|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blanks: According to Thompson, American politics have changed from being based on "charisma" to "_______ and ________."
(a) Ink and blood.
(b) Smoke and mirrors.
(c) Perception and reality.
(d) Truth and lies.
2. How did the passengers of Thompson's plane react to others trying to join them on their flight?
(a) The journalists only allow other politicians on board if McGovern joins them.
(b) The journalists refuse entry to everyone else.
(c) The journalists force the newcomers to get high before getting on the plane.
(d) The journalists welcome everyone on board.
3. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
4. After "November," what form does Thompson's writing take for the rest of the book?
(a) Conversational monologues.
(b) Scrawled notes.
(d) Bullet points.
5. What revelation does Thompson make to the readers about his intoxication on the airplane?
(a) The other journalists are only pretending to be stoned.
(b) The liquor on the plane is superior to his own.
(c) The atmospheric change sobers him up.
(d) The other journalists are similarly high.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
2. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
3. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
4. When Thompson refers to "the American Dream," what class does he posit has the most at stake in believing in that ideal?
5. What did Eagleton refuse to disclose to the public and to his own party?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)