|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry travel to at the beginning of Chapter 23?
2. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
3. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
4. What is Carson Gentry's job?
5. What kind of hat does Willie wear while driving his car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martha upset Henry in the second section?
2. What does Henry do while drunk with his friend, Tim Hunter?
3. What does Henry think of New York when he first arrives?
4. How does Willie die in the fifth section?
5. Why does Willie like Henry?
6. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
7. What does Henry promise himself in the fourth section?
8. Describe Henry's job in the ladies dress shop.
9. Summarize the second section.
10. Summarize the fourth section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Bukowski's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Bukowski's argument?
Essay Topic 2
What is the American dream? What does FACTOTUM say about the American dream? What is Bukowski's opinion of the American dream?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Bukowski's previous books and contrast it with FACTOTUM in terms of the following:
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)