|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
(a) The socialites who would be present.
(b) The date of the event.
(c) His clothing.
(d) Whether to bring a date or not.
2. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
(c) Middle America.
(d) American troops.
3. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
4. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
(a) Edmund Muskie.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) John Lindsay.
(d) George Wallace.
5. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
(b) Campaign manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
2. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
3. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
4. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
5. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)