|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February & March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) Muskie's campaign.
(b) McGovern's campaign.
(c) Nixon's campaign.
(d) Wallace's campaign.
2. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
(a) African Americans.
4. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
(a) His unbiased observations.
(b) His frequent hangovers.
(c) His snarky attitude.
(d) His obsessively frantic writing.
5. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
(a) Thompson wins the Pulitzer.
(b) He has a rebellious image, though everyone tolerates him.
(c) Thompson marries into a famous family.
(d) Thompson single-handedly calls out an entire governmental branch on their corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
2. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
3. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
4. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
5. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)