|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Endicot do for a living?
2. Who does Brad say Henry should not talk to?
3. What is the name of Henry's new boss?
4. What kind of music does Henry like to listen to at home?
5. Where does Henry see a job ad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hansen fire Henry?
2. What is Henry's role in the clothing store?
3. Why does Henry find the Japanese girl attractive?
4. Who does Henry work with at the bicycle shop?
5. What does Smithson tell the men he will teach them?
6. Summarize the fifth section.
7. Why does Henry suddenly become interested in clothes in the eighth section?
8. What are the perks of Henry's new job?
9. Why does the Yellow Cab Company sack Henry?
10. Summarize the eight section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Bukowski express about liberty in his novel? In what ways are Bukowski and his career an example of American liberty?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bukowski represent alcoholism in his novel? How does Chinaski's habit affect his daily life? What kind of person would Chinaski have been without the alcoholism?
Essay Topic 3
What is Henry's attitude towards work? Why has Henry has developed this attitude? What kind of job would Henry enjoy and excel at?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)