|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(a) A broken bottle.
(b) A knife.
(c) Her nails.
2. Where does Henry take a job in this section?
(a) An auto parts warehouse.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A library.
3. What does Henry's father ask from Henry?
(a) Peace and quiet.
(b) Proof of his identity.
(c) Rent money.
(d) Company at the races.
4. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
(a) The Persian rug.
(b) His mother.
(c) The kitchen floor.
(d) His father.
5. What kind of biscuits are made at the factory where Henry works?
(a) Cream biscuits.
(b) Chocolate biscuits.
(c) Cheese biscuits.
(d) Dog biscuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Grace and Jerry drinking in the kitchen?
2. What kind of music does Henry listen to while his parents are away?
3. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
4. What magazine does Clay Gladmore own?
5. What does Hilda do when Getrude introduces Henry to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willie's death affect the girls?
2. What does Carson Gentry make Henry understand about life in the fourth section?
3. Describe Willie Oxnard's house?
4. Why does Willie like Henry?
5. What is Henry's first job in New York?
6. What does Henry do in El Paso?
7. What does Henry promise himself in the fourth section?
8. How does Billy-Boy help Henry in the third section?
9. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
10. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)