|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Chinaski arrive in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New Orleans.
2. What magazine does Clay Gladmore own?
(a) Black Mask.
(c) Crime Inc.
3. What kind of bar is Bar O?
(a) An artist's bar.
(b) A mafia bar.
(c) A writer's bar.
(d) A filmmaker's bar.
4. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Persian rug.
(c) His father.
(d) The kitchen floor.
5. How does Henry describe the man who has to show him his job at the factory?
(a) A toothless elf.
(b) A hairless virgin.
(c) An ugly pug.
(d) A wannabe manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy Boy hire Henry to wash?
2. What color hair does the woman sitting next to Henry at the bar have?
3. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
4. Where does Henry move to after New York?
5. Where does Henry sleep for three or four days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry do while drunk with his friend, Tim Hunter?
2. What does Carson Gentry make Henry understand about life in the fourth section?
3. How does Henry meet Gertrude?
4. Describe Henry's job in the ladies dress shop.
5. How does Martha upset Henry in the second section?
6. What is Henry's first job in New York?
7. Describe Henry Chinaski's character.
8. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
9. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
10. Summarize the fourth section.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)