|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(d) South Carolina.
2. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
(a) "Experimental theater."
(b) "High comedy."
(c) "Honest artwork."
(d) "Overtly meta."
3. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(b) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
(c) A polished appearance.
(d) Public appearances.
4. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
(a) A hockey team.
(b) A chess game.
(c) A baseball team.
(d) A football team.
5. What level of recognition is finally granted to Thompson during "September?"
(a) He is given an award for his campaign coverage.
(b) He is given an interview with McGovern.
(c) He is allowed to travel with the politicians themselves.
(d) He is finally made a member of the Presidential Press Corps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
2. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
3. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
4. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
5. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)