|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
(b) Green Party.
2. In "November Continued," who is barred from flying with Thompson and the others on their plane?
(a) The stewardesses.
(b) The political staff.
(c) The journalists.
(d) The politician's families.
3. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
(a) He does not enjoy wearing nicer clothes.
(b) He is proud of being able to work every day.
(c) He is too cynical for them.
(d) He cannot grovel for affection.
4. When Thompson refers to "the American Dream," what class does he posit has the most at stake in believing in that ideal?
(a) The illegal immigrants.
(b) The upper class.
(c) The lower class.
(d) The middle class.
5. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
(a) The Wallace voters.
(b) The Nixon voters.
(c) The Muskie voters.
(d) The McCarthy voters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the author's estimation, how is the public beginning to view Nixon?
2. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
3. During the flight in "November," to whom is Thompson referring when he discusses "rebellion amongst the docile"?
4. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
5. According to Thompson, because of their origins, who do Southerners respect?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)