|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do every night after work?
(a) Watches films.
(c) Attends church.
2. What color is the cellar Henry works in?
3. Where does the blond woman take Henry to after the bar?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A liquor store.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A hotel.
4. How does Henry describe the man who has to show him his job at the factory?
(a) A hairless virgin.
(b) A toothless elf.
(c) A wannabe manager.
(d) An ugly pug.
5. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
(a) The Persian rug.
(b) His father.
(c) The kitchen floor.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bartender offer Henry as long as he is working?
2. What does Willie say he needs for his opera?
3. What kind of bar is Bar O?
4. What does Henry fetch for someone at the bar?
5. What is the name of Henry's old college friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willie's relationship with the three girls?
2. Describe Willie Oxnard's house?
3. How does Henry meet Gertrude?
4. How does Willie's death affect the girls?
5. What does Carson Gentry make Henry understand about life in the fourth section?
6. How does Martha upset Henry in the second section?
7. How does Billy-Boy help Henry in the third section?
8. What bet does Henry make in the opening chapter?
9. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
10. What does Henry think of New York when he first arrives?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)