|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
(a) Repetition in subject matter.
(b) Writer's block.
(c) Re-using one's work over and over.
2. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They all clamor for his autograph.
(b) They look down on him.
(c) They embarrass him.
(d) They are happy to see him.
3. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress like bank tellers.
(b) They dress in a vintage style.
(c) They dress in denim.
(d) They dress all in black.
4. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
(a) Their similar drug use.
(b) Their similar boredom.
(c) Their similar anger.
(d) Their similar self-righteousness.
5. What does Thompson posit as being the source of his toenail anxiety?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
2. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
3. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
4. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
5. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)