|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) The White House Press Corps.
(b) McGovern's campaign director.
(c) The military.
(d) A speech writer for Nixon.
2. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) McGovern's campaign.
(b) Wallace's campaign.
(c) Nixon's campaign.
(d) Muskie's campaign.
3. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress like bank tellers.
(b) They dress all in black.
(c) They dress in a vintage style.
(d) They dress in denim.
4. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(c) At ease.
5. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
(b) European immigrants.
(c) African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
2. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
3. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
4. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
5. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)