|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to those who disapprove of professional speech writers, what is revealed when politicians use these writers?
(a) The inability of people to think for themselves.
(b) False promises.
(c) The artifice of politics.
(d) A lack of direct thought.
2. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
(a) Class issues.
(b) Legalization of marijuana.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) Kent State.
3. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
(a) Bobby Kennedy.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Timothy Leary.
4. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
(b) His employer never served in Vietnam.
(c) His editor is a known communist.
(d) He works for a music magazine.
5. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress like bank tellers.
(b) They dress in denim.
(c) They dress all in black.
(d) They dress in a vintage style.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
2. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
3. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
4. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
5. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)