|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What transport does Henry take to his parents' house?
(a) A streetcar.
(b) A motorbike.
(c) A train.
(d) A tram.
2. Why does Henry say he wants a gorgeous wife?
(a) So he can feel loved.
(b) So he can stay faithful.
(c) So he can cheat on her.
(d) So he can feel satisfied.
3. What is the name of Henry's old college friend?
(a) Timmy Hunter.
(b) Phil Upson.
(c) Jack Dawson.
(d) Cal Fisher.
4. Who does Henry claim not to like?
5. What is the blond woman's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
2. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
3. What does Hilda do when Getrude introduces Henry to her?
4. What city does Chinaski arrive in at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Henry describe as insects?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willie's relationship with the three girls?
2. How does Billy-Boy help Henry in the third section?
3. How does Henry meet Gertrude?
4. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
5. What does Carson Gentry make Henry understand about life in the fourth section?
6. What does Henry do in El Paso?
7. What does Henry do while drunk with his friend, Tim Hunter?
8. How does Henry meet Laura?
9. How does Henry lose his job at the dog biscuit factory?
10. What does Henry do while his parents are away?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)