|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February & March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
(c) Elderly women.
(d) Middle-aged men.
2. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
(a) He says he refuses to describe himself, but actually does.
(b) He is describing someone else.
(c) It is extremely flattering.
(d) It is not flattering.
3. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
(a) His lack of insight.
(b) His demograph is not exactly widespread.
(c) His own biases.
(d) His lack of skill.
4. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress like bank tellers.
(b) They dress in denim.
(c) They dress in a vintage style.
(d) They dress all in black.
5. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
(a) The current President.
(b) The previous generation.
(c) The most exposed candidate.
(d) The celebrities.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
2. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
3. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
4. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
5. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)