|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February & March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
(a) The previous generation.
(b) The celebrities.
(c) The most exposed candidate.
(d) The current President.
2. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
(b) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
(c) Their votes do not actually count.
(d) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
3. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
4. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
5. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
2. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
3. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
4. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
5. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)