|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He refuses to remove his hat.
(b) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(c) He is caught with hashish.
(d) He punches Mankiewicz.
2. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
(b) Respect for everyone.
(c) Clean living.
3. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
(a) Fifty typewriters being used at once.
(b) A fax machine.
(c) A news report.
(d) A song.
4. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress like bank tellers.
(b) They dress in denim.
(c) They dress in a vintage style.
(d) They dress all in black.
5. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
(a) The most exposed candidate.
(b) The celebrities.
(c) The current President.
(d) The previous generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
2. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
3. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
4. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
5. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)