|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
2. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) Nixon's campaign.
(b) Muskie's campaign.
(c) Wallace's campaign.
(d) McGovern's campaign.
3. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They embarrass him.
(b) They look down on him.
(c) They all clamor for his autograph.
(d) They are happy to see him.
4. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
(a) The Muskie voters.
(b) The McCarthy voters.
(c) The Nixon voters.
(d) The Wallace voters.
5. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
(a) Campaign manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
2. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
3. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
4. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
5. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)