|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) A speech writer for Nixon.
(b) The military.
(c) McGovern's campaign director.
(d) The White House Press Corps.
2. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) Hunter S. Thompson.
(b) Frank Mankiwiecz.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) Peter Sheridan.
3. In "November Continued," who is barred from flying with Thompson and the others on their plane?
(a) The politician's families.
(b) The stewardesses.
(c) The political staff.
(d) The journalists.
4. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A motorcycle accident.
(b) A drug bust.
(c) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
5. During "August," from his memory of a previous campaign, what is Thompson primarily concerned about?
(a) Recording every badge number of every police officer who used unnecessary force.
(b) Hanging on to his bag of marijuana.
(c) Washing the gas from his eyes.
(d) Helping a young hippie get some first aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
2. In general, who flies on Thompson's preferred plane?
3. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
4. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
5. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)