|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson, what vote do the politicians generally look down upon?
(b) Middle-aged men.
(c) Elderly women.
2. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
3. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
(a) Easily and slowly.
(b) In the shower.
(c) With heavy deadlines.
(d) With a collaborator.
4. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) A retirement community.
(c) A factory.
(d) A university.
5. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(b) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(c) A motorcycle accident.
(d) A drug bust.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
2. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
3. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
4. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
5. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)