|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
(a) Edmund Muskie.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) Ted Kennedy.
(d) George Wallace.
2. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
(a) Bobby Kennedy.
(b) Patrick Kennedy.
(c) Joseph Kennedy.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
3. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
(b) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
(c) The other passengers threw him off the train.
(d) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
4. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
(c) Green Party.
5. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(c) At ease.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
2. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
3. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
4. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
5. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)