|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) Peter Sheridan.
(b) Hunter S. Thompson.
(c) Frank Mankiwiecz.
(d) George McGovern.
2. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He is caught with hashish.
(b) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(c) He punches Mankiewicz.
(d) He refuses to remove his hat.
3. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
4. Why does the author posit that politicians dismiss a certain type of vote in "January"?
(a) The vote will be as divided as the previous generation's vote.
(b) Their votes do not actually count.
(c) The members of that group usually vote for the least likely candidate.
(d) Very few members of that group will actually vote.
5. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
2. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
3. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
4. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
5. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)