|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry claim not to like?
2. Why does Henry say he wants a gorgeous wife?
(a) So he can cheat on her.
(b) So he can feel satisfied.
(c) So he can stay faithful.
(d) So he can feel loved.
3. What kind of alcohol does Henry say he enjoys?
4. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
(a) Music and party food.
(b) Tickets for food and a room.
(c) Money for food and room.
(d) A night in a bar.
5. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(a) A broken bottle.
(b) A knife.
(c) Her nails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fight does Henry have with Hilda and Gertrude at the end of this section?
2. What magazine does Clay Gladmore own?
3. What is the name of Willie's opera?
4. What does Henry do every night after work?
5. Where does Henry move to after New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willie like Henry?
2. What is Henry's first job in New York?
3. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
4. Summarize the fourth section.
5. How is Henry trying to develop his writing career in the fourth section?
6. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
7. What does Henry do while his parents are away?
8. What does Henry think of New York when he first arrives?
9. Describe Henry Chinaski's character.
10. Summarize the second section.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)