|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the airplane which carries the reserve personnel during the campaign of 1972?
(a) Kingsport One.
(b) Dakota Queen II.
(c) Air Force Three.
(d) Zoo Plane.
2. How many aircraft are generally used on the campaign trail?
3. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
(a) A concert.
(b) A party.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A be-in.
4. In "November Continued," who is barred from flying with Thompson and the others on their plane?
(a) The politician's families.
(b) The political staff.
(c) The journalists.
(d) The stewardesses.
5. Why is Rosey Grier not allowed to deal with Rubin's harassment on the train?
(a) It would not look good for him to rough up the journalists.
(b) It created sympathetic press for Muskie.
(c) Rubin was protected by another journalist.
(d) The other passengers threw him off the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "August," what concerns are raised about Frank Mankiewicz on the campaign trail?
2. During the campaign Thomas reminisces about in "August," what did the police use to control the crowd?
3. According to the author, which readers does he expect will understand his decision to defuse the situation with Mankiewicz?
4. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
5. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)