|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February & March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
2. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They are happy to see him.
(b) They embarrass him.
(c) They look down on him.
(d) They all clamor for his autograph.
3. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(b) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
(c) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
(d) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
4. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) Their votes do not actually count.
(b) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
(c) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
(d) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
5. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
(b) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
2. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
3. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
4. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
5. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)