|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To shake their hands.
(b) To visit where his father used to work there.
(c) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
(d) To see a factory local to his hometown.
2. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
(d) Green Party.
3. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(b) A fox getting caught in a trap.
(c) A vulture picking at carrion.
(d) A cat being cornered by a dog.
4. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) Timothy Leary.
(b) One hundred Yippie activists.
(c) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies.
5. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) He works for a music magazine.
(b) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
(c) His editor is a known communist.
(d) His employer never served in Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is particularly colorful about the letter exchange in "July?"
2. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
3. In "May," what complaint do Thompson and other journalists have on the campaign trail?
4. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
5. During "January," what does Thompson say was inappropriate during the previous social setting?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)