|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar owner's husband?
(a) Henry Toms.
(b) Johnny Boy.
(c) Damien Cox.
(d) Billy Boy.
2. What kind of hat does Willie wear while driving his car?
(a) A hunter's hat.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A captain's hat.
(d) A bowler hat.
3. What does Henry pawn in this section?
4. What is Gertrude's room full of?
(b) Stuffed animals.
(d) Movie posters.
5. What does Henry have to put up in the subways?
(a) Subway maps.
(c) Warning signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willie's main girl?
2. What does Henry do every night after work?
3. What city does Henry travel to at the beginning of this section?
4. What does Henry's father criticize Henry for not doing?
5. What is the name of Henry's old college friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bet does Henry make in the opening chapter?
2. Describe Willie Oxnard's house?
3. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
4. How does a relationship develop between Henry and Gertrude?
5. What does Henry do while drunk with his friend, Tim Hunter?
6. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
7. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
8. How does Willie die in the fifth section?
9. Summarize the second section.
10. What does Henry do in El Paso?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)