|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February & March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
(a) Writers who could not sell a novel.
(b) News-hungry pigs.
(c) Failed politicians.
2. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
(a) It is not flattering.
(b) He says he refuses to describe himself, but actually does.
(c) It is extremely flattering.
(d) He is describing someone else.
3. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They embarrass him.
(b) They all clamor for his autograph.
(c) They look down on him.
(d) They are happy to see him.
4. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
(a) He is concerned of the effects it will have on the campaign.
(b) He laughs about it.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He can barely speak of it without tears.
5. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
(c) African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
2. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
3. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
4. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
5. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)