|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
(a) The students.
(b) The factory workers.
(c) The rich businessmen.
(d) The middle-classes.
2. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
(a) A baseball team.
(b) A chess game.
(c) A hockey team.
(d) A football team.
3. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A library.
(d) An automotive shop.
4. According to those who approve of professional speech writers, what purpose do the writers serve for the politicians?
(a) The writers control the campaign.
(b) The writers are merely there to edit the speeches.
(c) The writers enhance the politician's performance.
(d) The writers can catapult a politician to stardom with the right words.
5. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) Ten thousand naked hippies.
(b) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) One hundred Yippie activists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
2. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
3. When Thompson refers to "the American Dream," what class does he posit has the most at stake in believing in that ideal?
4. What is Thompson unable to explain about his preferred candidate in "October?"
5. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)