|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
(b) African Americans.
(d) European immigrants.
2. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
(a) It is not flattering.
(b) He says he refuses to describe himself, but actually does.
(c) It is extremely flattering.
(d) He is describing someone else.
3. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(a) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
(b) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
(c) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
4. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(b) A motorcycle accident.
(c) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(d) A drug bust.
5. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
(d) Rolling Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
2. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
3. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
4. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
5. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)