|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ron Ziegler?
(a) Nixon's vice-president.
(b) Nixon's speech writer.
(c) Nixon's personal PR representative.
(d) Nixon's secretary of state.
2. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) A speech writer for Nixon.
(b) The military.
(c) McGovern's campaign director.
(d) The White House Press Corps.
3. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
4. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) His editor is a known communist.
(b) He works for a music magazine.
(c) His employer never served in Vietnam.
(d) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
5. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
2. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
3. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
4. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
5. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)