|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
(b) Ten thousand naked hippies.
(c) One hundred Yippie activists.
(d) Timothy Leary.
2. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
(a) He quickly drops Eagleton from the ticket.
(b) He publicly supports Eagleton's continuance in the campaign.
(c) He uses Eagleton's medical history against him.
(d) He pardons Eagleton's lies.
3. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
(c) Middle America.
(d) American troops.
4. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
(a) Fifty typewriters being used at once.
(b) A fax machine.
(c) A song.
(d) A news report.
5. Who is Ron Ziegler?
(a) Nixon's speech writer.
(b) Nixon's secretary of state.
(c) Nixon's personal PR representative.
(d) Nixon's vice-president.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "September," what does Thompson name as being the real problem behind the shrinking middle class?
2. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
3. In the meeting at the ballroom, what does Thompson hypothesize as being Wallace's goal?
4. What is significant about the residents of the retirement home the candidates visit in "May?"
5. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)