|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
(b) The other passengers threw him off the train.
(c) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
(d) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
2. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
(a) A motorcycle accident.
(b) The drunken, belligerent behavior of the person who stole his ID.
(c) A drug bust.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies showing up to protest Nixon.
3. In Miami in 1972, how do the sit-ins and protests compare to Thompson's experiences on other campaign trails?
(a) They are completely effective.
(b) They are extremely mild.
(c) They are much wilder.
(d) They are poorly organized.
4. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(b) A fox getting caught in a trap.
(c) A vulture picking at carrion.
(d) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
5. How many aircraft are generally used on the campaign trail?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did the passengers on Thompson's plane assure their own entry?
2. During "August," from his memory of a previous campaign, what is Thompson primarily concerned about?
3. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
4. After Thompson's encounter with Mankiewicz, how does the author's friend recommend they defuse the situation?
5. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)