|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the metal instrument look like that the two old guys hand Henry?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A can opener.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) A potato peeler.
2. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
(a) He drinks too much.
(b) He is abusive to staff.
(c) To he is rude to customers.
(d) He is always late.
3. What is Carson Gentry's job?
4. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) He does not want to work mornings.
(b) He does not get a raise.
(c) The boss hates him.
(d) He gets the oldest vehicle.
5. Where does Henry take a job in this section?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) A library.
(c) A gas station.
(d) An auto parts warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry move to after New York?
2. Where does Henry sleep for three or four days?
3. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
4. What does Henry pawn in this section?
5. What is the first job Chinaski applies for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willie die in the fifth section?
2. Why does Henry decide it is time to go back to Los Angeles?
3. What bet does Henry make in the opening chapter?
4. How do Henry's friends help him in the third section?
5. Why does Willie like Henry?
6. How does Henry meet Gertrude?
7. How does a relationship develop between Henry and Gertrude?
8. What does Henry do in El Paso?
9. Describe Henry Chinaski's character.
10. Summarize the second section.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)