|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
(a) He laughs about it.
(b) He can barely speak of it without tears.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is concerned of the effects it will have on the campaign.
2. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(a) South Carolina.
3. At times during slow periods on the campaign trail, what do journalists find themselves resenting?
(a) The censorship.
(b) The lack of interviews with the candidates.
(c) The presence of Mankiewicz.
(d) The amount of work they can do.
4. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
(c) Tight ends.
(d) The rook.
5. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(b) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(c) A vulture picking at carrion.
(d) A fox getting caught in a trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
2. In "September," what does Thompson name as being the real problem behind the shrinking middle class?
3. What level of recognition is finally granted to Thompson during "September?"
4. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
5. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)