|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
(b) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
(c) Their votes do not actually count.
(d) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
2. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) With a collaborator.
(b) With heavy deadlines.
(c) In the shower.
(d) Easily and slowly.
3. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(b) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
(c) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
(d) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
4. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
(a) Poor travel accomodations.
(b) Stifling hotel rooms.
5. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) Peter Sheridan.
(b) Hunter S. Thompson.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) Frank Mankiwiecz.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
2. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
3. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
4. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
5. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)