|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ron Ziegler?
(a) Nixon's speech writer.
(b) Nixon's vice-president.
(c) Nixon's personal PR representative.
(d) Nixon's secretary of state.
2. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
(a) He laughs about it.
(b) He can barely speak of it without tears.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is concerned of the effects it will have on the campaign.
3. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
(a) Pleasently routine.
4. To what does Thompson compare an American campaign trail?
(a) A baseball team.
(b) A football team.
(c) A hockey team.
(d) A chess game.
5. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A vulture picking at carrion.
(b) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(c) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(d) A fox getting caught in a trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
2. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
3. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
4. "Dark Interlude" reveals what illness that Eagleton suffers from?
5. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)