|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August?"
(a) Mankiewicz reveals some campaign secrets to Thompson.
(b) Thompson crashes his motorcycle into Mankiewicz's car.
(c) Thompson is assaulted by the other man.
(d) Thompson buys the other man a drink.
2. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
(a) Thompson should probably leave.
(b) Thompson should apologize.
(c) Mankiewicz should have a drink with Thompson.
(d) Mankiewicz should apologize.
3. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) A speech writer for Nixon.
(b) McGovern's campaign director.
(c) The White House Press Corps.
(d) The military.
4. On the louder of the two planes in "November Continued," what does Thompson say is present?
(a) Illegal drugs.
5. What plane does Thompson decide better fits his personality in "November Continued?"
(a) Zoo Plane.
(b) Air Force Three.
(c) Kingsport One.
(d) Dakota Queen II.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Miami in 1972, how do the sit-ins and protests compare to Thompson's experiences on other campaign trails?
2. As a result of what happened between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August," what do Thompson and his friend suspect Mankiewicz will do in the near-future?
3. During "August," from his memory of a previous campaign, what is Thompson primarily concerned about?
4. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
5. In "November Continued," what is the reputation of the journalists Thompson travels with?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)