|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
(c) Campaign manager.
2. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress like bank tellers.
(b) They dress all in black.
(c) They dress in a vintage style.
(d) They dress in denim.
3. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
(a) His frequent hangovers.
(b) His unbiased observations.
(c) His obsessively frantic writing.
(d) His snarky attitude.
4. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
(a) It is merely a formality from the 1800s.
(b) It makes the politicians more personable to the average American.
(c) It is necessary for the campaign workers to poll the constituents.
(d) It is important that politicians visit their hometowns in this manner.
5. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
(a) It is becoming more open.
(b) It is non-existent.
(c) It is highly secretive.
(d) It is blatant and frequent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
2. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
3. Why does Thompson appear to feel relieved and more justified in his habits during "June?"
4. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
5. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)