|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Grace and Jerry drinking in the kitchen?
2. What does the bartender offer Henry as long as he is working?
(a) Free drinks.
(b) Free bar snacks.
(c) Choice of music.
(d) Choice of women.
3. What city does Henry travel to at the beginning of this section?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What kind of bar is Bar O?
(a) A mafia bar.
(b) An artist's bar.
(c) A filmmaker's bar.
(d) A writer's bar.
5. What city does Chinaski arrive in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the metal instrument look like that the two old guys hand Henry?
2. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
3. Who is receiving $50 a month from Willie for the rest of her life?
4. What is the name of Laura's street?
5. What is Gertrude's room full of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry do while his parents are away?
2. How is Henry trying to develop his writing career in the fourth section?
3. How does Willie die in the fifth section?
4. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
5. What does Carson Gentry make Henry understand about life in the fourth section?
6. What bet does Henry make in the opening chapter?
7. Summarize the fourth section.
8. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
9. How does a relationship develop between Henry and Gertrude?
10. Describe Henry's job in the ladies dress shop.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)