|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Rolling Stone.
(d) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
2. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
(b) Respect for everyone.
(d) Clean living.
3. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A factory.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A university.
(d) A retirement community.
4. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) Peter Sheridan.
(b) Frank Mankiwiecz.
(c) Hunter S. Thompson.
(d) George McGovern.
5. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) McGovern's campaign director.
(b) A speech writer for Nixon.
(c) The White House Press Corps.
(d) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, who was most notably not a target when Bobby Kennedy was assassinated?
2. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
3. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
4. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
5. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)