|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He punches Mankiewicz.
(b) He refuses to remove his hat.
(c) He is caught with hashish.
(d) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
2. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
(c) Green Party.
3. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) A hospital.
(c) An automotive shop.
(d) A library.
4. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
5. At the time of this book, who employed Thompson?
(a) Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) Rolling Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
2. What is Hunter S. Thompson's occupation?
3. Besides alcohol, what drug does Thompson readily admit to using regularly?
4. According to Thompson's anecdote, in "February & March," where does McCarthy go to gain favor with the working class?
5. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)