|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
(a) Whether to bring a date or not.
(b) The date of the event.
(c) His clothing.
(d) The socialites who would be present.
2. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) Edmund Muskie.
(c) Ted Kennedy.
(d) George McGovern.
3. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress all in black.
(b) They dress in denim.
(c) They dress in a vintage style.
(d) They dress like bank tellers.
4. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
(a) It is blatant and frequent.
(b) It is becoming more open.
(c) It is highly secretive.
(d) It is non-existent.
5. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) He works for a music magazine.
(b) His employer never served in Vietnam.
(c) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
(d) His editor is a known communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
2. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
3. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
4. What is a trademark of Thompson's writing, as evidenced in "June?"
5. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)