|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In general, who flies on Thompson's preferred plane?
(c) Reserve personnel.
2. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
(a) They would claim a certain seat.
(b) They would arm-wrestle for a seat.
(c) They would get drunk before the flight.
(d) They would bring a drug to be shared.
3. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
(a) Thompson should probably leave.
(b) Thompson should apologize.
(c) Mankiewicz should apologize.
(d) Mankiewicz should have a drink with Thompson.
4. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
(a) Fifty typewriters being used at once.
(b) A song.
(c) A news report.
(d) A fax machine.
5. What are some of the activities that take place on the wilder plane during the campaign?
(b) Smoking during take off.
(c) Sex in the aisles.
(d) Fighting over seating arrangements.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "August," from his memory of a previous campaign, what is Thompson primarily concerned about?
2. In Thompson's own words, what does he initially admit to believing about Mankiewicz?
3. How did the passengers of Thompson's plane react to others trying to join them on their flight?
4. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
5. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)