|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drops in to see Henry with a bottle of wine?
2. What kind of bar is Bar O?
(a) A writer's bar.
(b) An artist's bar.
(c) A filmmaker's bar.
(d) A mafia bar.
3. How does Henry say Gertrude's eyes make him feel?
4. What does Henry's father criticize Henry for not doing?
(a) Not making use of his literary talents.
(b) Finishing college.
(c) Enlisting in the army.
(d) Marrying a decent woman.
5. What does Henry contemplate doing as he waits alone in his room?
(a) Going home to his parents.
(b) Breaking his curfew.
(c) Enrolling at university.
(d) Killing himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry buy for $35?
2. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
3. What does Henry cash in to get money?
4. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
5. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Willie Oxnard's house?
2. How does Willie's death affect the girls?
3. How does a relationship develop between Henry and Gertrude?
4. What is Henry's opinion of New York?
5. How does Billy-Boy help Henry in the third section?
6. What is Willie's relationship with the three girls?
7. How does Henry meet Gertrude?
8. How does Martha upset Henry in the second section?
9. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
10. Summarize the fourth section.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)