|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Henry arrive in at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What does Henry plead guilty to?
(a) Injuring a minor.
(b) Breaching the peace.
(c) Stealing alcohol.
(d) Blocking traffic.
3. What material is Chinaski's suitcase made from?
4. What is Gertrude's room full of?
(a) Movie posters.
(b) Stuffed animals.
5. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
(b) The Beatles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry cash in to get money?
2. What does Henry have to put up in the subways?
3. What kind of fight does Henry have with Hilda and Gertrude at the end of this section?
4. Who does Henry describe as insects?
5. Who drops in to see Henry with a bottle of wine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's job at the bicycle shop.
2. How does Henry lose his job at the auto brakes company?
3. Summarize the fifth section.
4. Why does Willie like Henry?
5. What does Carson Gentry make Henry understand about life in the fourth section?
6. What is Henry's attitude at his job at the Times newspaper?
7. Summarize the second section.
8. Describe Henry's job in the ladies dress shop.
9. How does Willie's death affect the girls?
10. How does Henry meet Laura?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)