|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
(a) Hunter S. Thompson.
(b) Frank Mankiwiecz.
(c) Peter Sheridan.
(d) George McGovern.
2. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
(a) A demonstration.
(b) A concert.
(c) A be-in.
(d) A party.
3. In "November Continued," what is the reputation of the journalists Thompson travels with?
(a) They are vitriolic gossip hounds.
(b) They are responsible writers.
(c) They are talentless hacks.
(d) They are angry speech writers.
4. What reason is Thompson given that attempts to diminish the importance of his employer?
(a) His employer never served in Vietnam.
(b) His editor is a known communist.
(c) His magazine is the lowest-ranked in the country.
(d) He works for a music magazine.
5. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
(a) For Communism.
(b) For attempting to levitate the Pentagon.
(c) As a Yippie activist.
(d) For furthering the knowledge of drugs with Timothy Leary.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the louder of the two planes in "November Continued," what does Thompson say is present?
2. What plane does Thompson decide better fits his personality in "November Continued?"
3. During the campaign Thomas reminisces about in "August," what did the police use to control the crowd?
4. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
5. As a result of what happened between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August," what do Thompson and his friend suspect Mankiewicz will do in the near-future?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)