|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of biscuits are made at the factory where Henry works?
(a) Cheese biscuits.
(b) Cream biscuits.
(c) Chocolate biscuits.
(d) Dog biscuits.
2. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
(a) The kitchen floor.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The Persian rug.
3. What part of Willie's body is missing?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His eye.
(d) His hair.
4. What is the name of the woman who checks to see if Henry is okay?
5. What kind of alcohol does Henry say he enjoys?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
2. What does Henry buy for $35?
3. What does the bartender offer Henry as long as he is working?
4. Where does Henry go for a job on Monday?
5. What does Henry do every night after work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bet does Henry make in the opening chapter?
2. How does Henry lose his job at the dog biscuit factory?
3. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
4. How does Willie's death affect the girls?
5. What does Henry do while his parents are away?
6. Describe Willie Oxnard's house?
7. What is Willie's relationship with the three girls?
8. How does a relationship develop between Henry and Gertrude?
9. How does Billy-Boy help Henry in the third section?
10. How does Henry meet Gertrude?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)