|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to those who disapprove of professional speech writers, what is revealed when politicians use these writers?
(a) False promises.
(b) A lack of direct thought.
(c) The inability of people to think for themselves.
(d) The artifice of politics.
2. In "November," what begins to plague the author?
(b) Tingling in his limbs.
(c) Irregular heartbeats.
3. In Miami in 1972, how do the sit-ins and protests compare to Thompson's experiences on other campaign trails?
(a) They are extremely mild.
(b) They are much wilder.
(c) They are poorly organized.
(d) They are completely effective.
4. What level of recognition is finally granted to Thompson during "September?"
(a) He is finally made a member of the Presidential Press Corps.
(b) He is allowed to travel with the politicians themselves.
(c) He is given an interview with McGovern.
(d) He is given an award for his campaign coverage.
5. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
(a) The date of the event.
(b) The socialites who would be present.
(c) Whether to bring a date or not.
(d) His clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
2. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
3. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
4. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
5. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)