|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
2. What does Henry use to clean the sidewalk?
3. What does Henry leave the house to buy at the end of this section?
4. What part of Henry's body does Endicot bite?
5. What is Jan's role at the Durham hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Bukowski's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Bukowski's argument?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Bukowski's previous books and contrast it with FACTOTUM in terms of the following:
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)