|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
(b) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
(c) For Communism.
(d) As a Yippie activist.
2. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) Class issues.
(c) Legalization of marijuana.
(d) Kent State.
3. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They embarrass him.
(b) They are happy to see him.
(c) They all clamor for his autograph.
(d) They look down on him.
4. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
(c) Clean living.
(d) Respect for everyone.
5. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
2. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
3. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
4. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
5. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)