|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress in a vintage style.
(b) They dress in denim.
(c) They dress like bank tellers.
(d) They dress all in black.
2. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
3. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
(a) A stronger stance on drug policies.
(b) No speechwriters.
(c) A one-on-one interview with Thompson.
(d) A better speechwriter.
4. "Dark Interlude" reveals what illness that Eagleton suffers from?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
5. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
(b) The other passengers threw him off the train.
(c) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
(d) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
2. According to those who disapprove of professional speech writers, what is revealed when politicians use these writers?
3. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
4. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
5. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)