|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
(a) American troops.
(d) Middle America.
2. In "September," what does Thompson name as being the real problem behind the shrinking middle class?
(a) Sexism and racism in the workplace.
(b) Unfair wages.
(c) Public policy.
3. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
4. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He is caught with hashish.
(b) He punches Mankiewicz.
(c) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(d) He refuses to remove his hat.
5. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
(b) A skin graft.
(d) Removing the tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
2. What does Thompson believe is the source of the journalists' most common writing problem?
3. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
4. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
5. Why did Nixon employ Ziegler?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)