|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
(a) Police officers.
(b) Other journalists.
(c) Campaign managers.
2. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
(a) He is concerned of the effects it will have on the campaign.
(b) He can barely speak of it without tears.
(c) He laughs about it.
(d) He is angry.
3. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
(a) The most exposed candidate.
(b) The previous generation.
(c) The current President.
(d) The celebrities.
4. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
(a) Edmund Muskie.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) George Wallace.
5. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) Their votes do not actually count.
(b) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
(c) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
(d) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
2. With whom does Thompson compare the journalists at the end of "June?"
3. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
4. What does Thompson believe is the source of the journalists' most common writing problem?
5. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)