|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For Communism.
(b) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
(c) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
(d) As a Yippie activist.
2. In "November Continued," what is the reputation of the journalists Thompson travels with?
(a) They are responsible writers.
(b) They are talentless hacks.
(c) They are angry speech writers.
(d) They are vitriolic gossip hounds.
3. In Thompson's own words, what does he initially admit to believing about Mankiewicz?
(a) Mankiewicz is a coward.
(b) Mankiewicz is a gentleman.
(c) Mankiewicz is a pansy.
(d) Mankiewicz is justified in his actions against the author.
4. As a result of what happened between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August," what do Thompson and his friend suspect Mankiewicz will do in the near-future?
(a) Mankiewicz will pretend nothing ever happened.
(b) Mankiewicz will return to assault Thompson again.
(c) Mankiewicz will owe Thompson a favor in return for not reporting him.
(d) Mankiewicz will likely apologize.
5. What are some of the activities that take place on the wilder plane during the campaign?
(a) Smoking during take off.
(b) Sex in the aisles.
(c) Fighting over seating arrangements.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his memory of a previous campaign, what does Thompson realize about the police officers?
2. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
3. How did the passengers of Thompson's plane react to others trying to join them on their flight?
4. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
5. According to the author, which readers does he expect will understand his decision to defuse the situation with Mankiewicz?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)