|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the louder of the two planes in "November Continued," what does Thompson say is present?
(c) Illegal drugs.
2. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
(a) "High comedy."
(b) "Honest artwork."
(c) "Experimental theater."
(d) "Overtly meta."
3. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(a) At ease.
4. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
(a) They would arm-wrestle for a seat.
(b) They would get drunk before the flight.
(c) They would claim a certain seat.
(d) They would bring a drug to be shared.
5. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
(a) Thompson wins the Pulitzer.
(b) Thompson single-handedly calls out an entire governmental branch on their corruption.
(c) Thompson marries into a famous family.
(d) He has a rebellious image, though everyone tolerates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of what happened between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August," what do Thompson and his friend suspect Mankiewicz will do in the near-future?
2. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
3. According to Thompson, what is the death knell for the campaign?
4. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
5. During the flight in "November," to whom is Thompson referring when he discusses "rebellion amongst the docile"?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)