|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Thompson's own words, what does he initially admit to believing about Mankiewicz?
(a) Mankiewicz is justified in his actions against the author.
(b) Mankiewicz is a gentleman.
(c) Mankiewicz is a coward.
(d) Mankiewicz is a pansy.
2. What did Eagleton refuse to disclose to the public and to his own party?
(a) Mental health records.
(b) His police records.
(c) His marriage license.
(d) His military records.
3. What does Thompson explain as being the result of an intense situation in regards to the reserve personnel during a campaign?
(a) The people grow touchier.
(b) The people act out.
(c) The people isolate themselves.
(d) The people begin to rebel against their tight schedule.
4. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) George McGovern.
(b) Peter Sheridan.
(c) Frank Mankiwiecz.
(d) Hunter S. Thompson.
5. What two people does Thompson compare to the Yin/Yang?
(a) Wallace and Muskie.
(b) Nixon and McGovern.
(c) Kennedy and McCarthy.
(d) Mankiewicz and Ziegler.
Short Answer Questions
1. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
2. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
3. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
4. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
5. According to Thompson, who was most notably not a target when Bobby Kennedy was assassinated?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)