|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura say Willie throws at them when they get drunk?
2. Where does the blond woman take Henry to after the bar?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A liquor store.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Her apartment.
3. What does Henry buy for $35?
(b) A car.
(c) A bicycle.
4. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
(a) Money for food and room.
(b) Tickets for food and a room.
(c) Music and party food.
(d) A night in a bar.
5. What city does Henry arrive in at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of New York does Henry move to?
2. Where does Henry sleep the night?
3. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
4. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
5. What does Henry contemplate doing as he waits alone in his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
2. Describe Henry's job in the ladies dress shop.
3. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
4. What does Henry do while drunk with his friend, Tim Hunter?
5. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
6. What does Henry think of New York when he first arrives?
7. How does Henry lose his job at the dog biscuit factory?
8. How does Henry meet Laura?
9. How does Willie die in the fifth section?
10. Describe Willie Oxnard's house?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)