|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
(a) It makes the politicians more personable to the average American.
(b) It is important that politicians visit their hometowns in this manner.
(c) It is merely a formality from the 1800s.
(d) It is necessary for the campaign workers to poll the constituents.
2. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(b) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
(c) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
(d) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
3. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Bobby Kennedy.
(c) Joseph Kennedy.
(d) Patrick Kennedy.
4. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) Timothy Leary.
(b) Ten thousand naked hippies.
(c) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
(d) One hundred Yippie activists.
5. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
(b) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
(c) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
(d) Their votes do not actually count.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, because of their origins, who do Southerners respect?
2. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
3. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
4. Why is Thompson angry during "June?"
5. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)