|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
(b) Rolling Stone.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Washington Post.
2. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
3. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(b) At ease.
4. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
(d) Campaign manager.
5. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
(a) The lack of interviews with the candidates.
(b) The presence of Mankiewicz.
(c) The amount of work they can do.
(d) The censorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
2. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
3. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
4. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
5. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)