|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
(a) His frequent hangovers.
(b) His snarky attitude.
(c) His unbiased observations.
(d) His obsessively frantic writing.
2. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
(a) The factory workers.
(b) The rich businessmen.
(c) The students.
(d) The middle-classes.
3. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
(a) His clothing.
(b) Whether to bring a date or not.
(c) The socialites who would be present.
(d) The date of the event.
4. What does Thompson believe is the source of the journalists' most common writing problem?
(a) The writers are becoming too reliant on sensationalistic headlines.
(b) The writers are getting lazy.
(c) The writers have nothing to write about.
(d) The writers are allowing their work to be dictated by others.
5. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
(c) Campaign manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
2. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
3. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
4. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
5. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)