|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They look down on him.
(b) They all clamor for his autograph.
(c) They embarrass him.
(d) They are happy to see him.
2. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(b) He refuses to remove his hat.
(c) He is caught with hashish.
(d) He punches Mankiewicz.
3. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(b) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
(c) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
(d) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
4. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
(a) Other journalists.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Campaign managers.
5. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
(a) He is describing someone else.
(b) It is not flattering.
(c) He says he refuses to describe himself, but actually does.
(d) It is extremely flattering.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
2. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
3. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
4. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
5. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)