|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A motorcycle accident.
(b) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(c) A drug bust.
(d) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
2. According to Thompson, what unprecedented occurrence happens in October of 1972?
(a) The Democrats turned their back on McGovern.
(b) Nixon became incredibly popular with the public.
(c) The Republicans and Democrats began to work together.
(d) The hippies began to support Nixon.
3. In Thompson's own words, what does he initially admit to believing about Mankiewicz?
(a) Mankiewicz is justified in his actions against the author.
(b) Mankiewicz is a pansy.
(c) Mankiewicz is a coward.
(d) Mankiewicz is a gentleman.
4. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
(a) They take his statements and promises seriously and give him their support.
(b) They embrace him as their own.
(c) They are not happy with what Wallace was saying.
(d) They boo Wallace out of the ballroom.
5. What is the name of the airplane which carries the reserve personnel during the campaign of 1972?
(a) Dakota Queen II.
(b) Zoo Plane.
(c) Air Force Three.
(d) Kingsport One.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
2. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
3. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
4. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
5. According to the author, in what ways can deceit be considered relatively harmless?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)