|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
2. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A drug bust.
(b) A motorcycle accident.
(c) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
3. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(a) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
(c) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
(d) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
4. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A vulture picking at carrion.
(b) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(c) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(d) A fox getting caught in a trap.
5. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
(b) Ten thousand naked hippies.
(c) One hundred Yippie activists.
(d) Timothy Leary.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
2. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
3. Which Kennedy does the Democratic party consider nominating?
4. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
5. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)