|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) Washington Post.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
2. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
(b) As a Yippie activist.
(c) For Communism.
(d) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
3. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
(a) He has a rebellious image, though everyone tolerates him.
(b) Thompson single-handedly calls out an entire governmental branch on their corruption.
(c) Thompson marries into a famous family.
(d) Thompson wins the Pulitzer.
4. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
(b) Middle America.
(d) American troops.
5. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
(a) Moving voters to another candidate.
(b) Dividing voters.
(c) Introducing radical new ideas with traditional promises.
(d) Targeting voters.
Short Answer Questions
1. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
2. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
3. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
4. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
5. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)