|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "November Continued," who is barred from flying with Thompson and the others on their plane?
(a) The politician's families.
(b) The stewardesses.
(c) The journalists.
(d) The political staff.
2. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
(a) Mankiewicz was a conscientious objector for Vietnam.
(b) Mankiewicz used to be a hippie.
(c) Mankiewicz notably claims to be anti-violence.
(d) Mankiewicz has a history of violence.
3. In "April," which position does Thompson initially apply for?
(a) McGovern's campaign director.
(b) A speech writer for Nixon.
(c) The White House Press Corps.
(d) The military.
4. In general, who flies on Thompson's preferred plane?
(a) Reserve personnel.
5. In "November Continued," what is the reputation of the journalists Thompson travels with?
(a) They are talentless hacks.
(b) They are vitriolic gossip hounds.
(c) They are responsible writers.
(d) They are angry speech writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
2. What happens between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August?"
3. In Thompson's own words, what does he initially admit to believing about Mankiewicz?
4. As a result of what happened between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August," what do Thompson and his friend suspect Mankiewicz will do in the near-future?
5. In Miami, who forces the Senator to keep his speech and interviews short?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)