|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
(a) The socialites who would be present.
(b) His clothing.
(c) The date of the event.
(d) Whether to bring a date or not.
2. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) Ten thousand naked hippies.
(b) Timothy Leary.
(c) One hundred Yippie activists.
(d) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
3. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
(a) His frequent hangovers.
(b) His obsessively frantic writing.
(c) His unbiased observations.
(d) His snarky attitude.
4. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress all in black.
(b) They dress like bank tellers.
(c) They dress in denim.
(d) They dress in a vintage style.
5. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
(a) Joseph Kennedy.
(b) Patrick Kennedy.
(c) Bobby Kennedy.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
2. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
3. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
4. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
5. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)