|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the younger generation tend to vote like?
(a) The most exposed candidate.
(b) The celebrities.
(c) The current President.
(d) The previous generation.
2. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) Their votes do not actually count.
(b) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
(c) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
(d) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
3. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
(a) He cannot grovel for affection.
(b) He is proud of being able to work every day.
(c) He is too cynical for them.
(d) He does not enjoy wearing nicer clothes.
4. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
5. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
2. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
3. How does Thompson prefer to do his work?
4. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
5. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)