|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February & March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
(a) It is not flattering.
(b) He is describing someone else.
(c) It is extremely flattering.
(d) He says he refuses to describe himself, but actually does.
2. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
(a) Other journalists.
(b) Campaign managers.
(c) Police officers.
3. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
4. According to Thompson, who was most notably not a target when Bobby Kennedy was assassinated?
(a) George Meany.
(b) Rosey Grier.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) George Wallace.
5. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
(b) Clean living.
(c) Respect for everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
2. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
3. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
4. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
5. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)