|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(b) A vulture picking at carrion.
(c) A fox getting caught in a trap.
(d) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
2. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) Nixon's campaign.
(b) Muskie's campaign.
(c) McGovern's campaign.
(d) Wallace's campaign.
3. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
(c) African Americans.
4. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
(c) Elderly women.
(d) Middle-aged men.
5. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They are happy to see him.
(b) They embarrass him.
(c) They all clamor for his autograph.
(d) They look down on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
2. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
3. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
4. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
5. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)