|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
(a) A chess game.
(b) A baseball team.
(c) A football team.
(d) A hockey team.
2. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
(b) Public appearances.
(c) A polished appearance.
(d) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
3. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) One hundred Yippie activists.
(b) Ten thousand naked hippies.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
4. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
5. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Legalization of marijuana.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Kent State.
(d) Class issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
2. Why did Nixon employ Ziegler?
3. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
4. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
5. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)