|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excites Henry about Jan?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her meaness and hostility.
(c) Her energy.
(d) Her sense of fun.
2. What does Henry say he thinks of as a second home?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A local bar.
(c) An auto parts warehouse.
(d) A local bakers.
3. Where does Jan drive Henry to?
(a) The police station.
(b) The train station.
(c) The Greyhound station.
(d) The fire station.
4. What does Mrs. Adams say Henry needs?
(a) His own house.
(b) A dog.
(c) A good job.
(d) A nice lady.
5. What track do Manny and Henry drive to after work?
(a) LA Park.
(b) Hampden Park.
(c) Hollywood Park.
(d) Rangers Pak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's position at the Graphic Cherub Art Supply?
2. Where do Henry and Laura steal cigarettes from?
3. What does Henry like to bet on?
4. What is the name of the tiny black man at Henry's work?
5. What does Henry notice about Jan's hair in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry find attractive about Jan?
2. How does Henry lose his job at the auto brakes company?
3. Describe Mary Lou.
4. How does Henry break Pop's world record in the tenth section?
5. Summarize the fifth section.
6. How does Henry get fired from his job as a janitor?
7. Why does Henry find the Japanese girl attractive?
8. What is Janeway Smithson's role at the Yellow Cab Company?
9. What are the perks of Henry's new job?
10. Who does Henry work with at the bicycle shop?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)