|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(b) At ease.
2. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(b) A fox getting caught in a trap.
(c) A vulture picking at carrion.
(d) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
3. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
(b) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
(c) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
(d) The other passengers threw him off the train.
4. What level of recognition is finally granted to Thompson during "September?"
(a) He is allowed to travel with the politicians themselves.
(b) He is given an interview with McGovern.
(c) He is finally made a member of the Presidential Press Corps.
(d) He is given an award for his campaign coverage.
5. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to those who disapprove of professional speech writers, what is revealed when politicians use these writers?
2. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
3. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
4. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
5. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)