|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
(a) A better speechwriter.
(b) A stronger stance on drug policies.
(c) No speechwriters.
(d) A one-on-one interview with Thompson.
2. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
(a) A football team.
(b) A baseball team.
(c) A chess game.
(d) A hockey team.
3. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
(a) Bobby Kennedy.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) George McGovern.
4. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
(a) It is important that politicians visit their hometowns in this manner.
(b) It makes the politicians more personable to the average American.
(c) It is necessary for the campaign workers to poll the constituents.
(d) It is merely a formality from the 1800s.
5. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
2. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
3. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
4. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
5. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)