|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the blond woman's name?
2. What does Laura say Willie throws at them when they get drunk?
3. What does Henry fetch for someone at the bar?
(a) A chocolate.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A pastry.
4. Where does Henry go once he has money?
(a) The cinema.
(b) A bar.
(c) A bookshop.
(d) A brothel.
5. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
(a) He loses his razor.
(b) To win a bet.
(c) He wakes up too late.
(d) He wants to show his true self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
2. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
3. Where does Henry sleep for three or four days?
4. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
5. What city does Chinaski arrive in at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the fourth section.
2. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
3. How does Martha upset Henry in the second section?
4. What does Carson Gentry make Henry understand about life in the fourth section?
5. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
6. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
7. Summarize the second section.
8. How is Henry trying to develop his writing career in the fourth section?
9. How does a relationship develop between Henry and Gertrude?
10. How does Henry meet Gertrude?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)