|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thompson appear to feel relieved and more justified in his habits during "June?"
(a) Timothy Leary comes to speak to the journalists.
(b) Mankiewicz shares a joint with Thompson.
(c) McGovern acknowledges his own drug use.
(d) Many members of the press have been experimenting with drugs as well.
2. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) Nixon's campaign.
(b) Muskie's campaign.
(c) Wallace's campaign.
(d) McGovern's campaign.
3. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
(a) Their similar self-righteousness.
(b) Their similar boredom.
(c) Their similar anger.
(d) Their similar drug use.
4. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) Washington Post.
(c) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
(d) New York Times.
5. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
(c) Poor travel accomodations.
(d) Stifling hotel rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
2. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
3. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
4. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
5. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)