|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
(c) African Americans.
2. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They all clamor for his autograph.
(b) They embarrass him.
(c) They look down on him.
(d) They are happy to see him.
3. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A retirement community.
(b) A factory.
(c) A slaughterhouse.
(d) A university.
4. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(a) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
(b) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
(d) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
5. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
(a) His own biases.
(b) His lack of insight.
(c) His demograph is not exactly widespread.
(d) His lack of skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
2. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
3. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
4. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
5. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)