|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
(b) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
(c) Their votes do not actually count.
(d) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
2. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
3. According to Thompson, what concept really controls the voting and polls in politics?
(a) The stance on the Vietnam War.
(b) Perception of the candidate.
(c) How well the politicians can speak.
(d) The intensity a politician will bring to a speech.
4. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
5. Why is Thompson in his present mood in "October?"
(a) He feels McGovern is a lost cause.
(b) He feels McGovern is going to win.
(c) He knows that the election will be a tight race.
(d) He is afraid that someone will threaten McGovern.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
2. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
3. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
4. Fill in the blanks: According to Thompson, American politics have changed from being based on "charisma" to "_______ and ________."
5. According to Thompson, what unprecedented occurrence happens in October of 1972?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)