|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February & March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress in a vintage style.
(b) They dress in denim.
(c) They dress all in black.
(d) They dress like bank tellers.
2. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
(a) It is not flattering.
(b) It is extremely flattering.
(c) He says he refuses to describe himself, but actually does.
(d) He is describing someone else.
3. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
(a) The most exposed candidate.
(b) The current President.
(c) The previous generation.
(d) The celebrities.
4. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
(b) African Americans.
(d) European immigrants.
5. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) Easily and slowly.
(b) With a collaborator.
(c) With heavy deadlines.
(d) In the shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
2. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
3. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
4. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
5. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)