|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout "March," which politician does Thompson particularly focus on?
(a) John Lindsay.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) Edmund Muskie.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
2. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For Communism.
(b) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
(c) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
(d) As a Yippie activist.
3. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) The military.
(b) A speech writer for Nixon.
(c) The White House Press Corps.
(d) McGovern's campaign director.
4. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
(a) His snarky attitude.
(b) His frequent hangovers.
(c) His unbiased observations.
(d) His obsessively frantic writing.
5. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
(a) The Muskie voters.
(b) The Nixon voters.
(c) The McCarthy voters.
(d) The Wallace voters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
2. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
3. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
4. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
5. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)