|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the factory, where else do the candidates go to visit and meet with workers?
(a) An automotive shop.
(b) A library.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A slaughterhouse.
2. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
(a) The factory workers.
(b) The middle-classes.
(c) The rich businessmen.
(d) The students.
3. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A drug bust.
(b) A motorcycle accident.
(c) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(d) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
4. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
(a) Thompson wins the Pulitzer.
(b) Thompson marries into a famous family.
(c) Thompson single-handedly calls out an entire governmental branch on their corruption.
(d) He has a rebellious image, though everyone tolerates him.
5. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) George McGovern.
(b) Frank Mankiwiecz.
(c) Hunter S. Thompson.
(d) Peter Sheridan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
2. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
3. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
4. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
5. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)