|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the park where Henry stalls his car?
2. What is the name of the manager's secretary?
3. What is Henry caught stealing in this section?
4. Where does Henry meet Jan?
5. What part of Henry's body does Endicot bite?
Essay Topic 1
How does Bukoski represent sex? How did people in the 70s perceive Bukowski's representations of sex? How do people today perceive Bukowski's representations of sex?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Bukowski develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 3
In 2005, Bent Hamer directed a film version of FACTOTUM starring Matt Dillon. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)