|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
(b) To visit where his father used to work there.
(c) To see a factory local to his hometown.
(d) To shake their hands.
2. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) A polished appearance.
(b) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(c) Public appearances.
(d) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
3. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
4. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A retirement community.
(b) A factory.
(c) A slaughterhouse.
(d) A university.
5. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
(b) European immigrants.
(c) African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
2. What is a trademark of Thompson's writing, as evidenced in "June?"
3. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
4. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
5. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)