|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe Americans want and need?
(a) Leaders who have military experience.
(b) Leaders who are representatives of America's reality.
(c) Leaders who will take power away from the government.
(d) Leaders who will take power away from the public.
2. At the writing of this book, what do Americans realize about politics?
(a) Politicians cannot readily pull troops in and out of a country.
(b) They are deceptive.
(c) Politicians are not really in charge.
(d) American votes do force change.
3. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
4. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
5. Why does Thompson appear to feel relieved and more justified in his habits during "June?"
(a) Timothy Leary comes to speak to the journalists.
(b) Mankiewicz shares a joint with Thompson.
(c) McGovern acknowledges his own drug use.
(d) Many members of the press have been experimenting with drugs as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
2. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
3. When Thompson refers to "the American Dream," what class does he posit has the most at stake in believing in that ideal?
4. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
5. According to Thompson, what group was responsible for settling the South?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)