|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Henry's body is itching in this section?
2. What does Laura like to cook when they can afford it?
3. What is George Fellows' nickname?
4. What does Henry say he discovers in the fabric of a pair of pants?
5. When does Laura like to have sex?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Bukowski develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)