|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
(a) Writer's block.
(c) Re-using one's work over and over.
(d) Repetition in subject matter.
2. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) A university.
(c) A factory.
(d) A retirement community.
3. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
(a) The presence of Mankiewicz.
(b) The lack of interviews with the candidates.
(c) The censorship.
(d) The amount of work they can do.
4. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(a) South Carolina.
5. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) With heavy deadlines.
(b) With a collaborator.
(c) In the shower.
(d) Easily and slowly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
2. Why is Thompson concerned about his toenails?
3. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
4. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
5. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)