|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February & March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
(a) His unbiased observations.
(b) His obsessively frantic writing.
(c) His snarky attitude.
(d) His frequent hangovers.
2. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
3. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
(c) European immigrants.
(d) African Americans.
4. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Kent State.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Legalization of marijuana.
(d) Class issues.
5. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
Short Answer Questions
1. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
2. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
3. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
4. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
5. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)