|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(b) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(c) A fox getting caught in a trap.
(d) A vulture picking at carrion.
2. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
(a) Patrick Kennedy.
(b) Bobby Kennedy.
(c) Joseph Kennedy.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
3. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Edmund Muskie.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) George Wallace.
4. According to Thompson, what is the death knell for the campaign?
(a) McGovern's distrust of Eagleton.
(b) Nixon's foreign policies.
(c) McGovern's public statement about Eagleton.
(d) McGovern's sudden shift to support the continuance of Vietnam.
5. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(c) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "June," why does Thompson compare the journalists to a particularly notorious group?
2. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
3. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
4. In "September," who does Thompson believe would have supported McGovern?
5. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)