|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Henry arrive in at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
2. What does the landlady's boyfriend give Henry for feeding the chickens?
3. Who does Henry describe as insects?
(a) The street prostitutes.
(b) The beggars.
(c) The street performers.
(d) People in the subway.
4. What is the first job Chinaski applies for?
(a) Garbage collector.
(c) Delivery driver.
5. Who is Willie's main girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fight does Henry have with Hilda and Gertrude at the end of this section?
2. What does Henry smoke with Carson Gentry?
3. What state does Henry travel to after New Orleans?
4. What is the blond woman's name?
5. What is the name of Henry's old college friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the second section.
2. Why does Henry decide it is time to go back to Los Angeles?
3. What does Henry do while drunk with his friend, Tim Hunter?
4. What does Henry think of New York when he first arrives?
5. Describe Willie Oxnard's house?
6. What is Henry's first job in New York?
7. How does Billy-Boy help Henry in the third section?
8. What is Henry's opinion of New York?
9. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
10. What does Henry promise himself in the fourth section?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)