|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bar is Bar O?
(a) A mafia bar.
(b) A writer's bar.
(c) An artist's bar.
(d) A filmmaker's bar.
2. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) He does not get a raise.
(b) The boss hates him.
(c) He gets the oldest vehicle.
(d) He does not want to work mornings.
3. When is the only time Willie will allow his girls to drink?
(a) When he is away.
(b) When he is drinking.
(c) In the holidays.
(d) After midnight.
4. What does Henry cash in to get money?
(a) Empty bottles.
5. What is Gertrude's room full of?
(a) Stuffed animals.
(b) Movie posters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the metal instrument look like that the two old guys hand Henry?
2. What does Gertrude reveal to Henry in this section?
3. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
4. What is the name of the woman who checks to see if Henry is okay?
5. In what way is Henry's father unlike Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
2. Why does Henry decide it is time to go back to Los Angeles?
3. What does Henry do while his parents are away?
4. How is Henry trying to develop his writing career in the fourth section?
5. What does Henry think of New York when he first arrives?
6. What does Henry do in El Paso?
7. What does Carson Gentry make Henry understand about life in the fourth section?
8. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
9. How does Willie's death affect the girls?
10. Describe Henry's job in the ladies dress shop.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)