|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
(a) Repetition in subject matter.
(b) Re-using one's work over and over.
(c) Writer's block.
2. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Patrick Kennedy.
(c) Bobby Kennedy.
(d) Joseph Kennedy.
3. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
(a) Edmund Muskie.
(b) John Lindsay.
(c) Ted Kennedy.
(d) George Wallace.
4. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
(b) One hundred Yippie activists.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies.
5. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
(a) Stifling hotel rooms.
(d) Poor travel accomodations.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
2. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
3. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
4. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
5. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)