|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "September," what does Thompson name as being the real problem behind the shrinking middle class?
(a) Public policy.
(c) Unfair wages.
(d) Sexism and racism in the workplace.
2. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To see a factory local to his hometown.
(b) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
(c) To shake their hands.
(d) To visit where his father used to work there.
3. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
(a) The date of the event.
(b) His clothing.
(c) Whether to bring a date or not.
(d) The socialites who would be present.
4. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He punches Mankiewicz.
(b) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(c) He is caught with hashish.
(d) He refuses to remove his hat.
5. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
(b) Stifling hotel rooms.
(c) Poor travel accomodations.
Short Answer Questions
1. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
2. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
3. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
4. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
5. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)