Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Henry's body is itching in this section?
2. What does Laura like to cook when they can afford it?
3. What is George Fellows' nickname?
4. What does Henry say he discovers in the fabric of a pair of pants?
5. When does Laura like to have sex?
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Chinaski's life:
1. His father.
4. Tim Hunter.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)