|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
(a) Their similar boredom.
(b) Their similar anger.
(c) Their similar self-righteousness.
(d) Their similar drug use.
2. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
3. What does Thompson believe is the source of the journalists' most common writing problem?
(a) The writers are getting lazy.
(b) The writers are becoming too reliant on sensationalistic headlines.
(c) The writers are allowing their work to be dictated by others.
(d) The writers have nothing to write about.
4. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
(a) His unbiased observations.
(b) His frequent hangovers.
(c) His obsessively frantic writing.
(d) His snarky attitude.
5. According to Thompson, because of their origins, who do Southerners respect?
(a) Leaders from the Civil Rights movement.
(b) Worldly people.
(c) Accomplished con men.
(d) Self-made businessmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
2. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
3. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
4. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
5. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)