|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A drug bust.
(b) A motorcycle accident.
(c) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
2. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
(a) The rich businessmen.
(b) The factory workers.
(c) The middle-classes.
(d) The students.
3. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
(a) Failed politicians.
(c) Writers who could not sell a novel.
(d) News-hungry pigs.
4. What does Thompson believe is the source of the journalists' most common writing problem?
(a) The writers are getting lazy.
(b) The writers are becoming too reliant on sensationalistic headlines.
(c) The writers have nothing to write about.
(d) The writers are allowing their work to be dictated by others.
5. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
(b) Repetition in subject matter.
(c) Writer's block.
(d) Re-using one's work over and over.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, what unprecedented occurrence happens in October of 1972?
2. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
3. When Thompson refers to "the American Dream," what class does he posit has the most at stake in believing in that ideal?
4. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
5. What happens between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August?"
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)