|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
(a) Bobby Kennedy.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) John Kennedy.
2. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Legalization of marijuana.
(b) Kent State.
(c) Class issues.
(d) Vietnam War.
3. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
(a) A chess game.
(b) A football team.
(c) A hockey team.
(d) A baseball team.
4. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
(a) They all clamor for his autograph.
(b) They embarrass him.
(c) They look down on him.
(d) They are happy to see him.
5. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
(a) The socialites who would be present.
(b) His clothing.
(c) The date of the event.
(d) Whether to bring a date or not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
2. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
3. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
4. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
5. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)