|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
2. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Public appearances.
(b) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(c) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
(d) A polished appearance.
3. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
(a) It is merely a formality from the 1800s.
(b) It is necessary for the campaign workers to poll the constituents.
(c) It is important that politicians visit their hometowns in this manner.
(d) It makes the politicians more personable to the average American.
4. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) His editor is a known communist.
(b) He works for a music magazine.
(c) His employer never served in Vietnam.
(d) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
5. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
(a) His lack of insight.
(b) His demograph is not exactly widespread.
(c) His own biases.
(d) His lack of skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
2. Why is Thompson angry during "June?"
3. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
4. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
5. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)