|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Dark Interlude" reveals what illness that Eagleton suffers from?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
2. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
(a) He quickly drops Eagleton from the ticket.
(b) He publicly supports Eagleton's continuance in the campaign.
(c) He pardons Eagleton's lies.
(d) He uses Eagleton's medical history against him.
3. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
(a) Middle America.
(b) American troops.
4. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress all in black.
(b) They dress like bank tellers.
(c) They dress in a vintage style.
(d) They dress in denim.
5. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
(a) It makes the politicians more personable to the average American.
(b) It is important that politicians visit their hometowns in this manner.
(c) It is necessary for the campaign workers to poll the constituents.
(d) It is merely a formality from the 1800s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "September," who does Thompson believe would have supported McGovern?
2. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
3. According to those who disapprove of professional speech writers, what is revealed when politicians use these writers?
4. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
5. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)