|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
(a) He quickly drops Eagleton from the ticket.
(b) He publicly supports Eagleton's continuance in the campaign.
(c) He pardons Eagleton's lies.
(d) He uses Eagleton's medical history against him.
2. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
(a) Green Party.
3. When Thompson refers to "the American Dream," what class does he posit has the most at stake in believing in that ideal?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The upper class.
(c) The illegal immigrants.
(d) The lower class.
4. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
(a) A stronger stance on drug policies.
(b) A one-on-one interview with Thompson.
(c) A better speechwriter.
(d) No speechwriters.
5. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
(a) A news report.
(b) A song.
(c) A fax machine.
(d) Fifty typewriters being used at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ron Ziegler?
2. In "September," who does Thompson believe would have supported McGovern?
3. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
4. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
5. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)