3. According to Thompson, because of their origins, who do Southerners respect?
(a) Leaders from the Civil Rights movement.
(b) Accomplished con men.
(c) Self-made businessmen.
(d) Worldly people.
4. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
(a) Dividing voters.
(b) Targeting voters.
(c) Introducing radical new ideas with traditional promises.
(d) Moving voters to another candidate.
5. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) A retirement community.
(c) A university.
(d) A factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
2. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
3. Why does Thompson appear to feel relieved and more justified in his habits during "June?"
4. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
5. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)