|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thompson refers to "the American Dream," what class does he posit has the most at stake in believing in that ideal?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The upper class.
(c) The illegal immigrants.
(d) The lower class.
2. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
3. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
4. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A fox getting caught in a trap.
(b) A vulture picking at carrion.
(c) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(d) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
5. According to those who disapprove of professional speech writers, what is revealed when politicians use these writers?
(a) The artifice of politics.
(b) A lack of direct thought.
(c) The inability of people to think for themselves.
(d) False promises.
Short Answer Questions
1. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
2. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
3. In Thompson's estimation, in "Dark Interlude," what is the real problem with political conflicts?
4. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
5. Why is it necessary for the politicians have so many meet-and-greets to shake hands with many different workers?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)