|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
(a) George McGovern.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) Bobby Kennedy.
2. According to those who disapprove of professional speech writers, what is revealed when politicians use these writers?
(a) False promises.
(b) A lack of direct thought.
(c) The inability of people to think for themselves.
(d) The artifice of politics.
3. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
4. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To shake their hands.
(b) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
(c) To see a factory local to his hometown.
(d) To visit where his father used to work there.
5. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
(a) Thompson reveals some secrets about Eagleton.
(b) Thompson includes a few tabs of acid with the letters.
(c) Thompson manages to call his correspondant by several filthy names.
(d) Thompson reveals the sordid parties that happen with the journalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
2. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
3. According to those who approve of professional speech writers, what purpose do the writers serve for the politicians?
4. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
5. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)