|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
(a) He can barely speak of it without tears.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is concerned of the effects it will have on the campaign.
(d) He laughs about it.
2. "Dark Interlude" reveals what illness that Eagleton suffers from?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
3. What level of recognition is finally granted to Thompson during "September?"
(a) He is allowed to travel with the politicians themselves.
(b) He is given an interview with McGovern.
(c) He is finally made a member of the Presidential Press Corps.
(d) He is given an award for his campaign coverage.
4. What does the author believe Americans want and need?
(a) Leaders who are representatives of America's reality.
(b) Leaders who have military experience.
(c) Leaders who will take power away from the public.
(d) Leaders who will take power away from the government.
5. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) The other passengers threw him off the train.
(b) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
(c) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
(d) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
2. How many aircraft are generally used on the campaign trail?
3. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
4. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
5. What does the author believe occurs within Nixon's organization that helps to account for Nixon's success?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)