|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(d) South Carolina.
2. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(a) At ease.
3. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
(a) His lack of insight.
(b) His demograph is not exactly widespread.
(c) His own biases.
(d) His lack of skill.
4. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
(b) News-hungry pigs.
(c) Writers who could not sell a novel.
(d) Failed politicians.
5. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(b) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
(c) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
(d) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
2. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
3. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
4. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
5. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)