|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry plead guilty to?
(a) Stealing alcohol.
(b) Blocking traffic.
(c) Breaching the peace.
(d) Injuring a minor.
2. What does Henry smoke with Carson Gentry?
(c) Pipe tobacco.
3. Where does Henry go for a job on Monday?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A publishers.
(c) A school.
(d) A magazine.
4. Where does Henry go once he has money?
(a) The cinema.
(b) A bookshop.
(c) A bar.
(d) A brothel.
5. Where does Henry go with Tim?
(a) A bar.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A house party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell the interviewer is his real job?
2. How does Henry say Gertrude's eyes make him feel?
3. What does Henry buy for $35?
4. What part of Willie's body is missing?
5. What transport does Henry take to his parents' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry's opinion of New York?
2. How does a relationship develop between Henry and Gertrude?
3. How does Willie's death affect the girls?
4. What is Willie's relationship with the three girls?
5. Why does Henry decide it is time to go back to Los Angeles?
6. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
7. What does Henry do while his parents are away?
8. Summarize the second section.
9. How is Henry trying to develop his writing career in the fourth section?
10. What does Carson Gentry make Henry understand about life in the fourth section?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)