|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
(a) Changing their oil.
(b) Flagging down a ride.
(c) Reconstructing the motor.
(d) Getting their car on the road.
2. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
(a) Mankiewicz should have a drink with Thompson.
(b) Mankiewicz should apologize.
(c) Thompson should probably leave.
(d) Thompson should apologize.
3. According to Thompson, what is the death knell for the campaign?
(a) Nixon's foreign policies.
(b) McGovern's sudden shift to support the continuance of Vietnam.
(c) McGovern's distrust of Eagleton.
(d) McGovern's public statement about Eagleton.
4. What is the tone of "October?"
(a) Excited and nervous.
5. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
2. According to Thompson, what concept really controls the voting and polls in politics?
3. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
4. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
5. How does Thompson describe the "yin" of the Yin/Yang?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)