|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(a) South Carolina.
2. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
(a) Eight hours a day, for two years.
(b) Eighteen hours a day, for a year and a half.
(c) Twelve hours a day, for a year.
(d) Ten hours a day, for fourteen months.
3. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They are of all different ethnicities.
(c) They are all women.
(d) They are all connected to powerful families in Washington, D.C.
4. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He can barely speak of it without tears.
(c) He is concerned of the effects it will have on the campaign.
(d) He laughs about it.
5. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Public appearances.
(b) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(c) A polished appearance.
(d) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
2. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
3. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
4. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
5. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)