|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
(a) They dress all in black.
(b) They dress in a vintage style.
(c) They dress like bank tellers.
(d) They dress in denim.
2. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Public appearances.
(b) A polished appearance.
(c) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(d) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
3. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(a) South Carolina.
4. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
(a) He is too cynical for them.
(b) He does not enjoy wearing nicer clothes.
(c) He is proud of being able to work every day.
(d) He cannot grovel for affection.
5. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
(a) McGovern will win.
(b) Wallace will win.
(c) Nixon will win.
(d) Kennedy will win.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
2. According to Thompson, because of their origins, who do Southerners respect?
3. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
4. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
5. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)