|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress like bank tellers.
(b) They dress in denim.
(c) They dress in a vintage style.
(d) They dress all in black.
2. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
(a) They are all connected to powerful families in Washington, D.C.
(b) They are wealthy.
(c) They are all women.
(d) They are of all different ethnicities.
3. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
(a) The rook.
(c) Tight ends.
4. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
(b) Pleasently routine.
5. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
(c) African Americans.
(d) European immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
2. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
3. Why is Thompson concerned about his toenails?
4. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
5. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)