|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) Hunter S. Thompson.
(b) Peter Sheridan.
(c) Frank Mankiwiecz.
(d) George McGovern.
2. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
(a) Respect for everyone.
(b) Clean living.
3. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(b) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
(c) A polished appearance.
(d) Public appearances.
4. Why is Thompson concerned about his toenails?
(a) They are growing too quickly.
(b) They are growing in a different color.
(c) They are flaking away.
(d) They are not growing.
5. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
(a) Thompson single-handedly calls out an entire governmental branch on their corruption.
(b) Thompson marries into a famous family.
(c) He has a rebellious image, though everyone tolerates him.
(d) Thompson wins the Pulitzer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
2. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
3. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
4. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
5. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)