|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
(a) Dividing voters.
(b) Introducing radical new ideas with traditional promises.
(c) Targeting voters.
(d) Moving voters to another candidate.
2. In "September," who does Thompson believe would have supported McGovern?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Amelia Earhart.
3. According to the author, which readers does he expect will understand his decision to defuse the situation with Mankiewicz?
(c) Peaceful protestors.
(d) People who have a background in fighting.
4. According to the subheading of "November," where is Thompson stoned?
(a) A football game.
(b) A Hotel.
(c) A Press conference.
(d) The Zoo Plane.
5. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) Muskie's campaign.
(b) Nixon's campaign.
(c) McGovern's campaign.
(d) Wallace's campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
2. How many aircraft are generally used on the campaign trail?
3. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
4. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
5. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)