|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Thompson strictly adhere to the schedule set forth by the Rolling Stone?
(a) He owes the editors of Rolling Stone many favors.
(b) His contractual agreements.
(c) He has a book coming out from their press.
(d) He will be blacklisted if he does not.
2. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
(a) The presence of Mankiewicz.
(b) The lack of interviews with the candidates.
(c) The censorship.
(d) The amount of work they can do.
3. Who does Thompson discuss as the reason for his own disillusionment in "November Continued"?
4. In Miami in 1972, how do the sit-ins and protests compare to Thompson's experiences on other campaign trails?
(a) They are much wilder.
(b) They are extremely mild.
(c) They are poorly organized.
(d) They are completely effective.
5. What is the name of the airplane which carries the reserve personnel during the campaign of 1972?
(a) Dakota Queen II.
(b) Air Force Three.
(c) Zoo Plane.
(d) Kingsport One.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
2. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
3. What does Thompson posit as being the source of his toenail anxiety?
4. What revelation does Thompson make to the readers about his intoxication on the airplane?
5. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)