|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They embarrass him.
(b) They look down on him.
(c) They are happy to see him.
(d) They all clamor for his autograph.
2. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
3. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
(a) The socialites who would be present.
(b) His clothing.
(c) Whether to bring a date or not.
(d) The date of the event.
4. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A drug bust.
(b) A motorcycle accident.
(c) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
5. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To shake their hands.
(b) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
(c) To visit where his father used to work there.
(d) To see a factory local to his hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
2. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
3. What level of recognition is finally granted to Thompson during "September?"
4. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
5. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)