|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Washington Post.
2. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
(a) They are of all different ethnicities.
(b) They are all connected to powerful families in Washington, D.C.
(c) They are all women.
(d) They are wealthy.
3. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(b) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
(c) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
(d) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
4. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) A library.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An automotive shop.
5. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
(a) The lack of interviews with the candidates.
(b) The censorship.
(c) The amount of work they can do.
(d) The presence of Mankiewicz.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
2. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
3. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
4. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
5. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)