|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
2. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
(a) The rich businessmen.
(b) The students.
(c) The factory workers.
(d) The middle-classes.
3. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
(b) The other passengers threw him off the train.
(c) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
(d) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
4. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
(a) He pardons Eagleton's lies.
(b) He quickly drops Eagleton from the ticket.
(c) He uses Eagleton's medical history against him.
(d) He publicly supports Eagleton's continuance in the campaign.
5. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
(a) He can barely speak of it without tears.
(b) He laughs about it.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is concerned of the effects it will have on the campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to those who approve of professional speech writers, what purpose do the writers serve for the politicians?
2. How does Thompson describe the Washington D.C. journalists in "January?"
3. From "January, February, into March," what is the core conflict between Thompson and the politicians?
4. When Thompson reaches his destination in "January, February, into March," how do his disrespectful peers treat him?
5. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)