|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress in denim.
(b) They dress like bank tellers.
(c) They dress all in black.
(d) They dress in a vintage style.
2. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) Easily and slowly.
(b) With heavy deadlines.
(c) In the shower.
(d) With a collaborator.
3. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) Their votes do not actually count.
(b) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
(c) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
(d) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
4. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
(a) The Wallace voters.
(b) The McCarthy voters.
(c) The Nixon voters.
(d) The Muskie voters.
5. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
(a) African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
2. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
3. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
4. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
5. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)