|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) His employer never served in Vietnam.
(b) His editor is a known communist.
(c) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
(d) He works for a music magazine.
2. According to Thompson, what group was responsible for settling the South?
(d) The wealthy.
3. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) Ten thousand naked hippies.
(b) Timothy Leary.
(c) One hundred Yippie activists.
(d) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
4. In this book, what is used to separate groups of paragraphs?
5. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A drug bust.
(b) A motorcycle accident.
(c) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(d) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
2. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
3. According to those who disapprove of professional speech writers, what is revealed when politicians use these writers?
4. During "September," what does Thompson predict will happen in the election?
5. Why did Nixon employ Ziegler?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)