|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A fox getting caught in a trap.
(b) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(c) A vulture picking at carrion.
(d) A cat being cornered by a dog.
2. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
(a) Thompson reveals the sordid parties that happen with the journalists.
(b) Thompson reveals some secrets about Eagleton.
(c) Thompson manages to call his correspondant by several filthy names.
(d) Thompson includes a few tabs of acid with the letters.
3. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
(a) They are trying to get a better grasp on the younger generation.
(b) They are not coping well with cabin fever.
(c) They want to experiment while away from their loved ones.
(d) They want to emulate Thompson.
4. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(b) He punches Mankiewicz.
(c) He is caught with hashish.
(d) He refuses to remove his hat.
5. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
(a) He says he refuses to describe himself, but actually does.
(b) It is not flattering.
(c) He is describing someone else.
(d) It is extremely flattering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
2. What does Thompson believe is the source of the journalists' most common writing problem?
3. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
4. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
5. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)