|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry buy with his winnings?
2. What is Jan's role at the Durham hotel?
3. What excites Henry about Jan?
(a) Her meaness and hostility.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her sense of fun.
(d) Her energy.
4. What does Mrs. Adams say Henry needs?
(a) His own house.
(b) A nice lady.
(c) A good job.
(d) A dog.
5. Where does Mary Lou have sex with Bud?
(a) The Ladies' room.
(b) The pool room.
(c) The mens' room.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Mary Lou drive?
2. What kind of music does Henry like to listen to at home?
3. Where does a poor clerk meet a rich girl in Henry's story?
4. What does Henry say cost him his job?
5. Who does Henry describe as intense and intelligent looking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's job at the bicycle shop.
2. Why does Henry suddenly become interested in clothes in the eighth section?
3. How does Henry cure his itching crotch?
4. Summarize the fifth section.
5. Why does Henry find the Japanese girl attractive?
6. What is Henry's excuse for walking funny?
7. Why does Mr. Hansen fire Henry?
8. Describe Mary Lou.
9. How did Henry lose his favorite job working for the Red Cross?
10. How do Henry's glowing pants change his mindset and eventually his life situation?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)