|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) With heavy deadlines.
(b) With a collaborator.
(c) In the shower.
(d) Easily and slowly.
2. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
3. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A motorcycle accident.
(b) A drug bust.
(c) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
4. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
(a) The Nixon voters.
(b) The Muskie voters.
(c) The McCarthy voters.
(d) The Wallace voters.
5. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
(a) McGovern's campaign.
(b) Wallace's campaign.
(c) Nixon's campaign.
(d) Muskie's campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
2. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
3. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
4. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
5. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)