|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry go with Tim?
(a) A bar.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A house party.
(d) A brothel.
2. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
(a) Plucking turkeys.
(b) Deboning salmon.
(c) Shucking clams.
(d) Moving crates.
3. What does Henry fetch for someone at the bar?
(a) A pizza.
(b) A chocolate.
(c) A pastry.
(d) A sandwich.
4. What does the metal instrument look like that the two old guys hand Henry?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A can opener.
(c) A potato peeler.
(d) A pair of scissors.
5. What does Gertrude reveal to Henry in this section?
(a) She has a boyfriend.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do every night after work?
2. Who is Willie's main girl?
3. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
4. Where does Henry go once he has money?
5. What does Henry have to put up in the subways?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Henry trying to develop his writing career in the fourth section?
2. What does Henry do while his parents are away?
3. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
4. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
5. How does Henry meet Laura?
6. How does a relationship develop between Henry and Gertrude?
7. What does Henry promise himself in the fourth section?
8. How does Henry lose his job at the dog biscuit factory?
9. How does Martha upset Henry in the second section?
10. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)