|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Legalization of marijuana.
(b) Kent State.
(c) Class issues.
(d) Vietnam War.
2. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A motorcycle accident.
(b) A drug bust.
(c) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(d) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
3. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
(a) The Muskie voters.
(b) The Wallace voters.
(c) The Nixon voters.
(d) The McCarthy voters.
4. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A retirement community.
(b) A factory.
(c) A university.
(d) A slaughterhouse.
5. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Patrick Kennedy.
(c) Joseph Kennedy.
(d) Bobby Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
2. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
3. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
4. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
5. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)