|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two people does Thompson compare to the Yin/Yang?
(a) Wallace and Muskie.
(b) Nixon and McGovern.
(c) Mankiewicz and Ziegler.
(d) Kennedy and McCarthy.
2. What does the author believe Americans want and need?
(a) Leaders who will take power away from the government.
(b) Leaders who have military experience.
(c) Leaders who will take power away from the public.
(d) Leaders who are representatives of America's reality.
3. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
(b) Writer's block.
(c) Repetition in subject matter.
(d) Re-using one's work over and over.
4. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
(a) They embrace him as their own.
(b) They take his statements and promises seriously and give him their support.
(c) They boo Wallace out of the ballroom.
(d) They are not happy with what Wallace was saying.
5. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
(a) He is proud of being able to work every day.
(b) He is too cynical for them.
(c) He cannot grovel for affection.
(d) He does not enjoy wearing nicer clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plane does Thompson decide better fits his personality in "November Continued?"
2. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
3. According to Thompson, what concept really controls the voting and polls in politics?
4. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
5. According to Thompson, what sort of person is considered to be more of the "yang" in the Yin/Yang?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)