|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
(a) His snarky attitude.
(b) His frequent hangovers.
(c) His unbiased observations.
(d) His obsessively frantic writing.
2. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
3. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
(b) A polished appearance.
(c) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(d) Public appearances.
4. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
(a) The presence of Mankiewicz.
(b) The amount of work they can do.
(c) The lack of interviews with the candidates.
(d) The censorship.
5. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
(a) He is proud of being able to work every day.
(b) He is too cynical for them.
(c) He does not enjoy wearing nicer clothes.
(d) He cannot grovel for affection.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
2. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
3. What campaign is Thompson covering in "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72?"
4. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
5. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)