|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two archetypes does Thompson use to further his comparison of two of the candidates to the Yin/Yang?
(a) The lion and the lamb.
(b) The prince and the pauper.
(c) The brute and the liar.
(d) The thief and the murderer.
2. Fill in the blanks: According to Thompson, American politics have changed from being based on "charisma" to "_______ and ________."
(a) Smoke and mirrors.
(b) Ink and blood.
(c) Truth and lies.
(d) Perception and reality.
3. In Thompson's own words, what does he initially admit to believing about Mankiewicz?
(a) Mankiewicz is a gentleman.
(b) Mankiewicz is a pansy.
(c) Mankiewicz is a coward.
(d) Mankiewicz is justified in his actions against the author.
4. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
5. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
(a) Respect for everyone.
(c) Clean living.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
2. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
3. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
4. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
5. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)