|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(b) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(c) A motorcycle accident.
(d) A drug bust.
2. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
(a) Eighteen hours a day, for a year and a half.
(b) Ten hours a day, for fourteen months.
(c) Eight hours a day, for two years.
(d) Twelve hours a day, for a year.
3. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
4. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
(a) African Americans.
5. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
(a) Fifty typewriters being used at once.
(b) A news report.
(c) A song.
(d) A fax machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
2. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
3. What does Thompson openly acknowledge about his work in "February & March?"
4. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
5. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)