|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
(a) A stronger stance on drug policies.
(b) A better speechwriter.
(c) No speechwriters.
(d) A one-on-one interview with Thompson.
2. In "September," who does Thompson believe would have supported McGovern?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Amelia Earhart.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. On the louder of the two planes in "November Continued," what does Thompson say is present?
(b) Illegal drugs.
4. In the author's discussion of the ethos of American politics, what is perception?
(a) The way a person actually is.
(b) The way a person tries to behave.
(c) The way a person appears to be.
(d) The way a person will emulate another.
5. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
(a) They are not happy with what Wallace was saying.
(b) They take his statements and promises seriously and give him their support.
(c) They boo Wallace out of the ballroom.
(d) They embrace him as their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
2. Why does Thompson appear to feel relieved and more justified in his habits during "June?"
3. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
4. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
5. Whom did Bobby Kennedy refer to as "the most decent man in the Senate?"
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)