|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(b) He is caught with hashish.
(c) He refuses to remove his hat.
(d) He punches Mankiewicz.
2. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
(a) Getting their car on the road.
(b) Flagging down a ride.
(c) Reconstructing the motor.
(d) Changing their oil.
3. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
(a) He is concerned of the effects it will have on the campaign.
(b) He can barely speak of it without tears.
(c) He laughs about it.
(d) He is angry.
4. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A fox getting caught in a trap.
(b) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(c) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(d) A vulture picking at carrion.
5. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Bobby Kennedy.
(c) Patrick Kennedy.
(d) Joseph Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
2. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
3. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
4. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
5. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)