|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of biscuits are made at the factory where Henry works?
2. When is the only time Willie will allow his girls to drink?
3. What does the metal instrument look like that the two old guys hand Henry?
4. Where does Henry go once he has money?
5. What does Henry plead guilty to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willie's relationship with the three girls?
2. Why does Henry decide it is time to go back to Los Angeles?
3. How does Willie die in the fifth section?
4. How do Henry and Jan start living their lives after Henry is sacked?
5. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
6. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
7. Who does Henry work with at the bicycle shop?
8. What is Henry's opinion of New York?
9. How does Jan react to Henry's reappearance in section nine?
10. How does Willie's death affect the girls?
Essay Topic 1
What is Henry's attitude towards work? Why has Henry has developed this attitude? What kind of job would Henry enjoy and excel at?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Bukowski's previous books and contrast it with FACTOTUM in terms of the following:
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)