|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Henry attend?
(a) San Francisco City College.
(c) Los Angeles City College.
2. Who does Henry give his hotel ticket to?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) An old lady.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A homeless man.
3. How does Henry say Gertrude's eyes make him feel?
4. What does Henry say the bar nearest to his apartment smells like?
(a) An outhouse.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A whorehouse.
(d) A graveyard.
5. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) The boss hates him.
(b) He does not want to work mornings.
(c) He does not get a raise.
(d) He gets the oldest vehicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
2. What is the name of Henry's landlady in this section?
3. What does Henry buy for $35?
4. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
5. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willie's relationship with the three girls?
2. How does Henry cure his itching crotch?
3. How do Henry and Jan start living their lives after Henry is sacked?
4. Describe Henry's first two days in New York.
5. Describe Willie Oxnard's house?
6. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
7. Summarize the fifth section.
8. What is Henry's role in the clothing store?
9. Why does Henry suddenly become interested in clothes in the eighth section?
10. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)