|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
(a) Introducing radical new ideas with traditional promises.
(b) Moving voters to another candidate.
(c) Dividing voters.
(d) Targeting voters.
2. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
(a) Thompson reveals some secrets about Eagleton.
(b) Thompson reveals the sordid parties that happen with the journalists.
(c) Thompson includes a few tabs of acid with the letters.
(d) Thompson manages to call his correspondant by several filthy names.
3. According to Thompson, because of their origins, who do Southerners respect?
(a) Accomplished con men.
(b) Leaders from the Civil Rights movement.
(c) Worldly people.
(d) Self-made businessmen.
4. Who is Ron Ziegler?
(a) Nixon's secretary of state.
(b) Nixon's speech writer.
(c) Nixon's personal PR representative.
(d) Nixon's vice-president.
5. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
(a) Flagging down a ride.
(b) Reconstructing the motor.
(c) Changing their oil.
(d) Getting their car on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
2. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
3. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
4. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
5. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)