|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Washington Post.
2. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
(a) He says he refuses to describe himself, but actually does.
(b) It is not flattering.
(c) He is describing someone else.
(d) It is extremely flattering.
3. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) The other passengers threw him off the train.
(b) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
(c) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
(d) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
4. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
(a) Stifling hotel rooms.
(d) Poor travel accomodations.
5. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
2. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
3. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
4. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
5. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)