|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) With a collaborator.
(b) Easily and slowly.
(c) In the shower.
(d) With heavy deadlines.
2. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
(a) He has a rebellious image, though everyone tolerates him.
(b) Thompson wins the Pulitzer.
(c) Thompson single-handedly calls out an entire governmental branch on their corruption.
(d) Thompson marries into a famous family.
3. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
(a) Joseph Kennedy.
(b) Patrick Kennedy.
(c) Bobby Kennedy.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
4. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
(a) He cannot grovel for affection.
(b) He is too cynical for them.
(c) He does not enjoy wearing nicer clothes.
(d) He is proud of being able to work every day.
5. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
(a) The socialites who would be present.
(b) His clothing.
(c) The date of the event.
(d) Whether to bring a date or not.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
2. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
3. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
4. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
5. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)