|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of "October?"
(b) Excited and nervous.
2. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
(a) Nixon will win.
(b) Kennedy will win.
(c) Wallace will win.
(d) McGovern will win.
3. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
(a) They would bring a drug to be shared.
(b) They would arm-wrestle for a seat.
(c) They would get drunk before the flight.
(d) They would claim a certain seat.
4. During "August," from his memory of a previous campaign, what is Thompson primarily concerned about?
(a) Hanging on to his bag of marijuana.
(b) Helping a young hippie get some first aid.
(c) Recording every badge number of every police officer who used unnecessary force.
(d) Washing the gas from his eyes.
5. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Public appearances.
(b) A polished appearance.
(c) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
(d) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a tongue-in-cheek reference to his employment by the "Rolling Stone," how does Thompson refer to his position as a political writer?
2. Above all else, why does the public lose its trust in Eagleton (and by extension, McGovern)?
3. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
4. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
5. In Miami in 1972, how do the sit-ins and protests compare to Thompson's experiences on other campaign trails?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)