|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tiny black man at Henry's work?
2. What does Smithson say he will teach the men?
(a) How to live.
(b) How to drink.
(c) How to have fun.
(d) How to drive.
3. What is the name of Henry's boss at the Yellow Cab Company?
(a) Janeway Smithson.
(b) Fred Silverman.
(c) Erica Davids.
(d) David Johnson.
4. What does Mrs. Adams say Henry needs?
(a) A nice lady.
(b) A dog.
(c) A good job.
(d) His own house.
5. What does Vera call Henry for declining her?
(a) A fag.
(b) A prick.
(c) A loser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry describe as intense and intelligent looking?
2. Where does a poor clerk meet a rich girl in Henry's story?
3. Where does Mary Lou have sex with Bud?
4. What newspaper offers Henry a job in maintenance?
5. What country is Hector's wife from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Janeway Smithson's role at the Yellow Cab Company?
2. Why does Henry suddenly become interested in clothes in the eighth section?
3. What is Henry's attitude at his job at the Times newspaper?
4. How did Henry lose his favorite job working for the Red Cross?
5. Summarize the eight section.
6. Who does Henry work with at the bicycle shop?
7. How do Henry's glowing pants change his mindset and eventually his life situation?
8. What does Smithson tell the men he will teach them?
9. Why does Henry find the Japanese girl attractive?
10. Describe Mary Lou.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)