|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He is caught with hashish.
(b) He punches Mankiewicz.
(c) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(d) He refuses to remove his hat.
2. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(d) At ease.
3. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
4. Although Kennedy would not be likely to win the state of Georgia, what key city could he almost definitely win?
5. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To shake their hands.
(b) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
(c) To visit where his father used to work there.
(d) To see a factory local to his hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
2. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
3. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
4. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
5. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)