|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say Willie throws at them when they get drunk?
2. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
3. What part of New York does Henry move to?
4. What city does Henry travel to at the beginning of this section?
5. What city does Henry head for at the beginning of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Willie Oxnard's house?
2. What does Henry do in El Paso?
3. How does Henry meet Gertrude?
4. What does Henry do while his parents are away?
5. Why does Henry decide it is time to go back to Los Angeles?
6. What is Henry's opinion of New York?
7. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
8. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
9. Summarize the fourth section.
10. What does Henry think of New York when he first arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Bukowski's previous books and contrast it with FACTOTUM in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
How did Bukowski view the post war society? What impact has his writing had on literature? Has his impact been mainly positive or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)