|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) McGovern's campaign director.
(b) The White House Press Corps.
(c) A speech writer for Nixon.
(d) The military.
2. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(b) He refuses to remove his hat.
(c) He is caught with hashish.
(d) He punches Mankiewicz.
3. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) With heavy deadlines.
(b) With a collaborator.
(c) Easily and slowly.
(d) In the shower.
4. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(b) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(c) A drug bust.
(d) A motorcycle accident.
5. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
(a) The celebrities.
(b) The current President.
(c) The most exposed candidate.
(d) The previous generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
2. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
3. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
4. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
5. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)