|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bar is Bar O?
(a) A filmmaker's bar.
(b) An artist's bar.
(c) A mafia bar.
(d) A writer's bar.
2. What does Henry say the bar nearest to his apartment smells like?
(a) An outhouse.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A whorehouse.
3. What city does Henry head for at the beginning of this section?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What does the landlady's boyfriend give Henry for feeding the chickens?
5. What kind of hat does Willie wear while driving his car?
(a) A bowler hat.
(b) A captain's hat.
(c) A hunter's hat.
(d) A cowboy hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's old college friend?
2. Who does Henry claim not to like?
3. What is the first job Chinaski applies for?
4. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
5. Who drops in to see Henry with a bottle of wine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willie's relationship with the three girls?
2. What does Carson Gentry make Henry understand about life in the fourth section?
3. Describe Henry Chinaski's character.
4. What does Henry do while drunk with his friend, Tim Hunter?
5. Why does Henry find the Japanese girl attractive?
6. Who does Henry work with at the bicycle shop?
7. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
8. How does Henry lose his job at the auto brakes company?
9. Describe Henry's job in the ladies dress shop.
10. How does Henry break Pop's world record in the tenth section?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)