|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Class issues.
(b) Legalization of marijuana.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) Kent State.
2. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
(b) Public appearances.
(c) A polished appearance.
(d) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
3. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
4. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
(a) An automotive shop.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A library.
(d) A hospital.
5. Why is Thompson angry during "June?"
(a) He was tricked by a politician.
(b) An article was seized before it could be sent to Rolling Stone.
(c) He had his alcohol confiscated.
(d) Someone stole his weed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
2. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
3. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
4. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
5. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)