|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson believe is the source of the journalists' most common writing problem?
(a) The writers are getting lazy.
(b) The writers have nothing to write about.
(c) The writers are allowing their work to be dictated by others.
(d) The writers are becoming too reliant on sensationalistic headlines.
2. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
(a) African Americans.
(d) European immigrants.
3. According to Thompson, what unprecedented occurrence happens in October of 1972?
(a) Nixon became incredibly popular with the public.
(b) The hippies began to support Nixon.
(c) The Democrats turned their back on McGovern.
(d) The Republicans and Democrats began to work together.
4. At the writing of this book, what do Americans realize about politics?
(a) Politicians are not really in charge.
(b) Politicians cannot readily pull troops in and out of a country.
(c) American votes do force change.
(d) They are deceptive.
5. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
(a) Failed politicians.
(c) Writers who could not sell a novel.
(d) News-hungry pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "June," what is significant about drug use among the journalists?
2. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
3. Despite medical issues, what is Thompson's main concern during November?
4. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
5. What is the tone of "October?"
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)