|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
(b) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
(c) Their votes do not actually count.
(d) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
2. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(a) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
(b) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
(d) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
3. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
(a) Green Party.
4. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
(b) Clean living.
(d) Respect for everyone.
5. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
(a) He is proud of being able to work every day.
(b) He is too cynical for them.
(c) He cannot grovel for affection.
(d) He does not enjoy wearing nicer clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
2. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
3. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
4. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
5. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)