|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
(a) Reconstructing the motor.
(b) Flagging down a ride.
(c) Changing their oil.
(d) Getting their car on the road.
2. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
(b) The other passengers threw him off the train.
(c) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
(d) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
3. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) With a collaborator.
(b) Easily and slowly.
(c) With heavy deadlines.
(d) In the shower.
4. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
(a) Edmund Muskie.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) John Lindsay.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
5. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
(b) American troops.
(d) Middle America.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
2. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
3. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
4. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
5. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)