|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
(a) Fifty typewriters being used at once.
(b) A fax machine.
(c) A song.
(d) A news report.
2. When Thompson refers to "the American Dream," what class does he posit has the most at stake in believing in that ideal?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The illegal immigrants.
(c) The lower class.
(d) The upper class.
3. In "September," who does Thompson believe would have supported McGovern?
(a) Amelia Earhart.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Sitting Bull.
4. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
(a) McGovern will win.
(b) Nixon will win.
(c) Wallace will win.
(d) Kennedy will win.
5. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) His editor is a known communist.
(b) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
(c) He works for a music magazine.
(d) His employer never served in Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
2. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
3. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
4. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
5. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)