|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the blond woman's name?
2. What does Henry smoke with Carson Gentry?
(c) Pipe tobacco.
3. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) He gets the oldest vehicle.
(b) He does not get a raise.
(c) The boss hates him.
(d) He does not want to work mornings.
4. Where does Henry go with Tim?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A bar.
(c) A house party.
(d) A hotel.
5. What kind of bar is Bar O?
(a) A filmmaker's bar.
(b) An artist's bar.
(c) A mafia bar.
(d) A writer's bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
2. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
3. What is Carson Gentry's job?
4. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
5. In what city does Henry swap trains?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry meet Laura?
2. How does Willie die in the fifth section?
3. Summarize the second section.
4. Describe Henry's job in the ladies dress shop.
5. How does Henry lose his job at the dog biscuit factory?
6. What is Willie's relationship with the three girls?
7. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
8. What is Henry's first job in New York?
9. What bet does Henry make in the opening chapter?
10. How does a relationship develop between Henry and Gertrude?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)