|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(d) South Carolina.
2. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He is caught with hashish.
(b) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(c) He punches Mankiewicz.
(d) He refuses to remove his hat.
3. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) His employer never served in Vietnam.
(b) He works for a music magazine.
(c) His editor is a known communist.
(d) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
4. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
(a) Writers who could not sell a novel.
(b) Failed politicians.
(d) News-hungry pigs.
5. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He laughs about it.
(c) He is concerned of the effects it will have on the campaign.
(d) He can barely speak of it without tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
2. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
3. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
4. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
5. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)