|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plane does Thompson decide better fits his personality in "November Continued?"
(a) Dakota Queen II.
(b) Kingsport One.
(c) Zoo Plane.
(d) Air Force Three.
2. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
(a) Mankiewicz used to be a hippie.
(b) Mankiewicz notably claims to be anti-violence.
(c) Mankiewicz was a conscientious objector for Vietnam.
(d) Mankiewicz has a history of violence.
3. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) The other passengers threw him off the train.
(b) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
(c) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
(d) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
4. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
(b) For Communism.
(c) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
(d) As a Yippie activist.
5. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) He works for a music magazine.
(b) His editor is a known communist.
(c) His employer never served in Vietnam.
(d) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson explain as being the result of an intense situation in regards to the reserve personnel during a campaign?
2. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
3. As a result of what happened between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August," what do Thompson and his friend suspect Mankiewicz will do in the near-future?
4. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
5. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)