|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February & March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
(c) Campaign manager.
2. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(b) He refuses to remove his hat.
(c) He punches Mankiewicz.
(d) He is caught with hashish.
3. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress in denim.
(b) They dress like bank tellers.
(c) They dress all in black.
(d) They dress in a vintage style.
4. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
(b) Respect for everyone.
(c) Clean living.
5. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) McGovern's campaign.
(b) Muskie's campaign.
(c) Nixon's campaign.
(d) Wallace's campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
2. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
3. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
4. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
5. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)