|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar owner's husband?
(a) Henry Toms.
(b) Johnny Boy.
(c) Billy Boy.
(d) Damien Cox.
2. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
(a) Money for food and room.
(b) Music and party food.
(c) Tickets for food and a room.
(d) A night in a bar.
3. What is the name of Laura's street?
(a) Alvarado St.
(b) Regents St.
(c) Bond St.
(d) Formby St.
4. What is the name of Willie's opera?
(a) The Emperor of San Francisco.
(b) The Queen of America.
(c) The Rajah of LA.
(d) The King of New York.
5. What city does Henry head for at the beginning of this section?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
2. When is the only time Willie will allow his girls to drink?
3. Where does Henry go once he has money?
4. What does Henry pawn in this section?
5. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry Chinaski's character.
2. How does Willie's death affect the girls?
3. What does Henry do while drunk with his friend, Tim Hunter?
4. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
5. Describe Willie Oxnard's house?
6. How does Billy-Boy help Henry in the third section?
7. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
8. How does Willie die in the fifth section?
9. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
10. Why does Willie like Henry?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)