|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
(a) Dividing voters.
(b) Targeting voters.
(c) Introducing radical new ideas with traditional promises.
(d) Moving voters to another candidate.
2. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
(b) The other passengers threw him off the train.
(c) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
(d) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
3. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
(a) Thompson manages to call his correspondant by several filthy names.
(b) Thompson includes a few tabs of acid with the letters.
(c) Thompson reveals some secrets about Eagleton.
(d) Thompson reveals the sordid parties that happen with the journalists.
4. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
5. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
(a) The politicians refuse to rebalance the power structure within the campaign.
(b) The politicians are not honest with each other.
(c) The politicians are not allowed any secrets.
(d) The politicians cannot have any weaknesses in front of the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
2. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
3. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
4. "Dark Interlude" reveals what illness that Eagleton suffers from?
5. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)