|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Kent State.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Class issues.
(d) Legalization of marijuana.
2. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To visit where his father used to work there.
(b) To shake their hands.
(c) To see a factory local to his hometown.
(d) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
3. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
(a) The most exposed candidate.
(b) The current President.
(c) The previous generation.
(d) The celebrities.
4. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
(a) A skin graft.
(d) Removing the tongue.
5. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson posit as being the source of his toenail anxiety?
2. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
3. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
4. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
5. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)