|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
(a) Eight hours a day, for two years.
(b) Twelve hours a day, for a year.
(c) Eighteen hours a day, for a year and a half.
(d) Ten hours a day, for fourteen months.
2. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
(a) The Muskie voters.
(b) The McCarthy voters.
(c) The Wallace voters.
(d) The Nixon voters.
3. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) A polished appearance.
(b) Public appearances.
(c) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(d) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
4. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
(a) The celebrities.
(b) The most exposed candidate.
(c) The current President.
(d) The previous generation.
5. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
2. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
3. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
4. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
5. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)