|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
(a) He gets very drunk in front of the President.
(b) He refuses to remove his hat.
(c) He is caught with hashish.
(d) He punches Mankiewicz.
2. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) George McGovern.
(b) Peter Sheridan.
(c) Hunter S. Thompson.
(d) Frank Mankiwiecz.
3. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
(a) Kennedy will win.
(b) McGovern will win.
(c) Wallace will win.
(d) Nixon will win.
4. Why did Nixon employ Ziegler?
(a) Nixon is a terrible public speaker.
(b) Nixon antagonized the press too much.
(c) Nixon needed a more liberal counterpart.
(d) Nixon needed a man with military experience.
5. According to Thompson, what group was responsible for settling the South?
(b) The wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
2. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
3. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
4. In what measurement of time is this book organized?
5. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)