|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
(a) The amount of work they can do.
(b) The lack of interviews with the candidates.
(c) The presence of Mankiewicz.
(d) The censorship.
2. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(b) A motorcycle accident.
(c) A drug bust.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
3. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
(a) Twelve hours a day, for a year.
(b) Ten hours a day, for fourteen months.
(c) Eight hours a day, for two years.
(d) Eighteen hours a day, for a year and a half.
4. What does Thompson posit as being the source of his toenail anxiety?
5. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
(b) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
(c) Their votes do not actually count.
(d) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
2. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
3. According to Thompson, what group was responsible for settling the South?
4. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
5. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)