|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Laura's street?
(a) Alvarado St.
(b) Regents St.
(c) Formby St.
(d) Bond St.
2. What does Henry tell the interviewer is his real job?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A writer.
(c) An artist.
(d) A film director.
3. What does Hilda do when Getrude introduces Henry to her?
4. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
(a) Miss Opening.
(b) Miss Filby.
(c) Mrs. Jackson.
(d) Mrs. Downing.
5. In what way is Henry's father unlike Henry?
(a) He hates reading.
(b) He is serious about life.
(c) He prefers men.
(d) He is a workaholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
2. What does Henry say the bar nearest to his apartment smells like?
3. What is Carson Gentry's job?
4. What is the name of the woman who checks to see if Henry is okay?
5. Who does Henry claim not to like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
2. Summarize the second section.
3. What does Henry do in El Paso?
4. Describe Henry Chinaski's character.
5. How is Henry trying to develop his writing career in the fourth section?
6. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
7. What does Henry do while drunk with his friend, Tim Hunter?
8. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
9. How does a relationship develop between Henry and Gertrude?
10. How does Henry meet Laura?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)