|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
(b) Pleasently routine.
2. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
3. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
4. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
(b) For Communism.
(c) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
(d) As a Yippie activist.
5. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) Frank Mankiwiecz.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) Peter Sheridan.
(d) Hunter S. Thompson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Thompson's description of himself in the Introduction?
2. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
3. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
4. According to Thompson, who was most notably not a target when Bobby Kennedy was assassinated?
5. Fill in the blank: Journalists can only view ______ as being either worthy of respect or derision.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)