|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
(a) Mankiewicz is intoxicated in public too often.
(b) Mankiewicz cannot handle publicity.
(c) Mankiewicz is increasingly more volatile.
(d) Mankiewicz is not tough enough on McGovern.
2. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A drug bust.
(b) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
(c) A motorcycle accident.
(d) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
3. What happens between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August?"
(a) Mankiewicz reveals some campaign secrets to Thompson.
(b) Thompson is assaulted by the other man.
(c) Thompson buys the other man a drink.
(d) Thompson crashes his motorcycle into Mankiewicz's car.
4. During the campaign Thomas reminisces about in "August," what did the police use to control the crowd?
(a) Riot shields.
(b) Noxious gasses.
5. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
(b) As a Yippie activist.
(c) For Communism.
(d) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In general, who flies on Thompson's preferred plane?
2. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
3. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
4. What does Thompson explain as being the result of an intense situation in regards to the reserve personnel during a campaign?
5. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)