|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) Easily and slowly.
(b) In the shower.
(c) With heavy deadlines.
(d) With a collaborator.
2. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
(c) Pleasently routine.
3. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(a) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
(b) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
(c) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
4. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) The White House Press Corps.
(b) McGovern's campaign director.
(c) A speech writer for Nixon.
(d) The military.
5. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Edmund Muskie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
2. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
3. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
4. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
5. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)