|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) McGovern's campaign director.
(b) A speech writer for Nixon.
(c) The military.
(d) The White House Press Corps.
2. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
(a) He is describing someone else.
(b) It is extremely flattering.
(c) He says he refuses to describe himself, but actually does.
(d) It is not flattering.
3. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He is caught with hashish.
(b) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(c) He refuses to remove his hat.
(d) He punches Mankiewicz.
4. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Rolling Stone.
(d) Washington Post.
5. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
2. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
3. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
4. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
5. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)