|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Herman Barnes' role at The Times?
(b) Chief reporter.
(d) Junior reporter.
2. When does Laura like to have sex?
(a) When she is reading.
(b) When she is tired.
(c) When she is working.
(d) When she is hungover.
3. What is Feldman trying to do at the same time as collecting insurance?
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Go bankrupt.
4. What does Henry say is worth seeing at Montie's cafe?
(a) The pet canary.
(b) The decor.
(c) The waitress.
(d) The cakes.
5. What part of Henry's body does Endicot bite?
(a) His chin.
(b) His ear.
(c) His nose.
(d) His cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry go to try and get a reporting job?
2. What does Henry say he discovers in the fabric of a pair of pants?
3. What country is Hector's wife from?
4. What does the Yellow Cab Company require as part of its application process?
5. What city does Vera prostitute herself in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Henry and Jan start living their lives after Henry is sacked?
2. Describe Mary Lou.
3. What is Henry's attitude at his job at the Times newspaper?
4. What does Maurice tell Henry in the tenth section?
5. How does Henry react to Mr. Adams' death?
6. What are the perks of Henry's new job?
7. Why does the Yellow Cab Company sack Henry?
8. How does Henry cure his itching crotch?
9. How does Henry lose his job at the auto brakes company?
10. Why does Mr. Hansen fire Henry?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)