|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Public appearances.
(b) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(c) A polished appearance.
(d) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
2. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
(a) Changing their oil.
(b) Getting their car on the road.
(c) Reconstructing the motor.
(d) Flagging down a ride.
3. According to Thompson, who was most notably not a target when Bobby Kennedy was assassinated?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) Rosey Grier.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) George Meany.
4. What does Thompson posit as being the source of his toenail anxiety?
5. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) A university.
(c) A factory.
(d) A retirement community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
2. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
3. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
4. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
5. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)