|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nixon employ Ziegler?
(a) Nixon is a terrible public speaker.
(b) Nixon needed a man with military experience.
(c) Nixon needed a more liberal counterpart.
(d) Nixon antagonized the press too much.
2. Who is Ron Ziegler?
(a) Nixon's vice-president.
(b) Nixon's secretary of state.
(c) Nixon's speech writer.
(d) Nixon's personal PR representative.
3. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
4. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A vulture picking at carrion.
(b) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(c) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(d) A fox getting caught in a trap.
5. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(c) At ease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Thompson describe as being less of a hand-shaker and more of an actor with his constituents?
2. In "January, February, into March," what is the reason Thompson makes several people angry with him?
3. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
4. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
5. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)