|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
(a) He pardons Eagleton's lies.
(b) He publicly supports Eagleton's continuance in the campaign.
(c) He quickly drops Eagleton from the ticket.
(d) He uses Eagleton's medical history against him.
2. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
(a) He is proud of being able to work every day.
(b) He is too cynical for them.
(c) He cannot grovel for affection.
(d) He does not enjoy wearing nicer clothes.
3. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
(a) Dividing voters.
(b) Moving voters to another candidate.
(c) Targeting voters.
(d) Introducing radical new ideas with traditional promises.
4. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
5. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
(b) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
(c) For Communism.
(d) As a Yippie activist.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
2. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
3. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
4. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
5. What level of recognition is finally granted to Thompson during "September?"
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)